PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do about this?


Uman
01-16-2019, 21:30
It is always a good time to defend The Tribe.


https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/15/exclusive-green-berets-targeted-after-anonymous-email-exposed-lowered-standards/

Box
01-16-2019, 21:38
What would you recommend?

I strongly advise against distributing a disrespectful bulk email throughout the community - that has been tried once and it DID NOT achieve the intended result.

For now, I'm going to go with passive observation, professional conduct at work, and low-grade sarcasm when posting comments online.

One thing is certain - I am not even going to THINK about going to SFAS until all of this craziness blows over !!

agentlank
01-17-2019, 15:29
One thing is certain - I am not even going to THINK about going to SFAS until all of this craziness blows over !!

If I may ask, what suggestions might you have, if any for someone that would be possibly attending SFAS in the coming months?

Joker
01-17-2019, 20:35
If I may ask, what suggestions might you have, if any for someone that would be possibly attending SFAS in the coming months?

Be at the assigned place at the assigned time in the assigned uniform, and don't quit. Do your best, always.

Ret10Echo
01-17-2019, 20:38
If I may ask, what suggestions might you have, if any for someone that would be possibly attending SFAS in the coming months?

Same as the prior months and years

Prepare

Crush everything

Don't quit

WarriorDiplomat
01-17-2019, 22:12
It is always a good time to defend The Tribe.


https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/15/exclusive-green-berets-targeted-after-anonymous-email-exposed-lowered-standards/

IF TRUE and I cannot speak about the commanders involved or the SGM's I only know who some are but the stories of reduced standards and piss poor student quality mixed with average and superb students just saturated the community with the equivalent of cancer and cancer cells multiply rather quickly I could name 20 off the top of my head.

Anger is justified and patriots stand up for what is right

Well I will not cowl because much of the letter was true from my experiences and I have not met a former cadre who didn't feel the same from recent generations....no amount of reverse psychology, view points or fk'n data makes it untrue the spindoctors will spin but in the end it is still true.

This is exactly what a bad command does they start CYA and headhunting just like they always do....I think once I am completely out I might just beat three shades of shit out of the commanders I knew there...they are fk'n traitors to the community......its these types of leaders that forces them to dumb down and reduce the Q-course to the low low standards correction there are no standards....no real soldiers respect this unit once they have seen this the climate is bad.....soldiers are graduating the course without the ability to function as a skill level 2 infantryman.........no self respecting soldier who wants a good career serving a great country wants to be part of such a unit and certainly not in a million years work for commanders who care about their careers and don't give a fck about this unit....the course is a cake walk the only true blue patriots are the cadre getting punished for trying to hold bad behavior and poor character accountable an being rebuked in the process.

This shit makes me sick and let me reiterate as a former cadre from 06-09 then coming back in 13-16 the drop in standards and coddling of warriors was shockingly different in that short period it was noticeable and so was student respect and discipline...the fk'n Commanders and CSM/SGM's will never ever be at the mercy of a team full of the soldiers they turned a blind eye too that could not meet standards and bad attitudes to boot....just like the Democrats living in mansions bring in hordes of immigrants and pushing them off on the rest of us.....and there were far worse anecdotes I can share from the worse SGM I have ever seen sycophantic GS cocksuckers and indifferent passive left leaning force of new gen of passively indifferent and self delusional sociopaths their are tons of corroborating former cadre and students who are disheartened by the fading away of a once proud Special Unit into oblivion.

And this kiddies is exactly why bringing up ground truth and real problems is counterproductive and ironically enough exactly why the letter had to be bypass the useless chain of a-holes.....and honest command climate surveys is critical from every swinging dick...

Unless you want to go down with this ship stay away from Special Forces however if you cannot see the writing on the wall then continue on and have fun drowning or dying for nothing.

