PDA

View Full Version : Change to the REP-63 Program in MD?

FMA11
03-10-2005, 14:43
Due to a waiver issue, I have been going through the process of signing up with the Maryland NG under a REP-63 contract for about 20 months (back when Sgt. S. was the recruiting contact). I have heard that the process may have changed from being able to sign up as a non-qualified 18 series prior to heading down the pipeline (in this case beginning at Basic Training) to having to sign up as an 11 series (or whatever the prerequisite MOS would be based on your 18 series preference or need of the group), go to Basic, AIT and Airborne then come home to try out prior to the group releasing for the remainder of the SF pipeline. If that's the case, I'm certainly cool with it, I just would like to have a definitive answer.

Also, my waiver may or may not have been approved by the SF Command Surgeon (please excuse my civilian-ness if I have misspoken) so my next question is does my waiver need to be approved by both the SF Command and the Guard Bureau or just one of these authorities?

I'm very confused and a little frustrated due to the length of this process so if someone has some insight or advice, please let me know via PM or reply.

Thanks in advance.

zippy
03-10-2005, 15:54
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but to answer the waiver question, the QP's would probably need to know what kind of waiver (obviously medical, but with regard to what specific issue...) your seeking. It would also be good info for others that might find themselves in the same boat.

FMA11
03-10-2005, 15:59
Good point. The waiver is for my vision. I'm nearsighted and I hovered around the -8.00 uncorrected limit during my initial physical.

Surgicalcric
03-10-2005, 17:37
FMA11:

Your waiver to enlist will need to be approved by the NGB Surgeon General. Once you are here at SFQC PH-1A it may require another waiver to attend SFAS, but you need not worry about that at this time.

HTH,

Crip

FMA11
03-11-2005, 08:23
Thanks Crip.

NousDefionsDoc
03-11-2005, 08:50
Thanks Crip.
Do we know you?

FMA11
03-11-2005, 09:27
No sir. I've been lurking here, and at Socnet, for a while. I posted here only as a last resort due to the contradictory info I've been receiving from my recruiters and the length of time I've been going through the process.

Filled out my profile a while back and due to the fact that I have absolutely zero qualifications in your world, it's pretty thin.

Hopefully my post was not out of place. If so, I apologize.

NousDefionsDoc
03-11-2005, 09:46
If we don't know you, don't call him Crip. You presume too much young man.

And don't call me sir.

FMA11
03-11-2005, 09:47
Understood. Back to lurking.