PDA

View Full Version : Q-Course Question

rodney.goudy
02-17-2005, 18:14
I know i should not listen to people that are not in group BUT I had a fellow NCO tell me today that SSG'S, SFC'S and CPT'S that go through Q-Course only got one chance if they recieve 1 no-go they are gone. could somebody please tell me the correct information so i can set this guy straight. I am looking forward to SFAS starting April 25. Thank you for any helpfull Info.

Petelink
02-20-2005, 17:02
I know several SSGs who have recycled one or more phases. Don't know any CPTs or SFCs personally that have no-goed, but I would doubt there is such a blanket policy. There are very few absolutes when it comes to who gets recycled vs. NTRed. Basically if you have a good reputation and paper trail to prove it you will be recycled. If you're a shitbag you'd better stay gray.

NousDefionsDoc
02-20-2005, 17:15
What difference does it make. Just go and do your best. If it's good enough, you'll go to the next phase. If not, somebody will tell you where to report for cook school.

Is this fellow NCO a green hat? If not, why the hell are you talking to him?

Jesus, haven't even started yet and want to know how many times you can fail?

ONE! ONE! You get one chance and if you fook it up, we kill you and bury your worthless body in the grease pit behind the messhall. If you have a puppy, we kill it too.

Now go do PT.

rodney.goudy
02-21-2005, 07:50
thanks for the input and just for the record I am not worried about failing I KNOW I will make it . I just hate people that think they know what they are talking about when they actually have no Idea...anyway thanks again I am off to do more PT and yet another ruck.... :lifter

mffjm8509
02-21-2005, 10:43
[QUOTE=NousDefionsDoc]

ONE! ONE! You get one chance and if you fook it up, we kill you and bury your worthless body in the grease pit behind the messhall. If you have a puppy, we kill it too.

QUOTE]

Accually we dump the bodies in a small depression along "water can road".

mp

lksteve
02-21-2005, 17:54
Now go do PT.

one event at a time...the Q course is a process...in my experience, patience is shown where it is warranted...the guys that worry about right now seem to do better than the guys who worry about "what happens if..."

but what do i know? i took my shot and made it...

gee, NDD....you too...the Bowflex is sitting there, staring at me...

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-22-2005, 06:35
I cannot talk about what happens today, but when I was involved with the program every case was reviewed and all circumstances were considered. There are some things that used to get you booted without any question but if it is a matter of mastering a skill set and you have shown the apptitude you had the opportunity to get recycled or retested. Depending on who you talk to and when they went thru the program or were part of the program you are going to hear all sorts of tales and opinions. Historical references are not of any value to you as far as the course goes other than to realize that we are not producing corn flakes and you will only get thru this by giving it your best shot and ensuring that you have done all you can in preparing yourself to meet the challenges. There are no magic bullets, special potions, religious incantations, or amulets-just hard work. I would suggest you stop concerning yourself about what might happen and get on with maintaining your focus to do the best that you can do.

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
03-10-2005, 19:56
There are no magic bullets, special potions, religious incantations, or amulets-just hard work.

Going to tell me the 'Yards never gave you a blessing sir? Or you never had the local monk wave the smoke over the CAR 15 barrel? :munchin

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-11-2005, 06:46
Going to tell me the 'Yards never gave you a blessing sir? Or you never had the local monk wave the smoke over the CAR 15 barrel? :munchin

Now I am not going to say that no one every muttered an oath or two concerning what I did or did not do. However, even though the words used might have had a religious connotation in another context I am sure that they were not blessings per se.

I will admit that I have been protected by my little people from the lightning god during a ceremony where the village chief adorned me with a magic necklace (see picture), but after that they continued to give me brass bracelets which sort of made me a lightning rod. Now that sort of points up the fact that black magic and science are probably not related, but I was never struck by lightning.

On the other hand I have also been protected from dragon snakes, the neiche, and some lesser deities but there has never been any protection from self inflicted idiocy as many can attest to whenever they crossed their team sergeant.

Of course while certainly not monks, I have had an awful lot of great soldiers looking out for me over my years which has certainly been a blessing. Even today their are some SGMs who feel that they hold a hand receipt on me check to make sure I am not out of control from time to time, and that is a mixed blessing because I cannot get away with much :)

Jack Moroney

Gandhi
03-11-2005, 06:49
What difference does it make. Just go and do your best. If it's good enough, you'll go to the next phase. If not, somebody will tell you where to report for cook school.

Is this fellow NCO a green hat? If not, why the hell are you talking to him?

Jesus, haven't even started yet and want to know how many times you can fail?

Now go do PT.

omg this had me rolling on the floor. Well not really but damn close.

Pete
03-11-2005, 06:58
omg this had me rolling on the floor. Well not really but damn close.

That was not said to make you roll on the floor. That was said to you to try and bring focus.

You need to get out there and do six miles at a real fast pace. The whole time tinking about what you said, who you said it to and why.

Pete

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-11-2005, 07:03
You need to get out there and do six miles at a real fast pace. The whole time tinking about what you said, who you said it to and why.

Pete

And when you get back, put yourself in a front leaning rest position and stay there until NDD contacts you to commence knocking out some push-ups. Don't try to fudge on this, he will know if you are following instructions. He is a medic and knows things.

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
03-11-2005, 07:09
Even today their are some SGMs who feel that they hold a hand receipt on me check to make sure I am not out of control from time to time
LOL , I am thinking of one name in particular....

Well said Pete. Thanks. Have I told you guys how glad I am you are here?

Gandhi
03-11-2005, 07:15
Ya I just got a "freindly" message of personal guidence on this whole situation, wish I would have read it before I posted... just want to say my bad and I'm glad I'm at least a good runner, so I guess I'll be getting off the comp now...

7624U
05-25-2007, 08:26
I cannot talk about what happens today, but when I was involved with the program every case was reviewed and all circumstances were considered. There are some things that used to get you booted without any question but if it is a matter of mastering a skill set and you have shown the apptitude you had the opportunity to get recycled or retested. Depending on who you talk to and when they went thru the program or were part of the program you are going to hear all sorts of tales and opinions. Historical references are not of any value to you as far as the course goes other than to realize that we are not producing corn flakes and you will only get thru this by giving it your best shot and ensuring that you have done all you can in preparing yourself to meet the challenges. There are no magic bullets, special potions, religious incantations, or amulets-just hard work. I would suggest you stop concerning yourself about what might happen and get on with maintaining your focus to do the best that you can do.

Jack Moroney

Still the same today Sir, we look at every aspect and alot is peer evaluations, what did the other students, say about this guy, Command will also want to know,What the cadre feel about you!!! they will read all my statement's and Bullet comment's as we progress threw the course in your packet.... you have 3 formal couseling blocks during Phase II.... by the end you will know your weakness and what if anything you need to improve on. That and you sign them stateing you agree or disagree:D ...
But In the end it's up to the BN commander if he want's to let you recycle.
Be a Man at your Board if it comes to that and don't cry like so many do. We dont care about your feelings just your preformance...

Thought I would raise this post from the grave to keep students current...