PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells Brazil crowd: "Some of you may be aware....

JJ_BPK
05-31-2019, 12:18
:munchin

Obama tells Brazil crowd: "Some of you may be aware our gun laws in the United States don’t make much sense. Anybody can buy any weapon any time -- without much if any regulation, they can buy it over the Internet, they can buy machine guns."

8:34 AM - May 31, 2019

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/05/31/straight-up-lying-obamas-rant-in-brazil-about-the-u-s-and-guns-is-100-percent-pure-bs-video/

I don't follow twitchy,, I do understand it is not a comic nor fake news site, but is strongly rooted to the RIGHT..

:munchin

Box
05-31-2019, 12:52
Just another DC pimp selling lies to anyone that will listen...

Joker
05-31-2019, 13:10
Just another DC ho selling lies to anyone that will listen...

Fixed it. He was a pimp, now he’s a ho.

rsdengler
05-31-2019, 15:59
Fixed it. He was a pimp, now he’s a ho.

LOL, Yes he's definitely a "HO"....HObama.....

Badger52
05-31-2019, 20:12
He's doing the same thing Hillary was doing at the Mexican embassy during her visit there, commenting about the massive percentage of weapons confiscated in Mexico having come from the US... literally as a prelude to Fast & Furious.

It's all just "keep telling the lie."

Noah Werka
06-01-2019, 15:28
The full article...

Obama Lies (https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/31/6-gun-lies-one-truth-obama-told-brazil/)

Noah W

tonyz
06-01-2019, 18:09
The full article...

Obama Lies (https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/31/6-gun-lies-one-truth-obama-told-brazil/)

Noah W

Thank you for that article...as Paul Harvey used to say...the rest of the story.

tonyz
06-02-2019, 10:45
The link to the article above “Obama Lies” illustrating the obvious propaganda about firearms which is consistently being shoved down everyone’s throats by very prominent politicians and the media, motivated me to find the article below. This type of propaganda while often aimed at domestic audiences is also, as in this instance with Obama in Brazil, aimed at foreign audiences. We have a fair amount of foreign readership here - so here are some numbers that might shed light on why so many law abiding Americans support the Second Amendment.

Despite the propaganda - America and Americans are not violent - drug gangs and other violent CRIMINAL elements are. Murder in America is actually concentrated in very small areas. I venture to say that everyone in a medium to a larger city essentially knows the danger areas.

An edited excerpt provided for your ease of reading is below along with the complete article at link.

Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders

25 APR , 2017
Dr. John R. Lott, Jr.
CPRC

The Distribution of murders
The United States can really be divided up into three types of places. Places where there are no murders, places where there are a few murders, and places where murders are very common.

In 2014, the most recent year that a county-level breakdown is available, 54% of counties (with 11% of the population) have no murders. 69% of counties have no more than one murder, and about 20% of the population. These counties account for only 4% of all murders in the country.

The worst 1% of counties have 19% of the population and 37% of the murders. The worst 2% of counties contain 28% of the population and 51% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 68% of murders. But even within those counties the murders are very heavily concentrated in small areas.

According to a 2013 PEW Research Center survey, the household gun ownership rate in rural areas was 2.11 times greater than in urban areas (“Why Own a Gun? Protection is Now Top Reason,” PEW Research Center, March 12, 2013). Suburban households are 28.6% more likely to own guns than urban households. Despite lower gun ownership, urban areas experience much higher murder rates. One should not put much weight on this purely “cross-sectional” evidence over one point in time and many factors determine murder rates, but it is still interesting to note that so much of the country has both very high gun ownership rates and zero murders.

Conclusion
This study shows how murders in the United States are heavily concentrated in very small areas. Few appreciate how much of the US has no murders each year. Murder isn’t a nationwide problem. It’s a problem in a very small set of urban areas, and any solution must reduce those murders.

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/04/number-murders-county-54-us-counties-2014-zero-murders-69-1-murder/

Badger52
06-02-2019, 10:54
2% of counties have 51% of the murders

I wonder what the current Marxist crop of job applicants would answer if told they could snap their fingers and "you can eliminate over half the murders in the country."

tonyz
06-02-2019, 11:02
I wonder what the current Marxist crop of job applicants would answer if told they could snap their fingers and "you can eliminate over half the murders in the country."

Check your privilege at the door...don’t distract Mr & Ms Marxist...we have farting cows and free college for everyone taking up our bandwith...got no time for addressing a truly manageable problem.

...sides...how we gonna get your guns if we shut down the real crim’nals.

ETA:
pre·text (prē′tĕkst′)
n.
A reason or excuse given to hide the real reason for something.

pretext (ˈpriːtɛkst)
n
1. a fictitious reason given in order to conceal the real one
2. a specious excuse; pretense

pre•text (ˈpri tɛkst)
n.
1. something put forward to conceal a true purpose or object; ostensible reason; excuse.
2. the misleading appearance or behavior assumed with this intention; subterfuge.

Little Fish
06-02-2019, 17:57
As a person in another country I think the media is your biggest enemy. No one in my breathing space thinks you have a weapon problem. It goes hand in hand in the US as clogs to the Netherland.
However we are blasted by the random mass shootings and the fact that schools are often involved, the reactions are somewhat extreme.
Seems to me if media spent a bit more time on mental health issues, the gun thing would abate.
I dont know anyone who think you have a murder problem...just a fairly regular massacre via firearm.
As far as this site goes, you are weapons people and having lived the SF life as a wife I know the necessity for,and your care of your arsenal.
Please dont think that we in other countries hold you accountable for the gun issue.
You are a hugely populated country with, I imagine, a normal amount of madness per capita.
(My apologies for not knowing how to bring down a quote...and I'm in the sticks, my blackstick antenna up aa gum tree and patched into my phone!)

