PDA

View Full Version : footwear

Dustin03
02-21-2005, 00:59
I tried searching and all i could find for SFAS was "2 pr. issue or jungle boots" Well being a prior service guy who lost everything uniform wise when i left the air force, i have no such types of boots that are in great shape. I have a set of hand me down wornout boots and uniform from my brother who didnt need then cause he is in the desert right now, but will need them back when he gets off his deployment.

What are the regs on the types of footwear authorized at SFAS? If im going to go buy everything (i have a feeling i will have to cuz i doubt my uniforms and everything will be in my unit by the time im ready to leave) then i want to get the best. Any suggestions? Right now im looking at these pro-meds on rangerjoes.com.

The Reaper
02-21-2005, 08:48
I tried searching and all i could find for SFAS was "2 pr. issue or jungle boots" Well being a prior service guy who lost everything uniform wise when i left the air force, i have no such types of boots that are in great shape. I have a set of hand me down wornout boots and uniform from my brother who didnt need then cause he is in the desert right now, but will need them back when he gets off his deployment.

What are the regs on the types of footwear authorized at SFAS? If im going to go buy everything (i have a feeling i will have to cuz i doubt my uniforms and everything will be in my unit by the time im ready to leave) then i want to get the best. Any suggestions? Right now im looking at these pro-meds on rangerjoes.com.

Dustin:

Use the Search button.

This issue has been flogged to death here and elsewhere.

Have a very SF day.

TR

Razor
02-21-2005, 10:35
Additionally, if you're coming into the Army, you'll be required to maintain all the items listed for the clothing bag, which will include the uniform items you're required to bring to SFAS. Might as well get them now.

Dustin03
02-21-2005, 19:23
Additionally, if you're coming into the Army, you'll be required to maintain all the items listed for the clothing bag, which will include the uniform items you're required to bring to SFAS. Might as well get them now.

so i should head down to the army-navy store and pick up some old ones for SFAS? Ya gotta hate the way the guard moves so slow.

Sorry to rehash old beaten down material, next time i'll search twice as hard.

Archangel
02-23-2005, 10:12
so i should head down to the army-navy store and pick up some old ones for SFAS? Ya gotta hate the way the guard moves so slow.

Sorry to rehash old beaten down material, next time i'll search twice as hard.Did the 20th not issue you any uniforms, boots & equipment?

How long have you been with them?

18C4V
02-23-2005, 15:53

Sorry to rehash old beaten down material, next time i'll search twice as hard.

Don't go out and buy new stuff. You'll just rip them up at SFAS. Talk to your supply sgt, he should have a bunch of DXed uniforms which I'm sure you can borrow for SFAS. The only thing you should buy is your boots (use the seach button for the thread on boots) If your unit is telling you to buy all that stuff, then you should:

1) delay your class date or transfer to another unit.

Dustin03
02-24-2005, 15:26
Did the 20th not issue you any uniforms, boots & equipment?

How long have you been with them?

about to be 5 months. aperently they say something about battalion not giving a hard time about stuff. im not the only guy, this one guy who came in about a month after i did has a set of bdu's from his marine days and that's all he has. i just dont want it to be a problem with not having the right stuff soon cause i am ready to go NOW. :lifter

i wasnt gonna go burn up $$ on new stuff, just make a stop by joe blow's surplus store to see how cheap their stuff is.