PDA

View Full Version : We The People Will Fund The Wall Go Fund Me

Golf1echo
12-20-2018, 13:21
Leave it to a vet to implement solutions! Brian Kolfage Triple amputee from the Air Force started a Go Fund Me for paying for the wall.... in a few days it has risen to nearly $6,000,000.000 Outstanding on your part Brian, thank you sir!

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

JJ_BPK
12-20-2018, 15:11
Over 111K Americans agree, We need a wall.. :lifter

Chucko
12-20-2018, 15:29
Who can't see fraud happening in this effort?

JJ_BPK
12-20-2018, 15:55

I have no doubt that this will come up short, BUT

I bet 99% of the swamp critters will be thinking that if I support the wall,, maybe the same people will send money to my campaign chest.

currently sitting at 7.3M and 120K contributors. averaging 60 USD each

It will get their attention. :munchin

Golf1echo
12-20-2018, 16:39

I know, we are or should be wired to be cautious however Go Fund Me is an established entity. As I understand it if the goal or project doesn’t come to fruition your donation is refunded minus the gratuity fee you choose.

I dipped my feet in but will do more at 10 million and again at 20 million etc... Imagine for a minute... maybe we don’t need so many politicians, we just fund the projects we want, while I understand some of the pitfalls of such an endeavor if this works imagine, the people would hold more credible power and those at the Capitals a little less.

lindy
12-20-2018, 17:34
I dipped my feet in but will do more at 10 million and again at 20 million etc... Imagine for a minute... maybe we don’t need so many politicians, we just fund the projects we want...

Careful, the Mueller gang could indict us for Logan Act violations! :D

JJ_BPK
12-20-2018, 17:36

You need to do a little homework, Brian is the real deal.

The Most Severely Wounded Airman in History: Triple Amputee, Brian Kolfage, Jr.
College of Architecture, Planning & Landscape Architecture
Friday, December 14, 2012

Brian, an architecture student, was recently interviewed about his experiences while in the Air Force. His interviewed was published on the Warrior SOS blog. Warrior SOS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping military members and their families.

Interview by Jeffrey Denning, Warrior SOS, December 12, 2012

Brian Kolfage is a former Security Forces Airman-turned Architect. On September 11, 2004, on his second deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, he lost both legs and an arm after a rocket attack. The 107mm rocket shell exploded about three feet from Airman Kolfage, who was thrown several feet in the air and landed against a wall of sandbags. Still conscious, he began calling for help. Thirty-six hours after being struck by the blast of that mortar, he was airlifted to Walter Reed Medical Center, where his new life would begin.

http://capla.arizona.edu/news/most-severely-wounded-airman-history-triple

echoes
12-20-2018, 18:50

Brian, an architecture student, was recently interviewed about his experiences while in the Air Force. His interviewed was published on the Warrior SOS blog. Warrior SOS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping military members and their families.

Brian Kolfage is a former Security Forces Airman-turned Architect. On September 11, 2004, on his second deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, he lost both legs and an arm after a rocket attack. The 107mm rocket shell exploded about three feet from Airman Kolfage, who was thrown several feet in the air and landed against a wall of sandbags. Still conscious, he began calling for help. Thirty-six hours after being struck by the blast of that mortar, he was airlifted to Walter Reed Medical Center, where his new life would begin.

Brian IS the Real Deal!!!

Holly:lifter

Chucko
12-20-2018, 18:52

I would have said the same thing no matter who would have a monster GFP going. Nothing against him but with the system.

Golf1echo
12-20-2018, 19:22
Careful, the Mueller gang could indict us for Logan Act violations! :D

afsakið mig hvað sagði þu? :D

JJ_BPK
12-21-2018, 06:02
The total has jumped over night to $10,964,879, with 180,231 contributions :munchin

The Swamp is not going to be happy,
BUT it may be why there is now WALL money in the budget??

