PDA

View Full Version : 60 teens loot Philadelphia Walgreens

mojaveman
07-10-2019, 13:33
Are we experiencing a new trend here? Shoplifting by a platoon size element? One armed security guard would have had a hard time stopping them.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/police-seek-group-mostly-teens-who-looted-philadelphia-walgreens

Badger52
07-10-2019, 16:02
Are we experiencing a new trend here?Yes. Several in the last week or so. Return of the flash mob.

Ferals. Should be treated the same as wild hogs in Tejas. Recidivism would drop. Too much curmudgeon?

tom kelly
07-10-2019, 16:12
Large number of young people respond to a cell phone "Alert" to converge on a particular location to cause havoc and take the opportunity to destroy, steal, and damage property at a drug store on South Street. Few arrested and probably no prosecution by LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE DA.

Flagg
07-10-2019, 23:24
Visiting Philadelphia in a few weeks times.

South Street is usually pretty safe as I recall.

Definitely a cluster of flash thefts lately

1stindoor
07-11-2019, 06:32
One armed security guard would have had a hard time stopping this.

He just has to stop the first (depending on weapon and size of magazine) couple.

SouthernDZ
07-11-2019, 09:14
Visiting Philadelphia in a few weeks times.

South Street is usually pretty safe as I recall.

Definitely a cluster of flash thefts lately

Used to teach 8-9 times a year at UPENN for WRAIR. Philly is a tough inner-city. I ordered a sandwich at the local WAWA and said thank you to the lady. She looked at me like I was some alien form of life.

A favorite tactic is to be approached from the rear by someone asking you for spare change. Typically you would turn around to answer and miss seeing the actual attackers that are approaching from your original direction of travel...watch yourself.

abc_123
07-12-2019, 15:36
I went on a field trip to Philly with my grade school class for the bi-centennial.

Not on the ground more than an hour, and while were walking through a park on the way to go see the Liberty Bell, a dude came running by and snatched a camera out of a classmates hand. I think one or two of our male teachers managed to run the dude down and get it back but I never saw any of that because we were quickly herded away by the other women teachers and it was never talked about.

My intro to the big city and the city of brotherly love!

But wow, I loved watching the Broad Street Bullies on TV. The win vs the Soviets was EPIC!!! 'Murica!

Stobey
07-15-2019, 19:34
He just has to stop the first (depending on weapon and size of magazine) couple.

You are absolutely correct. (This was something my Dad said back in 1967, when the ferals ran wild that summer.) Unfortunately, if that happened the security guard would either be literally trampled to death by the feral mob or figuratively by the leftist scum and the enemedia (sorry for being redundant there).

bblhead672
07-17-2019, 09:34
"60 Teens riddled with bullets after attempting flash robbery" would be a better headline. But Americans love affair with feelings prevents useful solutions...:D