PDA

View Full Version : Lt Col Bill Dean, RIP

JJ_BPK
06-04-2019, 15:14
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios

My deepest condolences to the family and team mates :mad:

'America lost one of its greatest leaders' — Former Special Forces officer who helped defeat ISIS dies in climbing accident, Paul Szoldra, June 04, 2019 at 03:40 PM

A former Army Special Forces officer who was instrumental in the campaign to defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria has died in a climbing accident in Washington.

Retired Lt. Col. Arleigh William "Bill" Dean died Wednesday after he and his climbing group were caught in a rockfall at 10,400 feet while they were camping along the route to the summit of Mount Rainier, according to KIRO 7 News. Two other climbers were injured.

Dean leaves behind a wife and two daughters. He was 45.

"He was just completely devoted to his family," a fellow Army officer who had deployed with Dean told Task & Purpose on condition of anonymity. "The hardest part is coming to terms with not having a father to raise them, because he was such an incredible dad."

An Alaska native, Dean was an experienced rock climber and outdoorsman who had recently founded his own wilderness guiding and experiential learning company, said Jan Rutherford, a fellow former Special Forces officer, friend, and business associate. Along with Rutherford, Dean had previously led groups of business executives and military veterans on expeditions.

https://taskandpurpose.com/bill-dean-special-forces-climbing

WarriorDiplomat
06-04-2019, 15:41
RIP LTC Dean

Damn what a surprise he was a Det commander of mine years ago on 065 then he went over to the SMU til retirement a quiet professional

Joker
06-04-2019, 16:10
Rest in Peace Brother. DOL

SF_BHT
06-04-2019, 18:08
RIP Brother....

Swoop
06-05-2019, 04:42
Rest In Peace

DOL

Sohei
06-05-2019, 06:27
Rest In Peace, Sir and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Razor
06-05-2019, 07:57
Be thou at peace.