House approves spending bill with $5.7B for border wall
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-approves-spending-bill-with-5b-for-border-wall

cbtengr
12-21-2018, 06:47
The total has jumped over night to $10,964,879, with 180,231 contributions :munchin

So this goes to the Senate, why does it need 60 votes there? Does the nuclear option not also work in this case for the Repubs? And what a time to grow some balls, just before you lose the Congress. Two years pissed away.

Golf1echo
12-21-2018, 08:15
:lifterThe total has jumped over night to $10,964,879, with 180,231 contributions :munchin

$11,124,672.00 this morning...I suspect more than a few said Uh-oh their circumventing us. Interesting how damn fast the congress got it done :mad: they have had the majority for two years now. I looked in on an article about Ryan's departure, the hundreds of comments were unanimously critical...some extremely so, I have never seen that before. Looks like Ryan might have gotten wind of how others are perceiving his tenure...I'm thinking it's way too late for his reputation...what a waste. Hope Mconnell figures this out ....I will not hold my breath. Unfortunately they showed a close up of Pelosi...looks like we have surpassed the Egyptian technologies for mummification :eek: We need term limits!

Good to see Brian is a fellow alumni from the same college and school!

Stobey
12-22-2018, 19:26
One question: Could Mitch McConnell be putting off a vote on this until the new Senate has been seated?

JJ_BPK
12-23-2018, 06:34
$15,703,676
257,795 contributors
in 6 days

:lifter

Badger52
12-24-2018, 11:47
I remember walking around the inner scaffolding of the little castle at Rothenburg ob der Tauber. It had been restored by folks (Disney project, Brothers Grimm tales IIRC) and, in many hands tradition, one got their name put on a brick inside for restoration of 'X' meters of wall. Just spitballin' but it would be kinda cool to see how many miles of wall that GFM page would translate to - especially if NOT done by Gubmint layers. Just from GFM to contractor.

Ok, that's my Confectioner's Sugar thought for this Christmas Eve before I go finish ammo inventory.

And to those downrange...

MERRY CHRISTMAS :lifter

Stobey
12-24-2018, 11:58
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all QPs and all on this board!

echoes
12-24-2018, 13:26
I remember walking around the inner scaffolding of the little castle at Rothenburg ob der Tauber. It had been restored by folks (Disney project, Brothers Grimm tales IIRC) and, in many hands tradition, one got their name put on a brick inside for restoration of 'X' meters of wall. Just spitballin' but it would be kinda cool to see how many miles of wall that GFM page would translate to - especially if NOT done by Gubmint layers. Just from GFM to contractor.

Ok, that's my Confectioner's Sugar thought for this Christmas Eve before I go finish ammo inventory.

And to those downrange...

MERRY CHRISTMAS :lifter

B52,

Very well said!!! ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL SF who are in harms way, and to ALL on PS.

Lots of luv for you guys!!!

Holly & sis

tom kelly
12-24-2018, 14:21
Seems a lot of people are putting up CASH to build a WALL to KEEP THE ILLEGALS out. I am willing to contribute. tom kelly MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL SF

abc_123
12-26-2018, 20:04
Currently at $17.4M. I'm in. More at $20M!

However we all know that if they asked for armed volunteers to keep illegals out, with and OK to shoot on sight... we'd have an army within days and negligible illegal immigration after that.

Badger52
12-26-2018, 20:47
Currently at $17.4M. I'm in. More at $20M!

However we all know that if they asked for armed volunteers to keep illegals out, with and OK to shoot on sight... we'd have an army within days and negligible illegal immigration after that.Friend & I were discussing this tonight as I stopped by to pickup an old teardrop forward assist from him. He scratched his beard & pondered what the billable would be for something with rotors, and a really loud, thirsty gun, operating out of Arizona... as he moved over by his blue progressive machine. Just FOGs musing across the counter...
:cool:

JJ_BPK
12-27-2018, 06:16
$17,440,962 raised by 286,995 people in 10 days

The Petition is also doing well..

2,984,722 SIGNATURES <<<< has not moved in 15hrs????

we the people WILL FUND the wall!

