PDA

View Full Version : Social behavior scores

tonyz
11-24-2018, 08:22
Interesting read. The antithesis of American freedom...Harris, Booker, Warren, Holder, Schumer, Cortez, Pelosi, Wasserman-Schultz, and the rest of the BIGGOV crew would be proud to have this capability here. Maybe it’s already here...lurking just behind the “Google” screen and Alexa command? Internet dissenters beware - how many fingers?

Complete article at link

Beijing to Judge Every Resident Based on Behavior by End of 2020
Bloomberg News
November 21, 2018, 3:48 AM EST

China’s plan to judge each of its 1.3 billion people based on their social behavior is moving a step closer to reality, with Beijing set to adopt a lifelong points program by 2021 that assigns personalized ratings for each resident.

The capital city will pool data from several departments to reward and punish some 22 million citizens based on their actions and reputations by the end of 2020, according to a plan posted on the Beijing municipal government’s website on Monday. Those with better so-called social credit will get “green channel” benefits while those who violate laws will find life more difficult.

The Beijing project will improve blacklist systems so that those deemed untrustworthy will be “unable to move even a single step,” according to the government’s plan. Xinhua reported on the proposal Tuesday, while the report posted on the municipal government’s website is dated July 18.

China has long experimented with systems that grade its citizens, rewarding good behavior with streamlined services while punishing bad actions with restrictions and penalties. Critics say such moves are fraught with risks and could lead to systems that reduce humans to little more than a report card.

<snip>

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-21/beijing-to-judge-every-resident-based-on-behavior-by-end-of-2020

Paslode
11-24-2018, 17:29
Cameras are everywhere, listening devices are everywhere, your smart phone is constantly spying on you, your purchases are tracked and big chunks of peoples lives are posted online. It is already to the point TPTB give you a thumbs down your presence is banned and/or you can be harassed by a group of masked thugs.

So it is already here I think, it just hasn't been fully implemented and the ramifications have not yet been realized. We're probably one election cycle from a shit storm of epic proportions.

tonyz
11-24-2018, 17:35
Cameras are everywhere, listening devices are everywhere, your smart phone is constantly spying on you, your purchases are tracked and big chunks of peoples lives are posted online. It is already to the point TPTB give you a thumbs down your presence is banned and/or you can be harassed by a group of masked thugs.

So it is already here I think, it just hasn't been fully implemented and the ramifications have not yet been realized. We're probably one election cycle from a shit storm of epic proportions.

Monitoring is almost unavoidable - reward, punishment or rankings by the State, however, is not yet here. I suspect that you are prescient...the shit storm...while not inevitable...moves closer.

BigJimCalhoun
11-24-2018, 18:29
Some have already started thinking this is good here

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Proposed-legislation-in-NY-calls-for-social-media-check-to-get-pistol-permit-501146971.html

Proposed legislation in NY calls for social media check to get pistol permit

tonyz
11-24-2018, 18:59
Some have already started thinking this is good here

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Proposed-legislation-in-NY-calls-for-social-media-check-to-get-pistol-permit-501146971.html

Proposed legislation in NY calls for social media check to get pistol permit

In New York...that could never get abused.

Next...mandatory DNA sample on file and 24/7 body cameras for all conservatives.

Badger52
11-24-2018, 19:20
Given current technology, we've already seen modern examples wherein one aw-SHIT! takes away all your atta-boys. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
:munchin

tonyz
11-24-2018, 19:38
Given current technology, we've already seen modern examples wherein one aw-SHIT! takes away all your atta-boys. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
:munchin

Concur. Can helicopter parents hover low enough and long enough for a complete media scrub?

Then...there’s that one kid in the bunch who didn’t put up his cellphone on senior skip day...or in the locker room...BOOM !

Cameras or microphones back in the day...let’s just say...I shudder to think...

Sounds like a new industry in the offing.

