PDA

View Full Version : OOPS!--Son Shoots Dad After Mistaking Parents' Sex For Abuse

QRQ 30
02-14-2005, 11:21
Son Shoots Dad After Mistaking Parents' Sex For Abuse
Boy, 16, Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon

UPDATED: 10:18 am EST February 14, 2005

HOUSTON -- A 16-year-old boy was charged with shooting his father in their Harris County, Texas, home Friday.

The shooting was originally reported as a case of domestic abuse, but deputies said the boy apparently witnessed a sexual act between his parents and thought the father was abusing the mother.
Video

Sgt: Kids Interpret Mother's Noise During Sex As Cry for Help
Officials Arrest Teen For Shooting Father
Download RealPlayer

Sheriff's deputies charged the boy with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a first-degree felony.

Detectives said the mother and father were engaged in consensual sex when the shooting occurred at about 3:30 a.m. inside the family's home. Investigators said the couple's 11-year-old son woke up to his mother making loud noises.

"During the course of love making, the wife was evidently being somewhat loud … loud enough to where it woke the children up," Harris County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Mike Smith said.

The boy woke his brother, who then walked into his parent's bedroom and told his father, 43-year-old Jacob Hughes, to leave his mother alone. Officials said that is when the teen shot his father in the arm.

Detectives originally said that the son said he fired the gun as a way of defending his mother during an argument he thought she was having with his father.

"The children interpreted the noise as their mother being in danger," Smith said. "The 11-year-old went into the room, forcibly went into the room, to protect his mother. (The child) observed his parents making love and got the 16-year-old. The 16-year-old came back in and fired the shot."

After investigating previous problems at the home, officials said there have been previous reports of abuse in the family and that father had been charged and convicted of domestic violence. Officials said the children feared their mother was being hurt due to their father's previous convictions for abuse and that is the reason the oldest son shot his father.

Authorities said they have not determined whether the mother was screaming for help.

"That is a very important question. I can see why you are asking that. We are trying to work that out right now. We are trying to decide if it was a passionate scream or was it a cry for help," Smith said.

Hughes was transported to a hospital to be treated for his injuries. He was released late Friday morning.

Officials said the couple has been married for 20 years.

Sacamuelas
02-14-2005, 11:39
Sounds like the scumbag should already have been shot prior to this incident. To bad the kid wasn't a better aim. Poor freakin kids growing up in constantly violent house like that... :(

Roguish Lawyer
02-14-2005, 11:42
Lmao

SupportSoldier
02-14-2005, 13:13
rolling on the floor LMAO for real!

RAT
02-14-2005, 15:07
Why are these people from my home town..... NousDefionsDoc they must be from your side of the tracks. :D:D:D

Just kidding...

RAT OUT!!!

18C4V
02-14-2005, 17:17
Only in TX :D

jatx
02-14-2005, 17:23
Only in TX :D

Which - the emotive women, or the gun-toting kids? :p

NousDefionsDoc
02-14-2005, 19:18
That story is bullshit. They're hiding something.

QRQ 30
02-14-2005, 19:37
The Gag?? :D

NousDefionsDoc
02-14-2005, 19:48
LOL - I'll bet what happened was he was absuing her and the kid shot him for it, then the bastard convinced them if they didn't lie about it, they would put the kid in jail for a long time. I never met a 16 year-old that would mistake sex for anything.

Kyobanim
02-14-2005, 20:00

Actually, they were trying to hide something. :D

Was it good for you, baby?

LMFAO!

Smokin Joe
02-15-2005, 02:40

I couldn't agree more. The Father was probably beating the crap out of her. But because of his prior convictions dip-shit knows he will go to the can unless she gives the cops a REAL good story. So because "I love him, he didn't mean to beat me, or its my fault he beat me not his....I should know better, blah, blah, blah." She decides to fry her son. Bitch!

It is a real shame the kid missed. Then the prick wouldn't be around to manipulate the truth.

QRQ 30
02-15-2005, 06:46
I couldn't agree more. The Father was probably beating the crap out of her. But because of his prior convictions dip-shit knows he will go to the can unless she gives the cops a REAL good story. So because "I love him, he didn't mean to beat me, or its my fault he beat me not his....I should know better, blah, blah, blah." She decides to fry her son. Bitch!

It is a real shame the kid missed. Then the prick wouldn't be around to manipulate the truth.

It could be. I misread the article and thought the boy was 11. It was meant to be humourous. It wouldn't be the first time a child entered into his parent's bedroom and misunderstood wnat he saw.

What I find more interesting now is the free condemnation and name calling of the people who don't have the slightest first hand knowledge of the subjects

Smokin Joe
02-15-2005, 07:08
It could be. I misread the article and thought the boy was 11. It was meant to be humourous. It wouldn't be the first time a child entered into his parent's bedroom and misunderstood wnat he saw.

