View Full Version : Brilliant Thomas Opinion
Roguish Lawyer
04-06-2021, 16:19
This is a concurring opinion with no binding legal effect, but I encourage all of you to read it. It addresses censorship by Facebook et al. and how such censorship might be addressed by Congress.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-197_5ie6.pdf
Trapper John
04-07-2021, 10:48
It's about time! Thank you for posting. I posted this on Facebook, it will be interesting to see if my post is blocked or I am put in Facebook jail. :D
So when is the law suit so they can look at those issues?
Good Read.
I found this very interesting!
[QUOTE]The government cannot accomplish through threats of adverse government action what the Constitution prohibits it from doing directly.
See ibid.; Blum v. Yaretsky, 457 U. S. 991, 1004–1005 (1982). Under this doctrine,
plaintiffs might have colorable claims against a digital platform if it took adverse action against them in response to government threat[/QUOTE
Inclusive. 1st Amendment (abridging the freedom of speech,)
Badger52
04-18-2021, 06:03
Thanks for sharing that. Long way 'round the barn but it's insightful to watch his journey. And some are not going to be happy where he takes that. The direction he's headed in is anathema to the oligarchs that want it both ways.