Paslode
11-24-2018, 20:30
Monitoring is almost unavoidable - reward, punishment or rankings by the State, however, is not yet here. I suspect that you are prescient...the shit storm...while not inevitable...moves closer.

We are well on the way, probably past the point of no return. Google, Twitter, Facebook, the MSM are tools of the State......add to that the NSA, how it has been abused and the work of fiction known as Russia Gate.

EricV
11-25-2018, 07:01
Well, if you've been paying attention, there's that huge NSA facility out in Utah to store everybody's info. I read years ago that the total cost of storing the average person's Email and phone calls is a mere 100 bucks. Just to reiterate, that's $100 spread out over your life time. They have every forum post from everywhere too, I'm sure. Including this one now.

Then there's the algorithms that the computers use to sort all the stuff. Do psychological profiling and so on. When I first got on line, I used to write letters to certain friends in on the idea, of gobbledygook with choice words spread out in Cap letters. Like PLANS, and then several sentences of nonsense later, NUCLEAR BOMB. :D

I never had any intention of getting involved with facebook and the like for obvious reasons. Buuuut, a guy I went to high school with made out a "LinkedIn" profile of me and sent me the password. :rolleyes:

It was interesting to watch how they started to tie me in with various people. This was about 8-9 years ago. Naturally, the first thing I did was to link in to him. I told that when the round ups start, he's now tied into me. Him and all his friends and family. :D

Paslode
11-25-2018, 12:48
Well, if you've been paying attention, there's that huge NSA facility out in Utah to store everybody's info. I read years ago that the total cost of storing the average person's Email and phone calls is a mere 100 bucks. Just to reiterate, that's $100 spread out over your life time. They have every forum post from everywhere too, I'm sure. Including this one now.

Then there's the algorithms that the computers use to sort all the stuff. Do psychological profiling and so on. When I first got on line, I used to write letters to certain friends in on the idea, of gobbledygook with choice words spread out in Cap letters. Like PLANS, and then several sentences of nonsense later, NUCLEAR BOMB. :D

I never had any intention of getting involved with facebook and the like for obvious reasons. Buuuut, a guy I went to high school with made out a "LinkedIn" profile of me and sent me the password. :rolleyes:

It was interesting to watch how they started to tie me in with various people. This was about 8-9 years ago. Naturally, the first thing I did was to link in to him. I told that when the round ups start, he's now tied into me. Him and all his friends and family. :D

I looked at Linkedin the other day at all my 'potential' links and the majority of people listed are associated through my business, which means they are linked through my phone number and/or email.

This kind of stuff gets really spooky when you put it in the context of kids and SnapChat, Instagram, etc.

(1VB)compforce
11-25-2018, 13:27
The most concerning for me is that I have a blank Facebook account. The only thing it has is my email address from an old email account that I still have but rarely use. I have one old pic up with no profile or other information. It's under an alias, not my real name. I was out a couple of years ago at a cover band that was playing the local hotspot. The couple that sat down next to me chatted with me a little bit and we watched each others chairs when they went dancing or to the bathroom. They were visiting from out of state

The next day they showed up in my "suggested connections" on that Facebook account. The best I can figure is that someone somewhere took a picture of the crowd and uploaded it. Facebook then ran facial recognition and decided that we were talking in the pic so we must be friends. Other than that I have no idea how they would have connected us.

Penn
11-25-2018, 17:21
The axiom of "as government expands individual freedom is lost", has proven true. What is most concerning to me is the corporation as government. Perfectly exampled by facebooks incursions in Europe and Goggles employees, along with other tech firms, deciding with whom they will work, in addition to the ability to form social content, direction, and public opinion. Herman Goring 101.

WarriorDiplomat
11-25-2018, 19:30
Google and others have been doing something similar for years with their analytics programs and the sale of this data to the business world....those annoying little ads that show up pertaining to a subject you have recently researched is not by accident

Remember when twitter accounts during GW Bush era were being archived at the library of Congress for certain purposes??

