PDA

View Full Version : Training OPS / Suggestions

t-rex2025
02-05-2005, 12:00
My TM SGT asked me to help put together some Concept OPS Plans for some good oppertunity training. The requirement is for something at the ODA level and pertaining to current world situation. The training time frame is (2-5 days long), over an IDT weekend would work great. Some of the adventure training camps are of particular interest. I have already recieved some material from 7th SFGA on Griffon Group. I have also recieved some stuff from 5th SFGA on Midsouth and Front Sight.

If anyone had gone to any other school, course or has executed a good ODA training plan I would welcome the input. Please include a link or POC information so that I could follow up.

Thanks

T-Rex

:cool:

18C4V
02-12-2005, 16:05
How about counter surveillance? It's a non ATRRS school I know 1st SFG has a course. Did you get that pp regarding the 5 vehicle AT/FP plan? Give me your AKO address via PM.

Basenshukai
02-12-2005, 17:01
BTW,

Gryphon Group (GG) is way filled in for slots. Make sure to call in advanced a few months, at least. I'd say you should start making arrangements, at least, a whole cycle prior. For instance, if you wish to go during your "Green Cycle", make reservations for it during the beginning of your "Red Cycle". Also, make sure that the contract that USASFC has going for GG, for that fiscal year, is approved and open. Otherwise, there will be no funds in the fundsite they will use for that training. GG Mobile FP Course has two levels. Level one will have to be attended by the entire team before level two (sounds logical, but some people think that it may be otherwise). BSR is another driving school, but it is kind of pricey. Finally, the HMMWV course held by AM General (I am not sure of the present course name) is a great course to attend. That's it for mobility stuff, anyway.

BAS OUT

t-rex2025
02-12-2005, 18:11
18C4V,

I would like to take a look at that if you mind. Yes, countersurvaillance is much needed skill. I will send you my AKO via PM.

Basenshukai,

I have already made contact with Griffon Group. Your right there calender is pretty much full for the year. Our unit is putting concepts togther for FY 06. Which is why we have to get them in now and through all the red tape at group in order to have a shot at going.

Thanks for the input

T-Rex

NousDefionsDoc
02-12-2005, 18:11
Get out your Battle Book and see what your Team has never done - then do that. ;)

t-rex2025
02-12-2005, 18:43
Gents,

All good suggestions. Basenshukai those are some great suggestions fro mobility concepts. I have look at some of the alternatives to Griffon Group and that show promise. Thanks

NousDefionsDoc,

Great suggestion. Our team right now is 50% new blood, so my TS feels going back to basics is the plan for this year. We are looking at SFAUC I for the short term.

NousDefionsDoc
02-12-2005, 18:50
Can't get much more basic than the playbook. ;)

I was put in charge of exercises for the company for a while, so I got the Battle Book out. We were supposed to be able to do a NEO, but I knew we had never done one before. So I set it up. When the guys first heard about it, they bitched like little girls because it wasn't high speed enough. But they apologized later.

I had them HALO in a recon group, set up an SF clandestine airfield (they had to survey it, mark it etc.), airland, take down targets, and do the NEO. Beautiful exercise (if I do say so myself) all conducted within a few miles of the home base.

I also had them do a hit from boats once. I never laughed so hard in my laugh.