PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 11:44
It’s been a while since I’ve been here or seen some of you so I just wanted to say,
“Hey There”
:)

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2005, 11:48
Hey

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 12:45
Hey Steve, tell us a story! :munchin

QRQ 30
02-15-2005, 13:04
Hey

Are you from NC/SC territory? Being originally from CA it took a long time for me to realize the signicance of "Hey". :D

I remembered back to a time I was in Scotland. A man kept asking me what the "tame" was. I didn't understand until he pointed to my watch. Lo and behold! he meant "Time". It was merely the Scotish brogue. There is a high concentration of Scots in SC/NC and the word "Hey" started out as a scotish brogue of saying the word "Hi!".
That's my story and I'm stickig to it being third generation Scot. ;)

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 13:16
Hey Steve, tell us a story! :munchin
About who?
Do you want it rated “G” or “XXX”? :p

Pete
02-15-2005, 13:20
Are you from NC/SC territory? Being originally from CA it took a long time for me to realize the signicance of "Hey"

A lot of people take that "Hey" the wrong way when a person is typing on the net.

As T. said for all you non-Carolina boys out there it's a soft "Hey Bob" as in "Hello Bob"

The only true Bar-B-Que is pulled pork with vinegar based sauce. Hush puppies and slaw on the side.

Have a good Carolina Day.

Pete

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 13:21
About who?
Do you want it rated “G” or “XXX”? :p

A funny "No sh**, there I was story" of course. Because of the professionalism here I'll leave the second question to your discretion. :D

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2005, 13:24
Are you from NC/SC territory?

Nope. Born in Philly, raised in AZ and have lived in CA since 1986.

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2005, 13:28
The only true Bar-B-Que is pulled pork with vinegar based sauce. Hush puppies and slaw on the side.

Not sure it is the "only true" BBQ, but I had the chance to try this a while back and boy was it good!

vsvo
02-15-2005, 14:08

I'll second that! Learned that a couple of years ago. Much better than the ketchup/brown sugar/molasses concoction that passes for "BBQ" around here.

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 14:17
A funny "No sh**, there I was story" of course. Because of the professionalism here I'll leave the second question to your discretion. :D
Ok here’s a never told true story.
No shit there I was USMC S/S School 1985. We had a field exercise prier to graduating.
We were given this the night before and the mission would start the following night and end 12hrs later at day break.
The OpOrder highlights.
Obj. the 1000 meter tower at the KD ranges.
Us, 2 man Sniper team
STA Plts will be out there looking for you.
You will insert by truck at 123456 (Which gave us a 9km movement) but if the gate to the range was still locked you’ll be dropped off at 987654 (Which gave us a 2km movement) (Wheels turning on that point). At either drop off we’d have to go around a waterway inlet (Definite danger area surely the STA guys would be there).
So the plan just came to me like a bolt of lightning and at the time my Sniper buddy just looked at me with an “Oh shit” face.

To be continued got to work now.

PETE
It’s true
minus the hush puppies

Roguish Lawyer
02-15-2005, 14:22
minus the hush puppies

NO! The hush puppies are key.

The Reaper
02-15-2005, 14:41

Have a good Carolina Day.

Pete

AMEN!

None of that catsup blasphemy from those non-believers in the West.

TR

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 17:45
NO! The hush puppies are key.
Hush puppies are just nasty bread.

