PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Iraq

Weazle23
03-30-2005, 17:41
Here's a link to a newly uploaded site with my pics from Iraq.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y19/Weazle23/

EX-Gold Falcon
03-30-2005, 17:48
Wes
for some reason your link is having "issues".

I for one look forward to seeing your shots.

Travis

Weazle23
03-30-2005, 17:50
I might need some geek help then, I'm not sure what I did wrong with the link.

Ambush Master
03-30-2005, 17:51
It works for me. You have to "click" on the Blue Word "Iraq".

Weazle23
03-30-2005, 17:54

Thanks AM,
I should have thought to mention that.

Gypsy
03-30-2005, 18:02
Those are some nice pics Wes, thanks for sharing them.

NousDefionsDoc
03-30-2005, 18:12
Great pics Wes. Thanks for sharing.

Kyobanim
03-30-2005, 19:07
Looking good!

EX-Gold Falcon
03-30-2005, 20:49

Okay I feel like an ass. Actually I did try hitting the blue Iraq, BUT I kept getting an error page.

Nice shots Wes! Still. no harness shots as you're floating into Bagdad ;) !

Travis

Archangel
03-30-2005, 21:03
Great pics bro. Thanks for sharing.

vsvo
03-30-2005, 21:05
Nice Pics. Thanks for sharing.

Archangel
03-30-2005, 21:12
Oh yeah, one thing that stood out were those kids with fake guns. Someone needs to tell them not to play like that around nervous young troops. Hate to see some kid get put down for not knowing better.

Some poor bastard from almost got lit up in Iraq during DS when he came out of a hole in the ground (to surrender) as we moved into a position. Two young 18 year old PV2's were about to light his ass up, but I caught them just in time. That was one of my "feel good" part of the war.

TPD1280
03-31-2005, 05:04
Nice pics Weazle, thanks for sharing. I never got used to the kids with guns either.

Surgicalcric
03-31-2005, 07:15
Great pics Wes.

I will give you a call this afternoon in referrence to that liquid refreshment...

Crip

Roguish Lawyer
03-31-2005, 12:09
Thanks for sharing.

What are the ROE when you see kids carrying guns like that?

jbour13
03-31-2005, 12:46
Good pics, I snaked about 1200 images from friends and co-workers that I deployed with. I only took about 100 shots myself and most were from a moving vehicle. Blurry was the theme. :)

The Reaper
03-31-2005, 13:13
I have a friend looking for a lot of action photos from Iraq to check out for gear.

Anyone here got a good site with lots of current ground combat pics?

TR

Huey14
03-31-2005, 13:38
Thanks for sharing.

I'm not having a go at you, but I have found when I have asked about ROE here a polite "fuck off" has gone my way.

EX-Gold Falcon
03-31-2005, 17:19
I'm not having a go at you, but I have found when I have asked about ROE here a polite "fuck off" has gone my way.

This seems rather strange. Any particular reason why that is the case? Your question doesn't seem that out of place...

Travis

brewmonkey
03-31-2005, 17:48
Great shots. The one with the kid pointing the fake weapon is amazing, he lucky the only shooting that time was a picture.

Weazle23
03-31-2005, 20:10
Thanks for sharing.

I don't know for other units, but we were repeatedly told that if we ever legitimately felt threatened to take action so we wouldn't feel threatened anymore. Take that as you will.

By the time I was on that tower guard, where I took those pics of the kids with toy guns, I had already made a very close, split-second and correct decision not to shoot the sh** out of two potentialy dangerous individuals who turned out to be ignorant hadji workers for an American company.

It was commanplace for those kids to run around and "play guns" shooting each other much like I did when I was thier age. I didn't like it, particularly when they "pretended" to shoot at us, and I made it very clear that they could easily get shot for that. But for the most part they seemed like good normal kids.

Huey14
03-31-2005, 21:51
This seems rather strange. Any particular reason why that is the case? Your question doesn't seem that out of place...

Travis

I was told it's because ROE, while not secret, is sensitive. When the bad guys know the specifics of when/how you can shoot, the ROE can be exploited to their advantage.

