PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and IRL

QRQ 30
03-06-2005, 13:36
I was watching the F1 race and as usual got bored. The IRL race was beginning on ESPN. I enjoy IRL. They are the fastest races cars available except for dragsters. They can race wheel to wheel at 200+ mph (open wheel at that).

Anyway ESPN has a new concept. They broadcast simulcast on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN2 is all in-car coverage.

Huey14
03-06-2005, 13:54
IRL is shithouse. You should watch the Aussie V8's if you want to see some real racing.

Sdiver
03-07-2005, 14:47
Anyway ESPN has a new concept. They broadcast simulcast on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN2 is all in-car coverage.

That's becasue they're scrambling to find something to fill in the slots that NHL Hockey would have filled up. Hell, the other night, they had Women's Field Hockey on.

Kinda like when they first started broadcasting. Find any type of sport to fill in the time slots.

Like Aussie Rules Football.......ahhhh.....those where the days.

jbour13
03-07-2005, 15:00
You'll know that they are really out of things to multi-coverage when you start seeing the spelling b's in HD and Madden Play by Play.

Roguish Lawyer
03-07-2005, 15:38
That's becasue they're scrambling to find something to fill in the slots that NHL Hockey would have filled up. Hell, the other night, they had Women's Field Hockey on.

I wish they would show AHL, junior and college hockey. Or maybe the Russian Super League.

Sdiver
03-07-2005, 15:44
I wish they would show AHL, junior and college hockey. Or maybe the Russian Super League.

I think there might be an infringment problem with them showing AHL, JR and College games, seeing as how they're broadcast on local FSN stations.

I've been watching a few Denver U games up here. I also found out, that the AVS games are on the local FSN channel here in Billings. Damn my luck. :mad:

Roguish Lawyer
03-07-2005, 15:49
I think there might be an infringment problem with them showing AHL, JR and College games, seeing as how they're broadcast on local FSN stations.

They can contract around that problem. I'm sure Fox would be glad to take a chunk of national broadcast revenue without incurring any related costs.