PDA

View Full Version : A complete history of the Green Berets

dennisw
03-17-2005, 18:40
I just received " A complete history of the Green Berets". It's a dvd sold by the History channel ( http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=72396&browseCategoryId=&location=&parentcatid=&subcatid=)

It cost around $30.00, but it's 100 minutes long and very good. I watched most of programs on the discovery channel and while they are pretty good, I thought the Complete history of the Green Berets was better.

I was also curious if any of the particpants on this site are shown in the dvd? Sadly, it didn't use Avatars.

Razor
03-18-2005, 09:53
The complete history, in 100 minutes, huh? Yeah, maybe not.

lksteve
03-18-2005, 10:00
I just received " A complete history of the Green Berets".

complete histories are impossible to write before the end of the era, my friend....

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 10:37
The complete history, in 100 minutes, huh? Yeah, maybe not.
It's only 10th Group. If you include 7th and 5th, it would take about a year. LOL

Razor
03-18-2005, 12:57
Again, the junior Groups vying for attention, much like the bothersome little brother in a family. :D

The Reaper
03-18-2005, 13:36
Again, the junior Groups vying for attention, much like the bothersome little brother in a family. :D

Hey, how did that big European War gig you were working on for the past 50 years turn out?

Did you kill them in the Fulda like you planned? :D

TR

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 13:41
Well, be fair Boss. They did send a sniper team to Beruit once. Must of been nice to spend all that time being trained by the Brits and Germans and Dutch and what was that other one? Oh yeah, THE PHRENCH!!!!!

Razor
03-18-2005, 15:22
Did you kill them in the Fulda like you planned?

Nope, ended up turning them to our side and training 'em on their own turf. So, how's the effort to get the narcos to do the same thing going? ;)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-18-2005, 15:29
Hey, how did that big European War gig you were working on for the past 50 years turn out?

Did you kill them in the Fulda like you planned? :D

TR

Actually the conventional armored folks were to hold them at the Fulda encased in all that homosexual steel while we ate their lunch. I think the big European War gig turned out pretty good. Brought a whole frigging evil empire down without firing a shot in anger that anyone knew about. :lifter

Jack Moroney-Central European tour guide and cultural attache

The Reaper
03-18-2005, 15:39
Actually the conventional armored folks were to hold them at the Fulda encased in all that homosexual steel while we ate their lunch. I think the big European War gig turned out pretty good. Brought a whole frigging evil empire down without firing a shot in anger that anyone knew about. :lifter

Jack Moroney-Central European tour guide and cultural attache

You think that was just a 10th Group effort, Jefe?

I think that we all had something to do with that.

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-18-2005, 15:49
I think that we all had something to do with that.

TR

Of course, but the tip of the spear is the tip of the spear-blunted though it may have been after commitment.

Jack Moroney-spear maker, thrower, thruster, and sharpener.

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 15:50
Nope, ended up turning them to our side and training 'em on their own turf. So, how's the effort to get the narcos to do the same thing going? ;)
Fine, fine. Shipped two up there just last week. Don't hear anything about Pablo makin' a come back now do ya? They don't call it the "fomer Medellin Cartel" - because we disposed of it.

BMT (RIP)
03-18-2005, 15:58
Damn!! I guess us "RICE BURNERS" were on the longest R&R in Special Forces history.
Wada you have to say AM,QRQ30 and TT??

:munchin

BMT

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 16:00
Damn!! I guess us "RICE BURNERS" were on the longest R&R in Special Forces history.
Wada you have to say AM??

BMT

It says, "A complete history..." not "An Ancient History..." :) :munchin :D

BMT (RIP)
03-18-2005, 16:27
NDD you are meaner than a DEMOCRAT!!!

BMT

Razor
03-18-2005, 16:30
Wow, that's cold--even when directed at a 7th Group guy. :)

lksteve
03-18-2005, 17:06

Did you kill them in the Fulda like you planned?

we won...they quit without fighting...their fear was immense... :rolleyes:

BMT (RIP)
03-18-2005, 17:12
I sure hope I'm not recall to AD to attended COO training. :p

BMT

NousDefionsDoc
03-18-2005, 21:35
NDD you are meaner than a DEMOCRAT!!!

BMT
Ouch! Damnit! That one's going to leave a mark!

Scrappy
03-22-2005, 12:49
we won...they quit without fighting...their fear was immense... :rolleyes:

LOL... its funny how disapointed you seem.