PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of the end or....

rubberneck
03-25-2005, 16:00
The end of the beginning. Either way this story is pretty encouraging. I guess they are tired of getting it handed to them day in and day out. Even a half wit can see that there is no future in what they are doing.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7b2a3b4e-9d4e-11d9-a227-00000e2511c8.html

Bravo1-3
03-25-2005, 16:03
Insurgent leaders fear coming out into the open to talk for fear of being targeted by US military or Iraqi security forces' raids, he said.

Ya'think?

The Reaper
03-25-2005, 16:14
Insurgent leaders fear coming out into the open to talk for fear of being targeted by US military or Iraqi security forces' raids, he said.

I hate it when that happens.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-25-2005, 16:26
Also of interest:

Sharif Ali distinguishes many Sunni insurgents, whom he says took up arms in reaction to the invasive raids in search of Ba'athist leaders and other “humiliations” soon after the 2003 war, from the radical jihadist branch associated with Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Unlike Mr Zarqawi's followers, who are thought to be responsible for the big suicide bomb attacks on Iraqi civilian targets, the other Sunni insurgents are more likely to plant bombs and carry out ambushes against security forces and US troops active near their homes.

Sharif Ali said the success of Iraq's elections dealt the insurgents a demoralising blow, prompting them to consider the need to enter the political process.

NousDefionsDoc
03-25-2005, 16:48
Notice they quit calling Zarqawi a Palestinian....

I think some people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Jo Sul
03-25-2005, 17:00
Quote:

I hate it when that happens.

TR

They are easier to hit when they're in the open, but not much harder otherwise with the appropriate munitions.