PDA

View Full Version : Johnnie Cochran dead at 67

Kyobanim
03-29-2005, 18:33
Maybe there is justice in this world.

Los Angeles - Johnnie L. Cochran Jr., who became a legal superstar after helping clear O.J. Simpson during a sensational murder trial in which he uttered the famous quote “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit,” died Tuesday. He was 67.

Cochran died of a brain tumor at his home in Los Angeles, his family said.

“Certainly, Johnnie’s career will be noted as one marked by celebrity cases and clientele,” the family said in a statement. “But he and his family were most proud of the work he did on behalf of those in the community.”

With his colorful suits and ties, his gift for courtroom oratory and a knack for coining memorable phrases, Cochran was a vivid addition to the pantheon of great American barristers.

the rest of the article is here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7330234/

I wonder if South Park will run a special?

Gypsy
03-29-2005, 18:41
Maybe there is justice in this world.

I wonder if South Park will run a special?

There is, I'm sure of it.

Maybe, then again there are the Seinfeld reruns...remember Kramer's lawyer Jackie Childs?

Airbornelawyer
03-29-2005, 19:04
Should I change my avatar? Or perhaps add a black band?

Gypsy
03-29-2005, 19:06
Should I change my avatar? Or perhaps add a black band?

LOL. You could add a black band...and a glove.

Doc
03-29-2005, 19:11
....remember Kramer's lawyer Jackie Childs?

That was my favorite avatar for R.L. He should have kept it.

Doc

Kyobanim
03-29-2005, 19:23
Cochran died of a brain tumor at his home in Los Angeles, his family said.

Well, that explains the Chewbacca Defense and some noteable others.

Radar Rider
03-29-2005, 19:27
I always thought the guy was a dipshit. But, he was one hell of a lawyer. In court (IMHO), a lot of the trial is about theatrics, and he was certainly good at it.

Roguish Lawyer
03-29-2005, 22:03
That was my favorite avatar for R.L. He should have kept it.

Doc

I'll restore it tomorrow when I get back to the office. A tribute.

NousDefionsDoc
03-30-2005, 09:49
Rest in Peace

jbour13
03-30-2005, 11:19
I always thought the guy was a dipshit. But, he was one hell of a lawyer. In court (IMHO), a lot of the trial is about theatrics, and he was certainly good at it.

I'd say he was pretty smart, but a little slimy. He had to be, that's how he got paid. He mislead people so well that he may be posthumously given a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame.

For a high profile man, it seems somewhat abrupt to read this in the news and to have no inkling that anything was wrong. One thing that gave me the heeby-jeebies is when I hopped on the computer last night the first commercial that came on the TV was a Cochran law firm ad as I was reading the AP article. He was popular in DC and drew a bit of attention here.

But nonetheless, rest in peace Mr. Cochran