PDA

View Full Version : med. or large bag?

phily357
02-22-2005, 13:07
I ordered ruck a week ago. I asked for the large bag. Today they called and asked if a med. would be okay. They are having trouble finding me a large. Would there be enough space in the med. bag for a 50lb sand bang, water, and a sweat shirt? (what I usually carry when I train. Should I settle for a med., or wait till mil. clothing finds me a large bag. Thanks. Phil

DanUCSB
02-22-2005, 13:12
I cannot speak for SFAS, but I know that in the infantry, I've never seen a medium ruck outside of Basic Training.

Dustin03
02-22-2005, 13:19
I ordered ruck a week ago. I asked for the large bag. Today they called and asked if a med. would be okay. They are having trouble finding me a large. Would there be enough space in the med. bag for a 50lb sand bang, water, and a sweat shirt? (what I usually carry when I train. Should I settle for a med., or wait till mil. clothing finds me a large bag. Thanks. Phil

Yes a medium will be enough if that's all you're carrying. When it was for sure i was crossing over from air force to army NG SF i started training with an old Med. ruck. i actually put 3 sandbags in there, then water on the outer pouches. and there was room to squeeze a few more things in there. Another option you can do if you dont want a ruck is if you have access to a bx/px go checkout these backpacks they have. they are black and set up like a civi ruck. only draw back is you got a bunch of straps hanging everywhere so with mine i took some black athletic tape and fixed that problem up quick fast and in a hurry.

just my .02 ymmv

Surgicalcric
02-22-2005, 14:22
Why settle for a medium ruck when its doubtful you will ever use it again after you get to an ODA? You would be throwing the money away at that point. Granted we are not talking alot of money but $60.00 is still $60.00. I would get a large. If the company you contacted cant get you one I am sure one of the other Mil surplus suppliers on the web can.

Just my .02 YMMV.

Crip

lksteve
02-22-2005, 15:20
Why settle for a medium ruck when its doubtful you will ever use it again after you get to an ODA?

we used to carry medium rucks inside our large rucks to use for caches and stuf, mission dependent...but if you are going to buy one bag, buy a big one...

i think we traded stuff for the medium rucks...they do make nice getaway bags...