LETS GET 100 MILLION SIGNATURES DEMANDING OUR GOVERNMENT FUND AND BUILD THE WALL!

Green button takes you to the 'official' GoFundMe.

SIGN YOUR NAME BELOW LETTING POLITICIANS KNOW YOU WANT THE WALL
Petition is fully confidential

https://wefundthewall.com/?fbclid=IwAR29eWL3Pui9n-57Af-Z__PjPi8Bv93vvJytfQc6NOY5aZQslCF7iPzfISs

Golf1echo
12-27-2018, 10:19
A little perspective on the border. In 1986 I had the opportunity to accompany different Border Patrol agents in the course of their work out of the Tucson Station. What I came away with was respect for the men and women who were doing such a challenging job. Even back then, thirty years ago, there were many challenges, man power, resources, congressional interference, local agendas, and money. It was very interesting hearing the perspective from the people on the ground. They cared about the sovereignty of our country as well as the people their paths crossed with. They treated most of the aliens with respect even using their own money to feed the women and children abandon by coyotes in the dark desert nights.

In those days many aliens would be puzzled by the question of asylum...they knew they were here illegally...but even then efforts to subvert our system were at work even by our own people. IIRC the quota was 850,000 people were admitted to the US every year in various categories. It occurred to me then that was the size of Tucson's and surrounding areas population, where will all these people live, not to mention what they described as the millions and millions already here illegally ( no one really knew how many had come unauthorized).

We haven't built new towns and cities over that time and indeed our current municipalities have expanded into densely populated population centers, crowded roads and highways, higher taxes and benefit packages for those that aren't contributing as citizens, etc... It is a complicated system but few of us think we are getting things under control.

An engineer is trained in obstacles, he knows alone they are marginally effective, he knows in a system they are effective for channeling and control. It is very difficult for me to believe we are wrong to be concerned with the sovereignty of our borders, the rest of the world isn't so why should we be wrong...the best functioning countries are so because of how well they operate and control their borders.

....it speaks to me volumes about the message of those who would oppose such a position, it tells me their agenda is not mine. I care about this country and it's legacy that belongs to our children not the random world...especially not a pointless political agenda based in the power shares of politicians.

The costs are high in so many ways, the illegals know exactly what the loopholes are, how to use our system, where the benefits are, who will support them and how to beat the system before they get here. The cost is one we all pay, more importantly it is our children's legacy.

Images from one of the outings into the Tohono O'Daham Nation Reservation near Baboquivvari Peak Wilderness South of Sells AZ. Images include.
Images include the US Mexican border and it's cattle guard crossing, a column of illegal aliens ( 18 count), Transportation of illegals back to the station for deportation.

bblhead672
12-27-2018, 10:40
Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration (https://100percentfedup.com/one-stunning-graphic-reveals-the-insane-tax-burden-of-illegal-aliens-on-u-s-citizens/)

$117 Billion per year buys we the people a lot of walls!

plato
12-28-2018, 19:09
Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration (https://100percentfedup.com/one-stunning-graphic-reveals-the-insane-tax-burden-of-illegal-aliens-on-u-s-citizens/)

$117 Billion per year buys we the people a lot of walls!

The chart/study is slightly flawed. Checking analyses done for the Govt. was my "bread and butter" before 9/11 when regional EOC's were dumped in my lap.

I'll offer the analysis I did for my nephew (typical Kalifornian).

5 basketball players, earning $1,000,000 each are paying taxes on 5 Mil.
Along comes Pedro, displacing one. (as long as there are those seeking jobs, an American is displaced by each illegal).

We now have 5 players paying taxes on $5 Mil, just like before. There is no contribution on the plus side.

However, 4 of the 5 original players now have the burden of paying into social programs to support the displaced American. That displaced American has certainly not profited from the fact that Pedro is paying taxes. The results also go into the negative column.