Yes it absolutely can be abused and is no doubt.....social engineering and political science are one and the same so would it be a surprise if this data is not already being used to develop political strategy? when a salesman can read your response to his pitch and acts on it it's manipulation....when a sociopath forms his personality to get what he/she wants from whomever it is manipulation.....when a politician talks one game and doesn't mean a word of any of it and follows through on some things IOT do other things without notice to keep promises to benefactors, it is also manipulation....when an analytic program takes your random searches for items then attaches ads to every webpage of these great deals of something you have shown interest in....unless you are grateful then the other factor is companies pay for this data from a SEO-Search Engine Optimization type outfit.

tonyz
11-25-2018, 21:55
If you use the web and a smartphone...
The web and iPhones know...
They know what toothpaste you use...
They know what car you drive...where you drive it...how fast you drive it...
They know your political preferences...
They probably have pictures of you and your family, pets and cohorts...
They know what calibers you reload...
And, if you prefer blondes, brunettes, redheads or otherwise...
They have access to every post you ever made...or just read...
Every email you sent, read or merely composed in draft...
Every call you made or received...
Every movie you ever rented...
Every song, or radio program, podcast or book you listen to...
Every purchase ever made...
Every search you have made, and
Probably your general medical condition, too...

And, they know all your friends and their proclivities too.

And that’s just for starters...search the phrase: “the Internet of things.”

The Lois Lerner - Peter Strzok - Hillary Klinton personality types in the BIGGOV world probably see massive or bulk data collection as being an excellent tool for social control...maybe even a tool for political compliance or at least manipulation. Never happen here? Look at all those speech codes banning certain conservative speakers on college campuses. Remember those “irredeemable” “deplorable” and “bitter-clinger” characterizations?

The sweeping nature of bulk data collection in a growing surveillance state is a legitimate and significant privacy issue problem (or worse) for all Americans.

And, with the volume of data collected...how hard is it really...to plant just one little, itsy, bitsy piece of - false but highly damaging - information...photo...medical report...email address associated with a dating site or worse...a strange search query...or to craft an unflattering narrative on your political enemy based on your interpretation of decades of his or her supposedly “private” searches? Planting damaging electronic shit and then publishing it...leaking it...investigating it...

Nasty, nasty potential in the wrong hands regarding this whole matter.

Badger52
11-25-2018, 22:54
Google and others have been doing something similar for years with their analytics programs and the sale of this data to the business world....
....when an analytic program takes your random searches for items then attaches ads to every webpage of these great deals of something you have shown interest in....It's not just searches. If you have a Gmail account, and I have one I keep as a "burn" account on which nothing goes that's important, the TEXT of your emails is read* & used by Google immediately. Send a note to a friend, mentioning some type of "thing" (that you wouldn't use in a million years or haven't used in decades), explaining a bit about it, and wait for the ads for THAT to pop up, absent any searches for it.

* besides going fully to the big data repository at Never Say Anything due to their hooks into the Telco central offices and through the most powerful domain name-servers... owned & run by Google.

What was that? 1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual?

Old Dog New Trick
11-26-2018, 02:20

Funny you mention that. As I read this thread I’m struck by other similarities where art imitates reality or reality is exposed as an unbelievable truth. Many other movies and books have been produced and written as “science fiction or fiction” only to be or become non-fictional truths. Enemy of the State, Minority Report, Clear and Present Danger, The Handmaids Tale, to name a few movies. Too many dystopian novels written over the last one hundred years that with a tweak or two become real life events taken out of context or put into context to fit the narrative.

Did the NSA spy on US citizens...yes it did or still does. Same for all the other alphabet agencies. Usually it takes court orders to violate a persons 4th Amendment protections but then here comes google, Facebook and so many social media applications where people openly share their personal information and link social contacts with the click of a button. Once upon a time if you wanted to find someone you had to at least know where to start looking just to find the right phone book and for $10 more you could opt out and remain anonymous. Barring your name isn’t John Smith or Robert Jones.

