PDA

View Full Version : elbow pain

phily357
02-27-2005, 14:47
I am sure this is a result to repeated arm bars. If it is a slight pain on the outside of the elbow when it is fully extended or palpated, would it be okay do work out my back ie. pullups while healing? I have been iceing it every day for 30 min and that helps a ton. Also how long should I wait before I get back to grappaling, is it okay to go back with a little bit of pain? Thanks, Phil

ccrn
02-27-2005, 17:55
Is it from a specific injury, or from repetitive use (as in arm bars)?

How much discomfort does it cause you?

If it were me (and youre not) I might rest that and consider my paramount objective.

Have you considered seeing a sports Doc since your waiting to ship and have time?

phily357
02-27-2005, 18:58
It is not from repeated use. I just started sparring with someone new and he keeps putting me into armbars.

Just a little sore, more annoying than anything. I would comepare it to how ones elbow would feel after a very had tri. workout, or the day after doing a zillion pushups.

Just wanted to know what the suggested rest time would be for that.

The Reaper
02-27-2005, 19:16
It is not from repeated use. I just started sparring with someone new and he keeps putting me into armbars.

Just a little sore, more annoying than anything. I would comepare it to how ones elbow would feel after a very had tri. workout, or the day after doing a zillion pushups.

Just wanted to know what the suggested rest time would be for that.

You may want to see a physician.

TR

phily357
02-28-2005, 08:49
Roger TR.

Appt at 3:45.

Will report back.

The Reaper
02-28-2005, 09:08
He will probably tell you to quit letting the other guy use an arm bar on you.

Learn an escape, or avoid the trap.

No point in aggravating an injury in training, the Army will afford you plenty of chances to do that if you make it through.

Good luck.

TR

phily357
03-01-2005, 13:55
Results from doctor appt:
Just a strain.
Ice, Motrin, and a "couple" days rest.
As I was leaving he also suggested I tap earlier.

Martin
03-01-2005, 15:21
As I was leaving he also suggested I tap earlier.

Ain't that the truth... When somebody has you in a lock (I think you call it that too), it is there. Had it been a real fight, your arm, foot, whatever, would be gone. You don't gain much training wise by trying to hold out or cringe out of an already set lock. What's probable is that the other one, your Uke, will think that it's not in and either directly push harder, or yet more likely, snap it in place.