PDA

View Full Version : Blended metal bullets

Spartan359
04-01-2005, 23:58
I was wondering if anyone has had any shooting experience with the new blended metal bullets from RBCD Performance? I've read a couple of articles and was wondering if anyone had any comments about them.

The Reaper
04-02-2005, 09:33
Do a search here for RBCD, blended metal, or LeMas.

Heck, just look down the Ammo forum for those topics.

TR

APLP
04-02-2005, 18:44
There will be additonal articles published soon which discuss the observed comparative armor and tissue performance between the Le Mas Ltd. BMT APLP ammunition and the current US military and law enforcement duty rounds.

APLP
04-02-2005, 19:02
The first picture below documents the effect of a single round 5.56 M-855 impact into the cinder block. The second picture documents the effect of a single round Le Mas Ltd. 9mm CQB impact into cinder block.

I don't recall if the Le Mas Ltd. 9mm CQB impact was fired from a Glock-17 or MP-5 SD. The M-855, M-262, and M193 when fired from a 12.5 inch barrel all showed signifigantly less effect in cinder block than the Le Mas Ltd. CQB 9mm or CQB .45acp handgun rounds.

Spartan359
04-03-2005, 07:17
Hey thanks TR and APLP for the information. I did a search on this site and found a few links. I saw the video of the rounds in action and damn. Once again thanks for the help. :munchin

KevinB
11-07-2005, 12:08
Stan,

Any recent data out of your new OTM's? I no longer have to worry about CF JAG approval

APLP
11-07-2005, 13:36
Stan,

Any recent data out of your new OTM's? I no longer have to worry about CF JAG approval

Howdy Kevin,

Hope the new world treats you well. If I can ever do anything drop me a note.

To my knowledge there has not been to date either a credible or official review for any of the Le Mas Ltd. armor piercing ammo, OTM or not by the US JAG.

Congressional appropriations which were intended to conduct specific testing for the Le Mas Ltd. AP ammo seem to have been conveniently diverted by various political interests.

FWIW I remain steadfast that the entire Le Mas Ltd. Short Range Armor Piercing bullet designs are already compliant to the historical small arms land warfare JAG rulings. The current organizational efforts to ban the use of the Le Mas Ltd. ammunition in non land warfare applications is one of political policy, not historical legal guidelines. The Le Mas Ltd. Short Range Armor Piercing ammunition is a political hot potato because of its dramatic performance as an Urban Warfare application, not because they have yet to be JAG reviewed for land warfare applications.

There are billions at stake with respect to competing large scale small arms related procurements which must all reference increased combat effectiveness to justify those proposed expenditures.

There will be a live fire demo in early December. If you are in the lower 48, you will be most welcome to pull the trigger with everything we have. You will have the chance to see how the M-262 really performs in armor and tissue. Might even have some 6.8 available for you to compare with the Le Mas Ltd. Short Range Armor Piercing 5.56.

Stan

jatx
11-07-2005, 16:31
Stan,

I am looking for a CCW round in .45 ACP - how does the RBCD Performance Plus TPD compare to the LeMas round that has been spoken so highly of around here?

:munchin

504PIR
11-07-2005, 17:26
APLP

Where is the demo going to be???

APLP
11-07-2005, 22:22
[QUOTE=504PIR]APLP

Where is the demo going to be???[/QUOTE

I don't mean to disrespect anybody who might read this, as the
demo would be for dedicated military, law enforcement, and
related personnel. Anyone who works with those communities
is welcome to contact me for more information.

Stan

APLP
11-07-2005, 22:45
Stan,

I am looking for a CCW round in .45 ACP - how does the RBCD Performance Plus TPD compare to the LeMas round that has been spoken so highly of around here?

:munchin

jatx,

I don't get the chance to test too much of the RBCD civilian rounds as there are many, but I will tell you that most of the ones I have had the chance to test I would carry before any other conventional hollow point design.

There are a lot of different bullet designs in the RBCD product line designed for specific applications which very different characteristics when impacting various barrier mediums and live tissue. If I had the chance to test the exact
.45acp bullet you mention I would certainly share that information. Without testing how a specific RBCD high velocity bullet design performs in a defined operational environment to include varialbe penetration mediums and live tissue I would not feel I could provide valid input to answer your question.

Stan