When my division was in the business of analyzing studies going forward to D.C., we found 80% or more were flawed. (Folks at Rand still grit their teeth when they hear my name. ) :D

When it comes to studies such as the above, I imagine the flaw rate is even higher

WarriorDiplomat
12-29-2018, 22:59
The chart/study is slightly flawed. Checking analyses done for the Govt. was my "bread and butter" before 9/11 when regional EOC's were dumped in my lap.

Along comes Pedro, displacing one. (as long as there are those seeking jobs, an American is displaced by each illegal).

We now have 5 players paying taxes on $5 Mil, just like before. There is no contribution on the plus side.

However, 4 of the 5 original players now have the burden of paying into social programs to support the displaced American. That displaced American has certainly not profited from the fact that Pedro is paying taxes. The results also go into the negative column.

When my division was in the business of analyzing studies going forward to D.C., we found 80% or more were flawed. (Folks at Rand still grit their teeth when they hear my name. ) :D

When it comes to studies such as the above, I imagine the flaw rate is even higher

Would it be fair to assume that your nephew is of the impression that the illegal displaces no one because he simply takes the available job that is not filled because an American will not do it?

I agree completely on the wall but I will share my experience from working nearly 7 years in meat packing plants in my hometown....the job was physical, dirty and demanding with low pay in the 80's I started at 7.39 per hr....all I heard from the people in my town was the Mexicans were taking all our jobs this was during the 80's prior to NAFTA, Every year at least a few times a year the immigration folks would show up at the plant with 5-6 buses and rounded up the illegals or as they were called by locals the Mojados, the plant would go from 7/24hr to 7/12hr or more if people would stay. Every monday new hires were brought in during orientation on a tour of the plant. What really irked me was these same guys who claimed they could not get a job never asked for the jobs the Mexicans vacated when deported and stayed home and kept complaining.....a few weeks later the same Mexicans would start filtering back in under new names.

So I understand the argument that their are jobs most Americans will not do and their are jobs Americans will not try to excel at where these illegals and some legals will not only work the will work hard to provide for their family.....the issues in my hometown? the Vaqueros and the cattle trade have a long intertwined history in America especially in my hometown....they do jobs others would rather not that we need done.

The major issue is the welfare network they can navigate like professionals.....this is the draw today the ones I knew worked hard and were tough hombres but the flip side was the free healthcare they finagled the food stamps and the money they sent back home to Mexico. They developed their own black markets, bars, stores, car dealerships etc....and now because with a second possibly third generation there from my time the sense of entitlement has set in and the town is now a liberal democrat area with the growth of welfare programs that cater to them.....this is the road we have gone down the welfare system is well known they share the knowledge and now they even have family members working in the social services jobs making sure the system is exploited to the fullest.

Golf1echo
12-30-2018, 11:23
Plato, I’ve been curious for a long while just how many illegal aliens are in this country? I don’t know if you have any insights into that ... birth rates, immigration, foreign speakers, politics in general indicate wild inaccuracies have been made by the talking heads.

Insightful comment Warriordiplomat, we discussed it before here, there are cultural accouterments that go along with immigration, some good and some destructive... my impression was our Founding Fathers tried to protect us from the later. Experiential observation has shown me many examples of the undercurrent you speak of.

As for work programs they used to be an asset to farmers, industry and general need, the problem is they have to be administered and enforced.

Until the majority of Americans see the sovereignty of this country as a value for its citizenry and their children erosion will result. There are countries that operate by celebrating and valuing their sovereignty with great success.

https://cis.org/One-Five-US-Residents-Speaks-Foreign-Language-Home-Record-618-million

https://cis.org/Report/Almost-Half-Speak-Foreign-Language-Americas-Largest-Cities

plato
01-01-2019, 18:38
Would it be fair to assume that your nephew is of the impression that the illegal displaces no one because he simply takes the available job that is not filled because an American will not do it?