OK.
The plan was pretty strait forward and we didn’t have to give an OpOrder or anything so it went pretty much like “The gate must stay closed and we can’t hit the danger area”.
Mission day. We had our POVs there so at lunch I snuck out to the PX and bought a inflatable boat the kind for kids about 6’x3’ with plastic oars and a pump for $12 and on the way back I stopped by “The Gate” and put Shoe-Goo (The do everything stuff for Snipers) into the key hole. It was still locked so all was as planned. We load up in the trucks and go. At our drop off point the gate was still closed go figure. We get out all happy and started our mission. We were to cross the inlet at a wider point where the STA guys would hopefully not be, so we get to the crossing point with no contact but we’re both Rangers and almost S/Ss so we’re stealty no big deal. We breakout the pump and inflate the boat standing on this bank with only about a 500 meter crossing ahead of us at this point my Sniper buddy starts to express reservations about my idea (Basically cussing me up and down), at that point my mission changed from the tower to fucking with this guy as much as possible. So we put our rucks with not much in them in the middle and I start to see that the boat isn’t really as big as it appeared in the photos, he straddles the front and me in the back, now it looked really small (He was still cussing me). We start across the boat was barely out of the water at one point I remembering looking down and seeing water coming out of the boat into the inlet and my buddy was on a roll at this point. Just after we stared across a Civilian boat goes by with a spot light shining on the banks but they don’t see us, my buddy says “what are they doing?” (We were at Camp Lejeune and they had watch out for alligator’s signs on all the rivers and water but I never saw one, he was from WV. I was from Miami and I swam with them before so I really wasn’t all that concerned but knew he was) I said “They’re poaching alligators and if they see us they’ll probably shoot us”. He went ballistic on me and I was trying not to laugh. He was searching all over for gators form that point on. We get to the other side and deflate the boat while he kept telling me I was an idiot. We came up from behind the ranges and no one goes back there so it was the most god awful crap of bushes I ever been in and day break was coming up. We get about 200 meters from the target mounds and started to hear the crack of bullets over us, bad planning on the schools part a Battalion of Marines started using the ranges. We haul ass to the side of the range thinking we can’t get compromised from anyone and we get about 25 meters from the street in front of the ranges which we had to cross and there were Marines everywhere we sat there thinking now what, then a Company in formation goes by and we run out as they pass and get behind them like we belong, they go by the tower and we cut into the tree line. We make it to our shooting position over looking the tower thinking “I can’t believe we made it”. About 10 minutes later we get radioed “Mission over come in”. We were right by the school so we get there and ask if anyone got compromised, all negative then the instructors tell us it was all BS about the STA Plts. We all graduate and go home.
My Sniper buddy was in A1/75 with me and always brought up the boat thing. I got out and he went to the Super Friends, about 8 years later I was up at Bragg and saw him and the first thing out of his mouth was “I’ll never forgive you about that fucking boat idea”.

I had the boat in my attic and sent it to him after that. I’m sure he burnt it.

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 18:18
LMAO now that's what I'm talking about, that's awesome Steve...almost better than an XXX rated. :p I bet he saved that boat...you'll probably get it back for a present on your 75th birthday or something.

That BBQ pic is making me hungry...

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 18:40
you'll probably get it back for a present on your 75th birthday or something.
I have to wait 54 years to get it back?

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 18:50
Not if you write up an OPORD and go liberate it. :D

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 18:57
Not if you write up an OPORD and go liberate it. :D
Sounds good and I have another great idea.
Are you in?

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 18:59
Oh sure I'm always looking for an adventure...

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 19:04
I want to know where my SF buddy is.
Come out I promise I won’t make fun of you in front of your friends. :p

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 19:13
Not copying...

Steve1/75
02-15-2005, 19:16
Not copying...
NousDefionsDoc
He really likes me for some reason. :p

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 19:23
NousDefionsDoc
He really likes me for some reason. :p

LOL well you're a likeable guy. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.... :D

Gypsy
02-15-2005, 19:40
Sounds good and I have another great idea.
Are you in?

So? :munchin

Martinez
02-16-2005, 08:58
Hey Steve. Right back at ya.

I'm from Texas and we always say "Hey." I never gave it much thought though. That's quite interesting information QRQ.

Bar-be-cue is BEEF BRISKET... SLICED. Don't forget the side of Texas Toast. (Ok TR, stop throwing stuff at me... ducking for cover...) I never heard of pig barbecue till I moved to NC.

Jennifer sends