The government has created the “matrix,” it pays or invests in private sector business to collect public and private information that it can use to control what people will do. Be that how to spend ones money, what to think, who to vote for, where to assemble for a cause you weren’t interested in until recently.

“1984” maybe Orwell was more right than wrong. Maybe with the imaginations of H.G Wells, Bradbury, Phillips and others the people we have elected to positions of power have only used those imaginations to further their control of power over the people.

Looking at the creators and CEOs of Facebook, google and other start up app makers (code writers) for social media they aren’t all that smart beyond the ability to write computer code. They took an idea created a message board with tentacles that reach out in all directions to connect and control data. They sell advertising space to get rich and just like commercials on TV advertising has met desire.

Zuckerburg and the Indian “IT” dweebs at google will one day all shit their pants and cry uncontrollably in a safe space when they have to face the realities they are responsible for. All the mass shootings, suicides, hate and intolerance, the elections their lies have swung one way the other for or against.

We were warned!

Box
11-26-2018, 08:15
I dont like referring to "the state" as the bad guy.

"The State" is the last bastion of free will left on this planet - leftists and progressives attempting to CONTROL the state are the enemy.

The State works just fine when all it does is establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare.

Everything else borders on overstepping their usefulness.
But the state is still the good guy as long as liberal and progressive democrats along with their rockefeller-republican cohorts are kept away from the steering wheel.

tonyz
11-26-2018, 09:28
Most any tool is only as “good” as it’s user...do you use too much electrical power? Heat too high, AC too low?

”If you think our privacy is compromised now, just wait. Until there's some legislation passed to protect our privacy, there's no stopping companies such as Google and Facebook from learning everything about what we do and who we are and selling the information to advertisers, insurance companies, and eventually, any entity that will pay. After all, that's their business model.”

Google Reveals Plans to Monitor Our Moods, Our Movements, and Our Children's Behavior at Home
PJ media
BY PHIL BAKER NOVEMBER 24, 2018

Patents recently issued to Google provide a window into their development activities. While it’s no guarantee of a future product, it is a sure indication of what’s of interest to them. What we’ve given up in privacy to Google, Facebook, and others thus far is minuscule compared to what is coming if these companies get their way.

These patents tell us that Google is developing smart-home products that are capable of eavesdropping on us throughout our home in order to learn more about us and better target us with advertising. It goes much further than the current Google Home speaker that’s promoted to answer our questions and provide useful information, and the Google-owned Nest thermostat that measures environmental conditions in our home. What the patents describe are sensors and cameras mounted in every room to follow us and analyze what we’re doing throughout our home.

They describe how the cameras can even recognize the image of a movie star’s image on a resident’s t-shirt, connect it to the person’s browsing history, and send the person an ad for a new movie the star is in.

One patent, No. 10,114,351, reads, “According to embodiments of this disclosure, a smart-home environment may be provided with smart-device environment policies that use smart-devices to monitor activities within a smart-device environment, report on these activities, and/or provide smart-device control based upon these activities.”

So clearly they want to monitor us and report back what we are doing.

It goes on to describe an example in the usual patent legalese. But it’s worth providing here the exact description for you to see, in particular, the last sentence:

By way of example, the high-power processor 20 and the low-power processor 22 may detect when a location (e.g., a house or room) is occupied (i.e., includes a presence of a human), up to and including whether it is occupied by a specific person or is occupied by a specific number of people (e.g., relative to one or more thresholds). In one embodiment, this detection can occur, e.g., by analyzing microphone signals, detecting user movements (e.g., in front of a device), detecting openings and closings of doors or garage doors, detecting wireless signals, detecting an internet protocol (IP) address of a received signal, detecting operation of one or more devices within a time window, or the like. Moreover, the high-power processor 20 and the low-power processor 22 may include image recognition technology to identify particular occupants or objects.
In other words, the goal is to track us throughout the home — observing who is in each room, where we are moving, and what we are doing.