This is backed by the official view I read, when the NZ Engineers ROE was published in the Sunday paper.

I'm just repeating what I've been told.

Peregrino
03-31-2005, 22:16
I was told it's because ROE, while not secret, is sensitive. When the bad guys know the specifics of when/how you can shoot, the ROE can be exploited to their advantage.

This is backed by the official view I read, when the NZ Engineers ROE was published in the Sunday paper.

I'm just repeating what I've been told.

Maybe the next time you ask, you should quietly document the particulars when somebody tells you to "f" off for asking about the ROE. It might come in handy at a subsequent courts martial. If anything goes down you and everybody else involved will be held accountable to the ROE. Not knowing is not going to be an acceptable excuse. And leaving it with "you have an undeniable/irrevokable right to self defense" isn't going to protect you when you have to make a judgment call (especially if a news crew films it) in the heat of the moment. Every place I've ever been, the ROE were clearly stated - frequently given to us on a laminated card we were required to have on us at all times. They aren't a secret - too many people (the good guys) need to know them! Not wanting to sound like a barracks lawyer but I still remember instances like the 1SG in Panama brought up on charges by a cherry LT when he capped a bad guy with provocation. I haven't heard anything similar out of the sandbox yet but it is probably inevitable. FWIW - Peregrino

JMH85
03-31-2005, 22:26
Good pictures, enjoyed looking them over.

TR,

Check out PHOTOS (http://www.militaryphotos.net/) for some good currect military pictures.

Hope that helps.

JMH85

aricbcool
03-31-2005, 22:39
Good pics Weazle, thanks. :)

Huey14
03-31-2005, 23:05
Maybe the next time you ask, you should quietly document the particulars when somebody tells you to "f" off for asking about the ROE. It might come in handy at a subsequent courts martial. If anything goes down you and everybody else involved will be held accountable to the ROE. Not knowing is not going to be an acceptable excuse. And leaving it with "you have an undeniable/irrevokable right to self defense" isn't going to protect you when you have to make a judgment call (especially if a news crew films it) in the heat of the moment. Every place I've ever been, the ROE were clearly stated - frequently given to us on a laminated card we were required to have on us at all times. They aren't a secret - too many people (the good guys) need to know them! Not wanting to sound like a barracks lawyer but I still remember instances like the 1SG in Panama brought up on charges by a cherry LT when he capped a bad guy with provocation. I haven't heard anything similar out of the sandbox yet but it is probably inevitable. FWIW - Peregrino

Fair enough.

The Reaper
03-31-2005, 23:21

Uhh, I think he meant other than his ROE.

TR

skipjack
03-31-2005, 23:38
Great pics, thanks for sharing!

-skipjack

Wootie6709
09-06-2007, 22:40
Here are some of my pics from up north in Iraq, as well as Ramadi.
Pic -Myself and Iraqi Soldier(duh)

Wootie6709
09-06-2007, 22:44
Pic-2 A Scout buddy and myself.
I seem to only be able to post 1 Pic at a time.

stratiotes
09-09-2007, 22:28
We had an instance early on in the deployment when a soldier shot a kid with a realistic looking AK. The soldier was pretty tore up about it for a while. After that, we'd break every toy gun we could get our hands on. We even forced some local merchants to stop selling them.

Pic: one of my squad leaders on Haifa Street back in January.

Fiercely Loyal
09-10-2007, 00:49
I have a friend looking for a lot of action photos from Iraq to check out for gear.

Anyone here got a good site with lots of current ground combat pics?

TR

www.militaryphotos.net

The Reaper
09-10-2007, 08:08
www.militaryphotos.net

That was 18 months ago.

I think we have it covered now, thanks.

TR

kgoerz
09-10-2007, 18:43
I know it was a while ago. But I am getting some gear made and found these two sites with a lot of gear pictures. The one page has a lot of Airsoft but it's still the same Gear in most cases. Military Morons and the two below where the best I found.

http://www.milspecmonkey.com/diy-stores.html

http://www.specwargear.com/

Weazle23
09-11-2007, 13:34
Wow, someone really dipped deep into the well to bring this thread back! :lifter I guess it points to the reliablity of the Search button.