I agree completely on the wall but I will share my experience from working nearly 7 years in meat packing plants in my hometown....the job was physical, dirty and demanding with low pay in the 80's I started at 7.39 per hr....all I heard from the people in my town was the Mexicans were taking all our jobs this was during the 80's prior to NAFTA, Every year at least a few times a year the immigration folks would show up at the plant with 5-6 buses and rounded up the illegals or as they were called by locals the Mojados, the plant would go from 7/24hr to 7/12hr or more if people would stay. Every monday new hires were brought in during orientation on a tour of the plant. What really irked me was these same guys who claimed they could not get a job never asked for the jobs the Mexicans vacated when deported and stayed home and kept complaining.....a few weeks later the same Mexicans would start filtering back in under new names.

So I understand the argument that their are jobs most Americans will not do and their are jobs Americans will not try to excel at where these illegals and some legals will not only work the will work hard to provide for their family.....the issues in my hometown? the Vaqueros and the cattle trade have a long intertwined history in America especially in my hometown....they do jobs others would rather not that we need done.

The major issue is the welfare network they can navigate like professionals.....this is the draw today the ones I knew worked hard and were tough hombres but the flip side was the free healthcare they finagled the food stamps and the money they sent back home to Mexico. They developed their own black markets, bars, stores, car dealerships etc....and now because with a second possibly third generation there from my time the sense of entitlement has set in and the town is now a liberal democrat area with the growth of welfare programs that cater to them.....this is the road we have gone down the welfare system is well known they share the knowledge and now they even have family members working in the social services jobs making sure the system is exploited to the fullest.

I think my nephew's liberal views are simply based on being a city boy. Water comes out of the faucet. Food is waiting at the grocery store. Basically, life is handled by public and private institutions. A person should simply be able to float down the stream.

We recently had a "Water is a basic human right" movement here in Detroit by those who don't believe in paying water bills. Pretty indicative, I'd say.

Me? I'm from Appalachia. I worked on farms for $.35 per hour, $.50 if the owner decided I'd kept up with the adults well enough. Water was hauled from your well or a neighbor's. Chicken was ready about an hour after Grandma handed you the hatchet. And I wasn't a "rare bird" in the area. There were plenty of classmates out in those fields. When you see the human effort to produce what we need, it's hard to think of them as "entitlements". Therein, I think, lies the difference. I was not born into a world custom made to receive me. The entitled seem to chafe at any imperfect fit.

There were no jobs "Americans will not do" when they're hungry enough. The social system, when I was 12 consisted mostly of relatives. It's much harder to look one in the eye and ask for money while you sat on your backside, than fill out a form and wait for the check in the mail.

Yes, the welfare network needs an overhaul. It should be closed to illegal immigrants, and tight for citizens. Falsification should have some severe penalties. Of course, as long as liberals can buy votes, it won't happen unless it's after the revolution.

Hand
01-02-2019, 13:15
Imagine for a minute... maybe we don’t need so many politicians, we just fund the projects we want, while I understand some of the pitfalls of such an endeavor if this works imagine, the people would hold more credible power and those at the Capitals a little less.

Jesus, that gave me chills. Imagine...
I imagine some of the pitfalls over time would average out to be less undesirable than having 0 control of where our dear leaders carelessly throw our tax dollars.

Old Dog New Trick
01-02-2019, 14:13
An entrepreneurial person could start a GFM to support American tax payers to support welfare, EBT (Food Stamps), and the free lunch program at public schools...

Target $100 Billion/Annually

Raised so far - forty packs of cigarettes, a used lottery scratch ticket, and two of a dozen enriched hotdog buns and a WWJD - Save the Climate bumper-sticker!

Badger52
01-02-2019, 15:39
An entrepreneurial person could start a GFM to support American tax payers to support welfare, EBT (Food Stamps), and the free lunch program at public schools...

Target $100 Billion/Annually
OK, I'm in to slap some stickers up (you should have Sabo do this) but gotta tell ya Boss I'm NOT doing the environmental recon to find the poster-girl "face" of this campaign. Unh-uh - nope.
:cool:

bblhead672
01-03-2019, 10:55

Not my numbers, I can accept that the study has flaws.

