PDA

View Full Version : PSD Training - Anyone know these guys?

zeroalpha
02-22-2005, 22:06
Anyone know anything about these guys?

Not for me btw, for a mate of mine who is interested

Any info appreciated.

SOC-SMG
HD-SOC OPEN ENROLLMENT "PSD OPERATOR" 5 DAY TRAINING
[/url]

Edited by Team Sergeant

Let them advertise elsewhere.

lksteve
02-22-2005, 22:26
Anyone know anything about these guys?

Not for me btw, for a mate of mine who is interested

Any info appreciated.

Minden NV is about 10 miles from where i live....GSS is not in the phone book, SOC-SMG is...none of the names for either company ring a bell...Nevada is 85-90% federal land, most of it desert...SOC-SMG mentions they have a training area near Hawthorne...could be...you could hide a whole bunch of stuff you didn't want seen out there...

the local area is damned expensive to live...Minden is near Lake Tahoe and that puts the median price of a house in these parts around $350-400K...

Team Sergeant
02-23-2005, 07:46
ZA,

You wight want to run the staff names through a google search.

You desire weapons training from a "motivational speaker"???

Good Luck.

TS

magician
02-23-2005, 08:16
do they have any ....vans down by the river?

sorry.

could not resist.

:)

504PIR
02-23-2005, 10:04
SOC-SMG is a reputable security company based out on the west coast. They are working several contracts in Iraq right now.

The new director of training is a friend of mine, worked at Blackwater and was a plank owner at SEAL Team 6.

I believe and I could be wrong, but SOC-SMG and Global Security (Rent a Gurka in Iraq) are partnering up on some business deals.

504PIR
02-23-2005, 10:06
If you don't mind PM me that link, I'm curious about what they are doing?

Team Sergeant
02-23-2005, 14:05
SOC-SMG is a reputable security company based out on the west coast. They are working several contracts in Iraq right now.

Did you work for this company?

Or are you passing judgement based on what you've seen.... or heard?

Anyone can get a Iraq contract with enough wall mart greeters.

TS

504PIR
02-23-2005, 18:32
I was offered a job a couple of times, but I don't like to jump around. We had several guys come over to us. We were one of the higher paying companies. Soc-Smg did start their people out on the low side. When I talked to them they used a graduated pay scale. For static work they paid pretty good, for PSD it was on the low side.

Equipment wise they had top-notch gear when I saw them. Sig pistols, M-4, SAWs, PKMs, commo gear was better than ours. I can't remember what vehicles they were using. I personally knew some of the guys that came over, except for pay they did not have anything negative to say about the company.

In Baghdad they have a decent rep, they are NOT a Triple Canopy or USIS. But the teams I saw were not cowboys or idiots. IMO they are not a bunch fly by nighters like Custer Battles.

I know the new Director of Training pretty well. He squared my guys away with stuff that I couldn't beg, borrow or trade anywhere else. If he is over there I have faith in him that it will be squared away.

So I base my statement on the people I know personally who have worked there, my discussions with the company and my observations of their employees. I'd work for them.

Guy
02-23-2005, 18:42
PM me who you work for, several companys have good work ethics.

I briefed a few guys from SOC-SMG when they had a lay-over here, prior to going to the sandbox.