PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Afghan Allies

RedLegGI
08-30-2021, 11:46
Quiet Professionals,

Let me preface this by saying I know everything is a mess and quickly deteriorating. Also, that I do not personally know this person, but I do know of him.

I run a non-profit dedicated to educating the public about the American Servicemember's experiences during the GWOT. A few weeks back an Afghan messaged my Facebook Page, asking if I could help him get in contact with a Special Forces Officer he worked with in Afghanistan. As it turned out, I had previously read about both the officer, as well as this man's family (American Spartan and One Tribe at a Time). He then provided some non-public information and pictures showing he indeed was who he said he was. I then linked him up with the officer's wife, and continued conversing with him as he went through the SIV process.

The long story short is that he is still stuck there, and is running out of time, or quite possibly already is. I don't know that there would be a pipeline through here to help in any way, but I have to ask. Is there any way to help him? I don't need to be involved beyond passing contact info.

I've been lucky enough to ask and have questions answered on this forum for a while now, and this is one more I'd like to have answered either way. This is not my home, I am a guest here, and I am appreciative of the kindness you all have shown me over the years.

Thank you for your time

7624U
08-30-2021, 15:49
Time is up the military has left and the state department is actively blocking anyone from helping at all. My advise as of yesterday is a escape and evade to resistance lines but who knows how long they will last with no support.

LTC (R) Scott Mann
Said he will not stop trying to get people out over land on the news tonight
https://www.operationrecovery.org/

P36
08-30-2021, 20:33
Does he have an SIV?

RedLegGI
08-31-2021, 09:31
Does he have an SIV?

He is in the process and has been in contact with the embassy. He also relayed that several forms were sent on his behalf to the airport prior to us exiting, and also showed me he is in possession of one of the passes that were distributed. He said he is now in hiding, but he does still have access to the internet etc.

bvvanes
09-05-2021, 10:08
At one point I was appointed to investigate an SF training death. When speaking to the ONE responsible individual that could have made a major intervention in helping the soldier and didn't, that person said to me 'what's all the talk about this death, people die in training'! I couldn't believe what I had just heard and now we see that same attitude in leaving Americans and SIV holders behind in Afghanistan. It seems that some have negotiable virtues that are displayed when the need arises.

P36
09-10-2021, 16:42
He is in the process and has been in contact with the embassy. He also relayed that several forms were sent on his behalf to the airport prior to us exiting, and also showed me he is in possession of one of the passes that were distributed. He said he is now in hiding, but he does still have access to the internet etc.

Check your messages. Hope that is helpful.