Roguish Lawyer
02-08-2005, 14:48
Nice. Thanks.

Perhaps this will trigger some story-telling . . . :munchin

CPTAUSRET
02-08-2005, 14:54
Ouch!

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/617/

Ouch is right. That last one had to leave a mark!

Sdiver
02-08-2005, 15:15
I wonder if that fork lift ever stopped rolling ?

Don't you think, before they strapped it on the palate, someone would have engaged the E brake ??

Kyobanim
02-08-2005, 17:06
Ouch is right. That last one had to leave a mark!

Turn up your volume and you can here him hit the truck and all the groans from the audiance.

504PIR
02-08-2005, 18:07
Aw the memories....Heavy Drop there is a reason why that went first, then the troopies....

Gonna get a beer and watch that again..LMAO

Reminds of watching a JM leaning out....and falling out while approaching Sicily. LOL

lksteve
02-08-2005, 18:10
one of the worst details a guy could get in the 82nd was LAPES/Heavy Drop recovery...spent the better part of a day trying to dig a 105mm Howitzer out of the sand on Sicily Drop Zone after main chute failure...

it's a lot funnier to see when your bar-hopping is not directly impaired by those disasters...

Pete
02-08-2005, 18:48
We did a joint jig with the 82nd one year down at Ft Stuart, GA. during one of the old Bold Eagle FTXs Our team was doing a Recon job for about 10 days before a battalion (+) jumped in. It was funny as shit, a pallet load of C-rations burned in and it looked just like a nuclear explosion. The pallot hit the ground, kinda' compressed a bit and then bounced back up into the air and spread out like a mushroom cloud.

The bad part about that operation (one of the bad parts) was that we were not informed they were preping the DZ for the 82nd the night we jumped in. It was dark as shit when we jumped in and I about walked into a D-7 in the dark, As we got together everybody said they noted some piece of heavy equipment. When the sun came up we saw the DZ was covered with the big stuff. We were allways a lucky team and that night our luck was good again.

Pete

504PIR
02-09-2005, 08:30
FYI If you go down the street to the 82nd's Musuem, the M551 Sheridan on display in the back has an interesting history. On the heavy drop in Panama its the one that had a chute failure. Missed the airport, burned in up to its turret in the swamp (I want to say east side of DZ, but my Alzehimers is actting up).

The "hooahs" from 3-73rd Armor, stripped that baby for parts, to keep the rest of those 30 + year old armored vehicles going.

Bill Harsey
02-09-2005, 08:55
That "sky rigging" looks a little tricky.

Is this done by percentages, drop enough stuff and some of it might be useable?