PDA

View Full Version : Slainte!

Gypsy
03-16-2005, 21:19
When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

A bit early...but a Happy St. Patty's day to one and all!

Roguish Lawyer
03-16-2005, 21:26
The damn parade is going to slow my trip to work tomorrow. Bah humbug.

Gypsy
03-16-2005, 21:27
Scrooge. :p

Oh wait...wrong holiday. Ughhhh.

The Reaper
03-16-2005, 21:59
I feel an Irish Car Bomb or two sneaking up on me.

TR

brewmonkey
03-16-2005, 22:53
Some Guiness was spilt on the barroom floor
When the pub was shut for the night
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse
And stood in the pale moonlight
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor
Then back on his haunches he sat
And all the night you could hear him roar
"Bring on the goddamn cat!"

Tomorrow the rest of the country gets to pretend they are Irish for the day, unluck us lucky folks who are all year round! :D

ghostinashell
03-16-2005, 23:30
An Old Irish Curse

May those that love us love us;
and those that don't love us,
may, God turn their hearts; if he
can't turn their hearts, may he
turn their ankles, so we'll
know them by their limping.

AngelsSix
03-17-2005, 18:35
God bless the Irish, I say!! Those folks KNOW how to have a good time. I wish I could join them, but unfortunately I have to drive up early to pick up the dog from the trainer's and I cannot afford a hangover. I could definitely use a drink right now, however, my damn teeth are KILLING ME!!
Screw it, I am going to make a Beam and coke, one won't kill me. See y'all later!!
:p

EarthPig2/75
03-19-2005, 10:20
I feel an Irish Car Bomb or two sneaking up on me.

TR
I linked up with a young Ranger about a year ago at some weird punk rock bar that he selected. I was feeling very out of place, sitting in the corner drinking my Guinness, while my 'buddy' played a game of pool with an alien-looking chick with maroon hair and a numerous body piercings.

After awhile, the bartender walked over to me, made a comment about my Ranger t-shirt, and asked me if I wanted an Irish Car Bomb. Being an old fart who doesn't get out much, I naturally assumed that this punk wanted me to go out to his car with him and smoke a bong of dope. :rolleyes:

I got in the kid's face and was giving him a verbal thrashing about my dislike of illicit drugs and freaks like him. When I finished, the cowering rocker said, "Geez, dude, I just wanted to buy you a drink in appreciation of your service." :eek:

Yes, I felt like a dork. The kid brought me my first Irish Car Bomb (on the house) and it now ranks high among my favorites.

RLTW
EP

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-19-2005, 11:52
Hmmm! Hey EarthPig, what is in that Irish car bomb? I might want to try one sometime. :lifter

EarthPig2/75
03-19-2005, 12:31
Hmmm! Hey EarthPig, what is in that Irish car bomb? I might want to try one sometime. :lifter
Here's the recipe:
Irish Car Bomb (http://www.drinknation.com/drink/Irish-Car-Bomb)
Note: When I've had it, they've literally dropped the shot into the beer mug, glass and all. You end up catching the shotglass in your teeth, as the last guzzle of Guinness goes down.
RLTW
EP

The Reaper
03-19-2005, 14:23
I'm just wondering how it would work with good bourbon, rather than Jameson's.

Since I have a six-pack of Guinness, and several premium bourbons, I sense a taste test coming up.

The recipe listed appears to be a half-serving.

TR

mfos2
03-19-2005, 14:32
I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but whenever I want Drink Irish Car Bombs, or IRA Cocktails, I've been known to use Southern Comfort instead of jameson, cause sometimes it hard to get ahold of Jameson. I can't tell too much difference. IRA cocktails are Irish Car Bombs without the Guinness.

Do you guys drink the Draught or the extra stout? I'm an extra stout guy, but it's better to use draught to make miked drinks.

I'll go do pt if you want me to shut up.
M

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-19-2005, 16:40

Since I have a six-pack of Guinness, and several premium bourbons, I sense a taste test coming up.

The recipe listed appears to be a half-serving.

TR

I have always been told form my Irish Catholic friends, that Jameson's Irish whiskey is the true "Irish" Whiskey and that the devils brew is Bushmill's Irish, which was made by the British for for "Orangemen."

Let us know what ya think after your test TR.

BTW: Earthpig tanks for the recipe! I'll try it! :D

Roguish Lawyer
03-19-2005, 16:55

Depends on what you mean by "work."

Jameson's has a very distinct flavor; the question is whether you'd even notice the difference when you're mixing it with Bailey's and a half pint of Guinness, then immediately chugging the whole thing. I suspect not, even if you have an incredibly sensitive palate.

But I, too, am willing to try it. ;)

The Reaper
03-19-2005, 17:04
Depends on what you mean by "work."

Jameson's has a very distinct flavor; the question is whether you'd even notice the difference when you're mixing it with Bailey's and a half pint of Guinness, then immediately chugging the whole thing. I suspect not, even if you have an incredibly sensitive palate.

But I, too, am willing to try it. ;)

No mission too difficult, no task too great!

TR

Gypsy
03-19-2005, 17:22
I have always been told form my Irish Catholic friends, that Jameson's Irish whiskey is the true "Irish" Whiskey and that the devils brew is Bushmill's Irish, which was made by the British for for "Orangemen."

Well the "true" Irish Whiskey is called Paddy's...but it is not available for sale in the States. :( However you can purchase it in various parts of Europe and of course in Ireland.

If anyone is ever in Ireland/Europe....

Air.177
03-19-2005, 19:17
No mission too difficult, no task too great!

TR

No Brain cells to be left alive ;)

The Reaper
03-19-2005, 20:01
No Brain cells to be left alive ;)

Stand back, young man.

There are experienced operators at work here.

TR

Air.177
03-19-2005, 22:04
Stand back, young man.

There are experienced operators at work here.

TR

Right, My Bad, Let the culling of the herd continue

The Reaper
03-19-2005, 23:00
Worked well with Maker's Mark.

I had to double the recipe to a full pint of Guinness though.

On to JD.

TR

The Reaper
03-20-2005, 00:13
JD works, liked the MM better, but hard to detect.

Need another try with Wild Turkey.

TR

Weazle23
03-20-2005, 02:59
Worked well with Maker's Mark.

I had to double the recipe to a full pint of Guinness though.

On to JD.

TR

Maker's Mark has been my favorite for a few years now, although I havn't made my own Irish Car Bomb's. Wheeler's in Fayetteville has always made a fine Irish Car Bomb, IIRC they use Jameson's.