Ret10Echo
06-02-2019, 19:14
But it isn't about Truth. Hasn't been for some time.

That goes for any politician regardless of what symbol is placed after their name.

Where's that schumck from again? Oh, Yeah.. Chicago:

As warm and sunny weather returned to Chicago on Friday after the wettest May in recorded history, 31 people were shot between 6 p.m. and just before dawn Saturday, reaching a clip of more than two people shot per hour, according to Chicago police.

Tearra B. Campbell, 22, was also killed in a stabbing Friday night on the South Side, police said. She was found unresponsive in a residence in a South Shore neighborhood. Police said the stabbing appeared to be domestic.

tonyz
06-02-2019, 19:41
As a person in another country I think the media is your biggest enemy. No one in my breathing space thinks you have a weapon problem. It goes hand in hand in the US as clogs to the Netherland.
However we are blasted by the random mass shootings and the fact that schools are often involved, the reactions are somewhat extreme.
Seems to me if media spent a bit more time on mental health issues, the gun thing would abate.
I dont know anyone who think you have a murder problem...just a fairly regular massacre via firearm.
As far as this site goes, you are weapons people and having lived the SF life as a wife I know the necessity for,and your care of your arsenal.
Please dont think that we in other countries hold you accountable for the gun issue.
You are a hugely populated country with, I imagine, a normal amount of madness per capita.
(My apologies for not knowing how to bring down a quote...and I'm in the sticks, my blackstick antenna up aa gum tree and patched into my phone!)

No worries Little Fish - it appears that you get it - and thank you for your perspective.

We here in American have numerous densely populated urban areas with recurrent violent criminal/gang/drug activities and we do have a distinct lack of mental health facilities. Addressing those two issues in a meaningful way would likely dramatically reduce actual gun violence.

In contrast, removing the rights of otherwise law abiding citizens or making them criminals overnight with magazine or weapon bans/restrictions will not stop gun violence here. But, it will open another deadly, illicit profit center for cartels, gangs and smugglers.

Badger52
06-02-2019, 21:08
Your view is appreciated. We've had guns in the hands of many, young and old, for centuries and, in history's timeline, the phenomenon always in the news is a relatively recent thing.

Over 6 years ago, there was a letter written by the QP's here (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40772). It has had wide view. I am certain that many outside this forum have seen it & read it, including some in high places. However, the same misguided approaches continue to be taken; to the point where I consider such people in the halls of power complicit in the deaths that transpire and must surmise that their motives are of the most dastardly. They literally salivate with opportunity when one a shooting takes place; indeed, if they cared at all they'd have been engaging in Chicago so that black people would stop murdering other black people at the rate of dozens a month - 1 city. There's some high-pressure rinse water needed.

Little Fish
06-03-2019, 02:32
It really seems that we would be better off governing ourselves!
Someone blows his fingers off with a double bunger...so they ban fireworks.
Some fool falls off his bike and hits his head. They legislate we all have to wear helmets. I'm off the grid and happy to be.
Same principle as your right to own a firearm. Dont ever let them win.
It seems governments aim for the lowest common denominator of its citizens.
Makes one wonder.

cat in the hat
06-03-2019, 07:50
It really seems that we would be better off governing ourselves!
Someone blows his fingers off with a double bunger...so they ban fireworks.
Some fool falls off his bike and hits his head. They legislate we all have to wear helmets. I'm off the grid and happy to be.
Same principle as your right to own a firearm. Dont ever let them win.
It seems governments aim for the lowest common denominator of its citizens.
Makes one wonder.

So now we have a generation of soft headed politicians wit all their fingers and no scars.

You know, the kid who spent all his time counting his nickels in a piggy bank instead of jumping his bike off of a ramp made from scrap wood or blowing up grey army men (not american GI's) with the 8 firecrackers you spent this week's allowance.

bblhead672
06-03-2019, 08:49
This quote from Dennis Prager pretty much sums up Obummer and his ilk:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it.

tom kelly
06-03-2019, 15:27
The Washington D C Beltway crowd, Former Political "Elitist", BHO, Muller, Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Peter Struzk, Page, The entire Democrat Congress and the Democrat National Committee, The Democrat Candidates for POTUS, There are so many "minorities" they are the majority in the main stream media. I DO NOT WANT THIS CROWD OF ASSHATS IN ANY POSITIONS OF POWER. EVER.

tonyz
06-03-2019, 15:40
Another summer in Chicago...I think law enforcement is familiar with the areas...

Most violent weekend in Chicago this year: At least 52 shot, 10 fatally
Alice Yin Contact Reporter
Chicago Tribune
June 3, 2019

At least 52 people were shot across Chicago over the weekend, the most violent of the year as summer gets underway, with a toll even higher than during the long Memorial Day holiday just a week earlier.

More than half the victims were wounded during a 12-hour burst of gunfire from Friday evening to Saturday morning. At least four of the 31 people shot during that time died after attacks on the West and South sides. By the time the weekend ended, at least 10 people were dead, according to the Chicago Police Department.

The level of violence, which typically spikes during the summer months, eclipsed that of the three-day Memorial Day weekend when at least 43 people were shot, seven of them fatally. Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson held a news conference Monday morning, calling the level of violence “despicable.”

<snip>

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-50-shot-10-fatally-weekend-gun-violence-20190603-story.html