PDA

View Full Version : Inside Special Forces

Roguish Lawyer
03-07-2005, 12:53
This is not a book, but a 1-hour TV documentary by National Geographic. I am only about half-way through it on TiVo, but I think it is pretty good. Starts off with a brief history of SF (including reference to John S. Mosby and the Jedburghs as antecedants), then moves ahead to Afghanistan and Iraq. Follows some ODAs around with cameras. I think this may have been filmed as part of the same PR initiative that led to the writing of Masters of Chaos because, IIRC, at least one of the same ODAs is involved. General Boykin is interviewed, as is a Colonel from the schoolhouse and some others. The primary character so far is Master Sergeant Dave Betz, TS of ODA 574.

I don't know if this will do anything for SF guys, but it is a pretty good introduction to SF IMO. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the show.

MAB32
03-07-2005, 20:50
RL,

is that the one where the "New Kid" (their term) gets some range time with an RPG and hits the car down range?

elmntskater1588
03-31-2005, 16:40
Actually I think thats the NG SF unit documentry on the Discovery Times channel your talking about MAB32. The one where the team member is a rocket scientist? right ;)

ZoneOne
04-01-2005, 20:43
I saw that on Discovery Times a while back.

One thing in particular that caught my eye since I'm only 20, was the 19 year old they had on their team.

Not sure if he was on the team or a tag along.

Any one have any info on that guy?