What I find more interesting now is the free condemnation and name calling of the people who don't have the slightest first hand knowledge of the subjects

Your right I don't know any of the player's my bad, I guess I'm just a little jaded but my previous post is consistant with what I see all the time. :cool:

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 07:10
Unlike Smokin' Joe ... I completely and totally stand by my assessment that this clown was a "scumbag" and should have been shot in the past. :munchin

Pete
02-15-2005, 07:24
The Gag?? :D

The Love Cuffs? The fur lined ones, maybe?

QRQ 30
02-15-2005, 07:31
I always misinterpret your posts when I read them... so I will ask before I waste my time replying. Was the above aimed at me for calling the father a scumbag? :munchin

Nope!! Believe me, I don't hide behind a keyboard. If I have a bone to pick with a particular individual I will do so by name.

I used to watch a TV show (CRS the name) with Daniel J. Travante. At the end of his briefing the desk sgt always said: "And be careful out there>" There was an undercover cop who always had names for his perps. I watched the show as much to hear the names as anything else, boar breath. That was humorous. I was once written up because a customer heard me call one of my associates "Ding bat". It was just a common term I used for all employees and not judgemental. What I see today is far advanced. It seems that to be proficient on some of the forums on the WWW one needs to attend a course in advanced name calling. :boohoo

Smokin Joe
02-15-2005, 07:48
Unlike Smokin' Joe ... I completely and totally stand by my assessment that this clown was a "scumbag" and should have been shot in the past. :munchin

Oh, I still think he should have been shot if not for this incident then the prior one where he was convicted. It takes ALOT now days for a person to be convicted of Domestic Violence due to victims flip flopping there statements. And rarely does a wife beater change there ways.

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 07:51
QRQ30-
Absolutely. I did not see your quotation of Joe's post when I posted that first response that you have quoted above. When I reread it, I saw you had focused on Joe's comments.

Therefore, that is why I had edited my original. I thought you had a soft spot for convicted wife beater's being called names. :D

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 07:55
Oh, I still think he should have been shot if not for this incident then the prior one where he was convicted. It takes ALOT now days for a person to be convicted of Domestic Violence due to victims flip flopping there statements. And rarely does a wife beater change there ways.

I know Joe... you was jus bein all nice an stuff. LOL

QRQ 30
02-15-2005, 07:58

The only thing I would disagree with is the term wife beater. When it comes to domestic violence, women are more often than not the abusers. It is even harder to correct this situation since what man is willing to admit he is beat by his wife. One of my sons was in such a situation and finally bailed out after 10 years. Nancy would beat the shit out of him then cfall the cops on him. :mad:

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 08:10
One of my sons was in such a situation and finally bailed out...
Sorry to hear that, but Good for him QRQ30.

Note- I consider Nancy to be a 100% scumbag too. She should be shot too.

Guy
02-15-2005, 08:17
Note- I consider Nancy to be a 100% scumbag too. She should be shot too.

Did you ever take a Psyche-Eval?

I don't think you could pass one...LMMFAO!

The Reaper
02-15-2005, 08:39
I used to watch a TV show (CRS the name) with Daniel J. Travante. At the end of his briefing the desk sgt always said: "And be careful out there>" There was an undercover cop who always had names for his perps. I watched the show as much to hear the names as anything else, boar breath. That was humorous.

"Hill Street Blues".

TR

Smokin Joe
02-15-2005, 08:59
The only thing I would disagree with is the term wife beater. When it comes to domestic violence, women are more often than not the abusers. It is even harder to correct this situation since what man is willing to admit he is beat by his wife. One of my sons was in such a situation and finally bailed out after 10 years. Nancy would beat the shit out of him then cfall the cops on him. :mad:

Sorry to hear that Terry. I know the system gets manipulated alot by women. However, you don't get convicted just on allegations, there has to be evidence. What I see day in and day out are guys who beat the dog snot out of there wife's and the wife's just take it and refuse to provide a statement or testify in court.

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 09:27
Did you ever take a Psyche-Eval?

I don't think you could pass one...LMMFAO!

According to the book- you are wrong about me. :D It's right there in black and white.

Guy
02-15-2005, 10:05
According to the book- you are wrong about me. :D It's right there in black and white.

The damn cover is in yellow and red. :eek: :D

Sacamuelas
02-15-2005, 10:08
DAMMIT you too???!!!! See the other thread on valentines concerning my opinion on color, style details. ;) :D LOL

Better?

HUMBLE
02-15-2005, 11:31
Why are these people from my home town.....

RAT OUT!!!

I could say something here, but I won't! :D

Funny story.

QRQ 30
02-15-2005, 11:37
Folks: I am going to start a new thread on the subject of abuse/bullying. It is a subject I feel strongly about and we seem to have a good start here. :munchin

CRad
02-15-2005, 12:01
The sequence of events is interesting. The 11 year old goes in the room, leaves the room, wakes his brother who gets a gun (and you have to wonder where that was stowed) then both boys go back into the bedroom. This entire time the parents are still having sex and the mother is still making noises and neither one has noticed their children are getting involved?

I'm with NDD and Joe. Somebody's lying.