PDA

View Full Version : tuff man compitition

Dustin03
02-26-2005, 20:50
Hey, me and a buddy where at a club last night, and noticed these signs about "fight night". i asked one of the employees about it and they made a phone call. next thing i know this guy is talking to us and hands us some papers, realizing what it was, heck yea we signed up!!

so now im signed up for this charity tuff man compition. as far as i know it's free style, with only a few rules, but protection will be worn (headgear, gloves, mouthguards).

it's not official yet, cause i haven't gone in to weigh in and pay the $30 fee. I am looking forward to this tho. im sure ima have me some fun. the take home reward for winning is like $500. so that will be nice.

Any comments, tips, or suggestions? anybody have any experiences with these kinds of events? The guy talking to us told us usually guys with no clue get the mess stomped outta them pretty quick.

One thing i have thought about, in the AF if you recieve or have had before, a concussion, you can no longer fly or do special duties (CCT, PJ) is this true in the army world?

The Reaper
02-26-2005, 20:59
Hey, me and a buddy where at a club last night, and noticed these signs about "fight night". i asked one of the employees about it and they made a phone call. next thing i know this guy is talking to us and hands us some papers, realizing what it was, heck yea we signed up!!

so now im signed up for this charity tuff man compition. as far as i know it's free style, with only a few rules, but protection will be worn (headgear, gloves, mouthguards).

it's not official yet, cause i haven't gone in to weigh in and pay the $30 fee. I am looking forward to this tho. im sure ima have me some fun. the take home reward for winning is like $500. so that will be nice.

Any comments, tips, or suggestions? anybody have any experiences with these kinds of events? The guy talking to us told us usually guys with no clue get the mess stomped outta them pretty quick.

One thing i have thought about, in the AF if you recieve or have had before, a concussion, you can no longer fly or do special duties (CCT, PJ) is this true in the army world?

I would say that the list of things that could go wrong and happen to you are significantly more career ending and expensive to repair than the winner's $500.

Think about it.

TR

Dustin03
02-26-2005, 21:17
roger that, sir. It's not official yet, just somethingive thought about. It's gonna be on a sunday night of a drill weekend, so i would already be tired. If i wasnt too tired then i suppose i wasnt working hard enough at drill.

The list of things is long, but i always look to win, and win big. I really havent thought about the career ending factors, thnaks for bringing that up. ima sit on this one for a few days.

Bill Harsey
02-27-2005, 08:58
Dustin,
In the old days I'd pull up a beer and throw the chairs out of the way to watch a good fight or, uh, be in it. Now I'm kinda with the Reaper.
What I know about hand to hand for sport is that even the best get hurt sometimes, often by opponents that "weren't supposed to able to do that".
just an inbredredneckknifemakers .02.

Kyobanim
02-27-2005, 09:20
Dustin,

It's just not worth the chance. I've received several 'show stopping' injuries in the last few years while wearing complete sparring gear. Don't throw away what you're trying to achieve for a little fun on Sunday night.

Just my .02

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-27-2005, 09:42
Nothing is going to protect you from a got shot to the side of your knee. Best way to quickly eliminate someone with very little effort. Got a couple of pairs of crutches for you that I am not using now. Send my your address.

Jack Moroney

The Reaper
02-27-2005, 10:15
The list of things is long, but i always look to win, and win big. I really havent thought about the career ending factors, thnaks for bringing that up. ima sit on this one for a few days.

You think $500 is a "big win" you might want to look at losses to lifetime earnings and health care costs.

TR

QRQ 30
02-27-2005, 10:28
If the opponet is wearing a fur coat, his knuckles drag the ground and the fight takes place in a cage, look out!! :eek:

Everyone took up a collection to get me into the cage with a chimp at the fair which they used to have on post at Ft. Bragg. That cheatin MoFo hung from the ceiling and then beat the shit outa me with his hind set of arms and fists. Then he had me on my back and was doing squat jumps on my chest. All in the period of about 5 seconds. :D

Kyobanim
02-27-2005, 10:42
If the opponet is wearing a fur coat, his knuckles drag the ground and the fight takes place in a cage, look out!! :eek:

Everyone took up a collection to get me into the cage with a chimp at the fair which they used to have on post at Ft. Bragg. That cheatin MoFo hung from the ceiling and then beat the shit outa me with his hind set of arms and fists. Then he had me on my back and was doing squat jumps on my chest. All in the period of about 5 seconds. :D

Pictures! Pictures! :munchin

Pete
02-27-2005, 11:59
That cheatin MoFo hung from the ceiling and then beat the shit outa me with his hind set of arms and fists.

Please wait while I clean the pepsi off my screen and try and get some air back into my lungs. :eek: :D

Pete

Sacamuelas
02-27-2005, 13:56
Please wait while I clean the pepsi off my screen and try and get some air back into my lungs. :eek: :D

Pete

I'm with Pete!!! ROTFLMAO!!! HAHAHA

thanks for the story QRQ30.

Sdiver
02-27-2005, 14:01

So...is this where the phrase "Monkey Stomping" really came from? :munchin

DanUCSB
02-27-2005, 15:16
So...is this where the phrase "Monkey Stomping" really came from?

And the truth finally comes out. :D

Roguish Lawyer
02-27-2005, 16:08
I'm with Pete!!! ROTFLMAO!!! HAHAHA

thanks for the story QRQ30.

Yeah, that was good. Thanks, Q.