What’s of note is the patent that was awarded to one of Google’s star teams, associated with the development of the Nest thermostat — a breakthrough product with a microphone.

When Amazon first introduced their Alexa speaker, and Google followed with their own speaker, security experts warned that these devices could be turned around to spy on us, and that’s exactly what appears to be happening. While there are many good uses for adding sensors for home automation, the danger comes when they are being monitored and used by outside companies with an insatiable desire to know everything about us.

But there's even more. According to The Atlantic:

A second patent proposes a smart-home system that would help run the household, using sensors and cameras to restrict kids’ behavior. Parents could program a device to note if it overhears 'foul language' from children, scan internet usage for mature or objectionable content, or use 'occupancy sensors' to determine if certain areas of the house are accessed while they’re gone— for example, the liquor cabinet. The system could be set to 'change a smart lighting system color to red and flash the lights' as a warning to children or even power off lights and devices if they’re grounded.
“The language of these patents makes it clear that Google is acutely aware of the powers of inference it has already, even without cameras, by augmenting speakers to recognize the noises you make as you move around the house," The Atlantic wrote. "The auditory inferences are startling: Google’s smart-home system can infer 'if a household member is working' from 'an audio signature of keyboard clicking, a desk chair moving, and/or papers shuffling.' Google can make inferences on your mood based on whether it hears raised voices or crying, on when you’re in the kitchen based on the sound of the fridge door opening, on your dental hygiene based on 'the sounds and/or images of teeth brushing.'"

If you think our privacy is compromised now, just wait. Until there's some legislation passed to protect our privacy, there's no stopping companies such as Google and Facebook from learning everything about what we do and who we are and selling the information to advertisers, insurance companies, and eventually, any entity that will pay. After all, that's their business model.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/google-reveals-plans-to-monitor-our-moods-our-movements-and-our-childrens-behavior/

bblhead672
11-26-2018, 10:50
It's threads like this that make me ponder whether a CME or EMP event wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing......

Paslode
11-26-2018, 15:41
Planting damaging electronic shit and then publishing it...leaking it...investigating it...

Nasty, nasty potential in the wrong hands regarding this whole matter.

Along that slant, one of my brothers and my Dad are constantly tweaked by stuff they watch on CNN or absorbed through their social circle. My question to them is always what makes you believe that? Their answers always involve 'Everyone says so ', CNN and why would the media lie....They both are extremely excited each and every time Trump is on the verge of impeachment.

I love when people in my area talk about how much worse the weather is now compared to 30-40 years ago. How do you know? The weatherman said 6" is the most snow ever recorded! BS......we had 10"-14" here in the 1970's and 80's. It's hotter than it has ever been! More BS. How long have you lived in the area? Most have not lived here even close to 20 years.

The 2016 election....all my friends and family were pretty sure Trump was going to lose. With the exception of a sister and my Dad, all were voting for Trump and very excited about Trump. The vast majority of people I worked for were voting for Trump though most thought things weren't looking good. Their uneasiness about the election was largely due to media coverage and polling planting the idea that Trump was lagging far behind.

Right now, Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit is spinning that Kevin Yoder and Kris Kobach lost their elections in Kansas due to election fraud. That is not the case, they lost because because they lacked a solid message. Yoder didn't have a solid stance, he knee jerked his way to a loss. Breitbart absolutely hammered Yoder. Kobach lost because he ran a crappy campaign and allowed himself to be painted as Sam Brownback......there are a lot of people outside of Kansas who actually believe Kobach was Governor of Kansas and responsible for the budget troubles.

The vast majority of the people I interact with watch either Fox News or CNN, they read WSJ, NYT and/or the local bilge known as the KC Star and listen to NPR, Hannity or Rush. Some might venture out to USA Today, Newsweek or Time. Few if any expand to sources such as Breitbart, Media Matters, The Gateway Pundit, The Conservative Tree House, Politico, Daily Caller, The Hill, etc.....let alone PS.com, Laura Loomer, John Salomon, Sarah Carter, etc.