Uman
01-19-2019, 22:43
This reminds me of when The Resistor SF Underground newspaper came out. They pointed out the same things back then. The Cadre are there to protect the Beret, as it is everyone mission in SF to do the same. Remember “The Green Beret is again becoming a symbol of excellence, a badge of courage, a mark of distinction in the fight for freedom."

WarriorDiplomat
01-20-2019, 15:07
This reminds me of when The Resistor SF Underground newspaper came out. They pointed out the same things back then. The Cadre are there to protect the Beret, as it is everyone mission in SF to do the same. Remember “The Green Beret is again becoming a symbol of excellence, a badge of courage, a mark of distinction in the fight for freedom."

You need to fill out your profile

rubberneck
01-20-2019, 16:23
From an outsiders perspective they can't find enough quality candidates to meet their numbers but leadership has no problem running off two very experienced men out of what appears to be embarrassment. Makes you wonder how much damage the Obama administration has done to all the branches as it'll probably take the better part of a decade to purge those that rose to positions of authority during his term.

Penn
01-20-2019, 21:33
Over the years, through this site, a number of 18 series Q guys have visited the restaurant. I was always surprised when I enquired why they did not finish their 20 yrs optioning out at 12, 14, 15, in, the reply to that question was the same to a man, leadership. It never clicked till now.
Edit to add: Most were tier 1 TF guys.

Basenshukai
01-20-2019, 22:25
I remember Sonntag as a one-star. He held a unit Christmas event outdoors where many of the families attended. He showed up wearing his Harvard Kennedy School polo, his War College hat, and, of course, his Louisiana State ring. From an ASO standpoint, I wondered why he felt all of those status symbols were required at that event. He spent the entire time uncomfortably surrounded by his primary staff and never ventured to meet and speak to the families in attendance. To be honest, he always seemed aloof and disconnected from the command, with the exception of his immediate staff and his circle of favorites.

rsdengler
01-21-2019, 06:51
You would hope someone in that position would have more concern over higher standards than his own status.

TrapperFrank
01-21-2019, 11:45
Just my dos centavos, but the worst thing the army did was to make Special Forces an officer branch. When that happened, the Regiment started to make the clockwise circle down the toilet. At that point, officers and their careers had to be managed. How do officer careers get managed? By the creation of "Commands" and "Headquarters." This in turn led to the creation of the inevitable plethora of staff positions that follow. These positions have to justify their existence this is accomplished by churning out a mountain of paperwork. Said paperwork affects those at the operational level the most. The creation of the Special Forces officer branch had the unintended negative consequence on the Regimental NCO corps by giving rise to the political class of senior NCOs. Does the phrase "Bone Clone" ring a bell?

WarriorDiplomat
01-22-2019, 10:57
I remember Sonntag as a one-star. He held a unit Christmas event outdoors where many of the families attended. He showed up wearing his Harvard Kennedy School polo, his War College hat, and, of course, his Louisiana State ring. From an ASO standpoint, I wondered why he felt all of those status symbols were required at that event. He spent the entire time uncomfortably surrounded by his primary staff and never ventured to meet and speak to the families in attendance. To be honest, he always seemed aloof and disconnected from the command, with the exception of his immediate staff and his circle of favorites.

I can take a wild guess as I see people do it in the units when they are trying to get attention or create a false persona in civvies passing themselves off as the real deal....branding himself

I got a similar impression seeing him...apparently he does not see his abilities, accomplishments, performance and lacks confidence in that being enough.....if he gets a woman through the Q he really stands out

I always felt the Army's badges breeds the same mindset of advertising accomplishments....attention seeking behavior

I am just spitballing here but that seems like a bad trait for people working in a low visibility type profession

Dragbag036
01-22-2019, 14:36
I am just spitballing here but that seems like a bad trait for people working in a low visibility type profession

Amen and STFU

WarriorDiplomat
02-02-2019, 11:24
Amen and STFU

You disagree or being funny?.....he was not just SF he had also spent time in Orange