PDA

View Full Version : Heads up

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2004, 13:02
I'm going to be out of town in trial this week, possibly all week. Same courthouse as the Scott Peterson trial -- what a &%$*&^ zoo. Anyway, I don't know if I'll get on-line at all during the trial, although I might.

Wish me luck! :)

Ambush Master
02-15-2004, 15:12
May Justice Prevail, and have a safe journey !!!

Later
Martin

CRad
02-15-2004, 15:28
Show them your stirring stick. That'll scare them. Good luck. For the record I think Scott Peterson is guilty as sin.

lrd
02-15-2004, 16:03
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
I'm going to be out of town in trial this week, possibly all week. Same courthouse as the Scott Peterson trial -- what a &%$*&^ zoo. Anyway, I don't know if I'll get on-line at all during the trial, although I might.

Wish me luck! Good luck! (I'll look for you on TV outside the courthouse. :) )

Team Sergeant
02-15-2004, 16:31
Have fun and don't forget to feed the zoo animals.

Sdiver
02-15-2004, 16:38
How strange.....I've got Jury Duty this week.

But up here in Seattle though.:D

Ockham's Razor
02-15-2004, 17:23
Give 'em hell counselor!

NousDefionsDoc
02-15-2004, 17:25
Good luck

Gypsy
02-15-2004, 19:44
Good luck Consiglieri!

Sacamuelas
02-15-2004, 19:54
Run up to the CNN cameras and say "Hello to Sneaky" or give "my homies at Aprof a shout-out" to one of the BET cameras covering the peterson trial. :p

You would become famous here, well maybe infamous. LOL
Good luck RL

AngelsSix
02-15-2004, 20:18
Tell 'em Spanky said "hey y'all"!!

Have fun!!

CSB
02-15-2004, 20:54
I assume you mean Redwood City (San Mateo Superior Court). Anything interesting?

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2004, 21:22
Originally posted by CSB
I assume you mean Redwood City (San Mateo Superior Court). Anything interesting?

Yep. No, it's a lease dispute. Tried the case three years ago and won, but didn't get all the money we wanted. Appealed the damages award and won; case remanded for retrial of damages using our standard. Pretty boring stuff.

Sacamuelas
02-15-2004, 21:29
Yep. No, it's a lease dispute. Tried the case three years ago and won, but didn't get all the money we wanted. Appealed the damages award and won; case remanded for retrial of damages using our standard. Pretty boring stuff.
Translation:

" The client didn't get enough money to pay me in full so we went back to court to squeeze that already burdened small business owner so more. We'll get almost all he has left, then he'll go bankrupt. I will get paid and then...

I will do talk with the poor bastard to represent him in bankruptcy and take the last two cents he has left. All in a days work, pretty boring stuff and then I will drive home and wash my new Hummer H2." :p

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2004, 21:30
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Translation:

" The client didn't get enough money to pay me in full so we went back to court to squeeze that already burdened small business owner so more. We'll get almost all he has left, then he'll go bankrupt. I will get paid and then...

I will do talk with the poor bastard to represent him in bankruptcy and take the last two cents he has left. All in a days work, pretty boring stuff and then I will drive home and wash my new Hummer H2." :p

Actually, you will all be pleased to know that we are suing a law firm.

Sacamuelas
02-15-2004, 21:31
That is the best thing about sharks... They will eat their own kind just as quickly!! LOL

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2004, 21:34
Self-portrait:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1805

CRad
02-15-2004, 22:46
Actually, you will all be pleased to know that we are suing a law firm.

I've heard of that happening. Would you be interested in a link?

DunbarFC
02-15-2004, 22:49
Take care there Tom Hagen

You need help with a horses head, you give us a holler

Roguish Lawyer
02-19-2004, 19:04
Update:

Trial actually starts Friday morning; likely will last well into next week. Drew a Republican judge with a reputation for ruling the courtroom with an iron fist. I like that. Keep your fingers crossed!

Roguish Lawyer
02-19-2004, 21:30
Turns out one of my clients did two tours in Viet Nam. He was a crewman on Navy search and rescue helicopters -- his job was to go in and get downed pilots. Sort of a Navy PJ without a parachute (my description, not his). Told me some great stories over lunch. I told him about the site, but I'm not sure if he'll register.