PDA

View Full Version : Eason Jordan Resigns.

lrd
02-12-2005, 06:24
I don't know if you all have been following the story about Eason Jordan's remarks at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Jan. 27.

He has resigned his position at CNN instead of demanding the release of the video with his remarks.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050211/ap_en_tv/tv_cnn_jordan_2

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-12-2005, 06:52
No tears here. Unfortunately there will no doubt be a bunch of folks that thinkthe Bush Administration put the pressure on CNN to cut him lose to cover up the truth. What I also find frustrating about this whole deal is that there have been a number of instances that I know of where reporters have put service folk in harms way but no one in the media gets too upset about that.

Jack Moroney

Bill Harsey
02-12-2005, 08:32
Have any bad guys used a video and a notepad to claim being a journalist?

no opsec violations please.

That would be a great cover, you even get to gather intel on tape while standing in the open during broad daylight and being "protected".

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-12-2005, 10:27
There are prohibited uses of professions as cover. As I recall journalists, clergy, red-cross workers are some. Of course, as we would be the only ones to follow such guide lines we are basically screwed. Of course to call anyone from CNN and some of the other media outlets journalists is like calling Jeffery Dahlmer a gourmet.

Jack Moroney

Gypsy
02-12-2005, 11:14
Nice try at a back peddle you moron. And good riddance to another oxygen thief.

Bill Harsey
02-12-2005, 17:18
Nice try at a back peddle you moron. And good riddance to another oxygen thief.
Gypsy, Was that for me or Jack? :D

Gypsy
02-12-2005, 17:33
YIKES! LOL...neither Mr. Harsey, it's all for that "great American" Eason Jordan.

Kyobanim
02-12-2005, 17:53
Gypsy, Was that for me or Jack? :D

You just can't win for losing, huh Bill? :D

Bill Harsey
02-12-2005, 18:05
You just can't win for losing, huh Bill? :D
Not around here, not today...

Martinez
02-12-2005, 18:15
The cowardly bastard! What a total piece of shit he (jordan) is. Punk ass bitch. I'm glad he resigned and I hope nothing good in life comes to him for as long as he shall live. How dare he speak such filth about our Servicemen.

The media is, for the most part, in my opinion, on the side of the enemy because they sure as hell are not for America.

Jennifer sends

Gypsy
02-12-2005, 18:23
Not around here, not today...

Well then when I get out there I'll come bearing gifts of indigenous Chicago goodies, that should more than make up for things. :lifter

Bill Harsey
02-12-2005, 20:58
Very cool, this will be fun.

Bravo1-3
02-13-2005, 01:55
Have any bad guys used a video and a notepad to claim being a journalist?

no opsec violations please.

That would be a great cover, you even get to gather intel on tape while standing in the open during broad daylight and being "protected".

I don't know the exact time frame, but closer to the begining of this thing (maybe a year and a half ago about when the donkey cart was used as a rocket launcher), there was an incident where some insurgents used "PRESS" jackets to fire on a group of Marines. The Marines ended up detaining some legit press members in the confusion.

I'm suprised they haven't done it more often.

Martin
02-13-2005, 02:00
I don't know the exact time frame, but closer to the begining of this thing (maybe a year and a half ago about when the donkey cart was used as a rocket launcher), there was an incident where some insurgents used "PRESS" jackets to fire on a group of Marines. The Marines ended up detaining some legit press members in the confusion.

I'm suprised they haven't done it more often.

They most likely are getting better and more sympathetic coverage by the media if they don't.

Huey14
02-13-2005, 03:49
The media is, for the most part, in my opinion, on the side of the enemy because they sure as hell are not for America.

Jennifer sends

A lot of them are multi nationals- they arn't in it for anyone except dead Presidents.

Goggles Pizano
02-13-2005, 08:13
The cowardly bastard! What a total piece of shit he (jordan) is. Punk ass bitch. I'm glad he resigned and I hope nothing good in life comes to him for as long as he shall live. How dare he speak such filth about our Servicemen.

Jennifer sends

No, NO! Don't hold it in, let that opinion flooooooow! Feels good huh?! :D

Martinez
02-13-2005, 08:54
Um yeah!

Jennifer sends

Airbornelawyer
02-14-2005, 19:33
Reporters Without Borders identifies 32 journalists killed in Iraq as a result of military action or acts of terrorism since March 2003 (this number does not include some staffers, drivers, bodyguards and the like, which bring the number closer to about 50).

Of these, one was an American, the very patriotic and much-missed Michael Kelly of the Washington Post and the Atlantic, embedded with 3ID. The rest were sixteen Iraqis, two Japanese, two Palestinians, one Italian, one Pole, one Polish-Algerian, two Spaniards, a Ukrainian, a Jordanian, a German, an Iranian, a Brit and an Australian.

