PDA

View Full Version : tanto knife can cut kevlar?

72_Wilderness
03-21-2005, 22:34
I just recently purchased a knife, the knife has a tanto style to it but the edge curves slightly up, sorta like a Chinesse/Japanesse sword only smaller in scale. My older brother said that the end point could stab thru kevlar and the second point could cut thru kevlar. He said it was all because of the angle of the points. He doesn't have a reason to lie to me, and it seems strange that a knife could cut thru kevlar but kevlar can stop certain bullets. Anybody know anything about this?

Team Sergeant
03-21-2005, 22:49
This is just the type of question you need to research yourself young man.

We’re not here to answer silly questions, and while this may not fall into the stupid question category it comes perilously close.

You state in your profile that it is your desire to someday join our ranks. Well then training day has begun. Learn to find answers on your own, save the “really hard ones” for us.

Think twice before you post again.

The Team Sergeant

Ambush Master
03-21-2005, 22:53
Think twice before you post again.The Team Sergeant

Like the Chris Reeve Knives T-Shirt reads, "Think Twice, Cut Once" !!!

The Reaper
03-21-2005, 22:54
I just recently purchased a knife, the knife has a tanto style to it but the edge curves slightly up, sorta like a Chinesse/Japanesse sword only smaller in scale. My older brother said that the end point could stab thru kevlar and the second point could cut thru kevlar. He said it was all because of the angle of the points. He doesn't have a reason to lie to me, and it seems strange that a knife could cut thru kevlar but kevlar can stop certain bullets. Anybody know anything about this?

Why would you need to know if your new knife can cut or stab through Kevlar?

You planning on sticking a cop?

TR