Whatever the actual dollar number is not the point. It is that US citizens' tax dollars are being spent on providing freebies to citizens of other countries who are breaking our laws.
I wouldn't agree with it if the total was $1,000 per year instead of billions.

plato
01-07-2019, 12:52
Not my numbers, I can accept that the study has flaws.

Whatever the actual dollar number is not the point. It is that US citizens' tax dollars are being spent on providing freebies to citizens of other countries who are breaking our laws.
I wouldn't agree with it if the total was $1,000 per year instead of billions.

No intention to poke at you or your chart. Sorry if it came across that way. My comment was more for anyone reading who hadn't heard "opposing numbers". I'm inclined to do that. I also infuriate said liberal nephew with the Global Cooling cycles that have been taking place on this planet for the last 800K years.

Looking at the relatively short term trend, climate wise, alarms folks (and is apparently designed to do so), sorta like looking outside at noon and midnight, and deciding the sun died that day.

Just for S&G look at that long-term (800K years) trend below.

Badger52
01-07-2019, 16:35
Just for S&G look at that long-term (800K years) trend below.Ahem, looks like normal sinus rhythm - you can discharge the patient to continue their recovery at home. Besides, none of this will matter if Darth Bader continues to miss SCOTUS orals.

Golf1echo
01-08-2019, 18:30
Okay, just searched for “What time is the Presidents address” the first line gives the time...

Then the DNN links start, no need to describe. We don’t need investigations to know where the real collusion is... gonzo propagandist. How could I ever make up my own mind about anything without their guidance?

275RLTW
01-12-2019, 10:51
From ABC news :

“The campaign, titled "We The People Will Build the Wall," had raised $20,240,198 as of early Saturday. Over 330,000 people had donated to the cause, with nine people giving over $10,000 and one person giving $50,000.

But Kolfage also announced on Friday he was suddenly stepping back from donating the money straight to the U.S. government -- a promise it wasn't exactly clear he could complete -- and instead funneling the money to a new nonprofit he started called "We Build the Wall, Inc."

The switch broke GoFundMe's donation rules and prompted the refund offer.”

JJ_BPK
01-12-2019, 11:03
The progressives at GFM want to shut down the effort and put the squeeze on Brian for technical wordsmithing.

Now CNN & other 5th column news org are trying to make it look like the effort has collapsed and there are shenanigans afoot.

It's still GTG.

caveat: If you have contributed, you need to go to the site and re-affirm your commitment or GFM will force Brian to refund your money.

Build the Wall :lifter

275RLTW
01-12-2019, 11:46
The progressives at GFM want to shut down the effort and put the squeeze on Brian for technical wordsmithing.

Now CNN & other 5th column news org are trying to make it look like the effort has collapsed and there are shenanigans afoot.

I think everyone saw that coming from day 1. Surprised GFM allowed it to continue this far.

(1VB)compforce
08-20-2020, 08:21
And they all get charged...

Audrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Philip R. Bartlett, Inspector-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of the United States Postal Inspection Service (“USPIS”), announced the unsealing of an indictment charging BRIAN KOLFAGE, STEPHEN BANNON, ANDREW BADOLATO, and TIMOTHY SHEA for their roles in defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with an online crowdfunding campaign known as “We Build the Wall” that raised more than $25 million.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

The question is, is this election year shenanigans or is there something there. I observe that this is another NY DA going after the leadership of an organization that would be popular with supporters of President Trump. I'm 50/50 on whether there's fire under this smoke.

Old Dog New Trick
08-20-2020, 09:10
And they all get charged...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

The question is, is this election year shenanigans or is there something there. I observe that this is another NY DA going after the leadership of an organization that would be popular with supporters of President Trump. I'm 50/50 on whether there's fire under this smoke.

DA for SDNY goes after Trump supporters 75 days before the election? No shenanigans going on there. :rolleyes: Isn’t the same office suing the NRA?