PDA

View Full Version : Cipro Causing Yeast Overgrowth - Possible link to Gulf War "symptoms"

AngelsSix
02-04-2005, 14:11
I recently started doing some research into yeast overgrowth symptoms and realised that many of the same symptoms that Gulf War vets were returning with were very similar to yeast overgrowth symptoms.

Here's a link: http://www.candidafree.net/pages/1/index.htm

And a section of the text:

Yeast/Fungal overgrowth has been found to be a common occurrence in many disorders and is also present in millions of other people who cannot figure out what is wrong with them, or what to do about it.

Symptoms vary from person to person and fluctuate in severity, or may come and go. Most symptoms are invisible, which makes it difficult for others to understand the vast array of debilitating symptoms with which we contend.

The most commom are: an incapacitating fatigue and problems with concentration and short-term memory, flu-like symptoms such as pain in the joints and muscle, extreme tightness in the shoulders and neck, hyper-acidity/acid reflux, brown colored mucus in the back of the throat, blisters in the mouth/tongue/throat, either white or "blood blisters," unrefreshing sleep, sore throat, white coated tongue, an aversion to being touched or jumping, "crawling" skin, chronic sinus problems and headaches including migraines, chronic dental problems.

Visual disturbances may include blurring, sensitivity to light and eye pain.

Psychological problems may include depression, irritability, anxiety, panic attacks, recurring obsessive thoughts, personality changes, and mood swings (irrational rage or crying for no reason - fear of talking to people, any kind of confrontation, isolation).

More of the physical symptoms may include chills and night sweats, shortness of breath, dizziness and balance problems, sensitivity to heat and/or cold, alcohol intolerance, gluten and/or casein intolerance, irregular heartbeat, irritable bowel, constipation and/or diarrhea, painful gas and abdominal bloating, low-grade fever or low body temperature, numbness, tingling and/or burning sensations in the face or extremities, dryness of the mouth and eyes, difficulty swallowing and projectile vomiting.

Also menstrual problems including PMS and endometriosis, recurrent yeast infections, recurrent ear infections, rashes and dry, flaking skin, eczema, dermatitis, acne, skin discoloration and/or blotchiness, dandruff, jock and rectal itching, chronic athlete's foot, chronic toenail and fingernail fungus, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), allergies and sensitivities to noise/sound, foods, odors, chemicals, anemia, weight changes without changes in diet, light-headedness, feeling in a fog, fainting, muscle twitching and muscle weakness, jerky-leg syndrome and low sex drive and/or numbness in the genital area.

I know that Cirpro is an antibiotic that was given to servicemembers in the event of an Anthrax attack. But was anyone actually using it prior to entering the Gulf region??

Also, in a divergent theme; stress, diet changes, etc. have also been linked to causing this syndrome. I have worked with a lot of guys in the military that have displayed symptoms of yeast overgrowth that has not ever been diagnosed by the docs. Fungal infections are common in the feet of most people in the military these days, (these guys feet stink something fierce) and there was even one guy here that reeked (his whole body) even after getting out of the shower. I have read that these are all symptoms of yeast overgrowth in a person. Also, treatment for these things would be a course of antibiotics, which seems counter-productive and can actually result in worsening the overgrowth.

At any rate, as I was doing my research, I came across the above link and it sounds pretty well based that the way to fight it would be from internally, throught the use of probiotics and replacing the organisims that have been overwhelmed by the yeast overgrowth.

The product is called ThreeLac and the results seem to be good for the majority of people who try it.

I was wondering if my logic is flawed - that the widespread use of antibiotics in the military as well as Motirn for everything has caused a weakening of the digestive system and allowed the overgrowth of yeast, which then invades the whole body causing a myriad of symptoms. If that is the case, why are doctors so against using anything but more antibiotics, which only cause further problems?? Why aren't doctors more aware of this syndrome?? Took me five minutes on the web.

swatsurgeon
02-04-2005, 14:18
yogurt with active cultures does the trick......