Of these journalists, eight - Dhia Najim, Mazen al-Tomaizi, Ali Al-Khatib, Ali Abdel Aziz, Mazen Dana, José Couso, Taras Protsyuk and Tarek Ayoub - were killed by US forces. Three - Assad Kadhim, Bourhan Mohammad al-Louhaybi and Terry Lloyd - may have been killed by US or UK forces, but the circumstances are unclear. One, Hossam Ali, also died in murky circumstances.

The other 20 died as a result of Iraqi military action or acts of terrorism. They were Abdel Hussein Khazaal, Liqaa Abdul-Razzaq, Karam Hussein, Dina Mohamad Hassan, Ahmad Jassem, Enzo Baldoni, Mahmoud Hamid Abbas, Sahar Saad Eddine Nouami, Kotaro Ogawa, Shinsuke Hashida, Waldemar Milewicz, Mounir Bouamrane, Nadia Nasrat, Ahmed Shawkat, Ahmad Karim, Christian Liebig, Julio Anguita Parrado, Michael Kelly, Kaveh Golestan and Paul Moran.

Many of these, worked for US-supported media and were specifically targeted because they were viewed by the terrorists as tools of the American occupation.

Remember them, not the Eason Jordans and Dan Rathers of the world.

Bravo1-3
02-14-2005, 22:10
I never meant to imply U.S. forces acted with ill intent when U.S. forces accidentally killed journalists...

And this is 100% true. He didn't mean to IMPLY anything, he stated it very clearly.

Fuck him. This is the same guy who admitted that his network was not reporting negative stories about Saddam because they were afraid they'd be kicked out of the country. Basically saying that they'd rather report fiction than report nothing.

Maybe Jordan, Rather and Mapes can get together and start the Joseph Goebels School for Ethics in Journalism or something.

Martinez
02-15-2005, 07:32
And this is 100% true. He didn't mean to IMPLY anything, he stated it very clearly.

roger that, what a fuckin asshat. Only the sheeple believe this type of BS, problem is, there's more of them than us.

Jennifer sends

504PIR
02-15-2005, 09:03
Well when we see any reporter or Al Jazzira on the streets of Baghdad, the hair on the back of my neck rises. Have never been hit with Al Jazzire around, but they do seem to be around when bad things happen.

About the only reporters we welcomed with open arms was the guys from Soldiers of Fortune(or fiction sometimes). In Panama they showed up some patches, stickers and most importantly dip & chew..... Spent the day with us and went home with their story(minus ALL the tobacoco products).

Also I have found in any 3rd world dispute, many in the press, think press card or TV duct-taped was license to go anywere they want. Also from protecting many in the CPA's Stratcom(PAO) office...many media types don't think anything bad can happen to them.

I guess my point is there are some good reporters out there, many fools and some I would love to put in the crosshairs. Its a just my .02

Back to lurking

Martinez
02-15-2005, 09:14
I guess my point is there are some good reporters out there, many fools and some I would love to put in the crosshairs. Its a just my .02

I would say that's correct. As in any group there are some good, some bad... I have no patience with journos because it seems to me, from sitting here on the homefront, that they for the most part report negatively where our forces are concerned. It also seems to me that much of the main stream media "news broadcasts" are set up to wear down the support of the public and at the same time embolden the enemy. That tactic was used during the war in SEA and frankly, I think it sucks.

504, stay in the treeline, check your six and keep your powder dry. Thank you for your service.

Jennifer sends

CRad
02-15-2005, 11:39
I don't know if you all have been following the story about Eason Jordan's remarks at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Jan. 27.

He has resigned his position at CNN instead of demanding the release of the video with his remarks.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050211/ap_en_tv/tv_cnn_jordan_2

It was a guy from Broward county who posted a blog about Jordan's remarks. Of course he resigned rather than ask for the video to be released. All it would prove is that he said it and likely he'd come off sounding worse than what has already been printed. Chris Shays and Barney Franks were in the audience as well as the guy from Broward Co.

Here's a link from the Miami Herald. http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/columnists/glenn_garvin/10860903.htm

lrd
05-20-2005, 16:44
It doesn't look like Linda Foley, President of the Newspaper Guild, learned anything from Eason Jordon's experience.

The transcript:

http://thedustyattic.blogspot.com/2005/05/more-of-linda-foleys-talk.html

and the video:

http://treyjackson.typepad.com/junction/2005/05/video_linda_fol.html

and a great response from a soldier's wife:

http://thedustyattic.blogspot.com/2005/05/more-of-linda-foleys-talk.html

lrd
05-27-2005, 11:30
It doesn't look like Linda Foley, President of the Newspaper Guild, learned anything from Eason Jordon's experience.

May 27, 2005, 7:59 a.m.
Our Spoiled and Unhappy Global Elites: From hypocrisy to tedium.

Victor Davis Hanson responds: http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200505270759.asp