It's easy to plant those nuggets of falsehood when you limit your sources.

tonyz
11-26-2018, 15:54
It's easy to plant those nuggets of falsehood when you limit your sources.

And, a sophisticated plant of a false allegation (or incriminating information) has one spending an inordinate amount of time and maybe BIG money merely denying that falsehood.

Spending even bigger money and even more time to accomplish the difficult task of proving you did not do something. Especially, if due process is dead or on life support.

The current environment is ripe for some potentially serious problems.

Box
11-26-2018, 16:03
Say things enough and the unwashed masses will accept them as truths.

Yellow journalism has been the "bread and circuses" of the modern empire for over a hundred years.
Hell, I cant say it enough - the media gives a prize named for one of the founding fathers of yellow journalism - getting a Pulitzer Prize is a career achievement.

Of course, those people prefer to use the term tabloid journalism to sneer at 'The National Enquirer' and 'Weekly World News' - but the truth is, I have as much faith in the existence of 'Jo-Jo the Dog Faced Boy' as I do the existence of exploding Chevy pickup trucks.

The problem is - when a faction (ANY FACTION) decides that your freedom to "call bullshit" on these clowns needs to be curtailed - or in this case - you need to be assigned a 'social score' that illustrates your willingness to look the other way when the government (or media) is overtly full of shit.

The little kid in the 'Emperors New Clothes' would have been tarred and feathered under the current rules of liberal-groupthink

But then - 65 million aMEricans took the trouble to vote to prove that are eager to go down this road...

tonyz
11-26-2018, 16:22
But then - 65 million aMEricans took the trouble to vote to prove that are eager to go down this road...

65 million...65 friggen million...65 million thought BIGGOV Klinton (who cheated to beat the communist in the primary) that Klinton...the one who characterized Americans as “irredeemable” and “deplorable.”

Any doubt that Klinton (or any of her currently most likely successors) would happily assign a “score” to American citizens - it’s certainly more benign (and easier to sell) than calling you irredeemable or deplorable. Besides...she’s just trying to “get your mind right.”

“Shakin’ it here boss...”

Team Sergeant
11-26-2018, 16:41
Google and others have been doing something similar for years with their analytics programs and the sale of this data to the business world....

Exactly. The chinese are way behind. Google, fakebook and faketube et al have been collecting your data since you first started typing on the computer. Only way to stop the craziness, get off the internet.

Change your phone number once a year and your email, 5x a year. ;)

Get off the internet.:munchin

WarriorDiplomat
11-26-2018, 18:25
65 million...65 friggen million...65 million thought BIGGOV Klinton (who cheated to beat the communist in the primary) that Klinton...the one who characterized Americans as “irredeemable” and “deplorable.”

Any doubt that Klinton (or any of her currently most likely successors) would happily assign a “score” to American citizens - it’s certainly more benign (and easier to sell) than calling you irredeemable or deplorable. Besides...she’s just trying to “get your mind right.”

“Shakin’ it here boss...”

I suppose if I was super duper busy and the only news I watched was CNN and MSNBC I too might believe they were merely defending her from the mean heartless dishonest conservatives who take things out of context....like they do with Trump....if I had never been a soldier and watched the priorities change in watching terrorists groups to containing the countries Obama and Hitlery enabled like China, Russia, Mahgreb region, Iran, and our new support of the only other nation (Israel) it seems that keeps us informed on and also distrusts the middle eastern Muslim crazies. Or was not aware of the Clinton ascension, the rape charges on Bill or the racists comments both made throughout their time in Arkansas or the not so transparent evil in her presence......oh jeeez forget it the sheeple are so stupid and brainwashed that when they see a video they believe it was an actor and the whiole thing is a smear campaign against poor Hillary because she is a woman....I think.

WarriorDiplomat
11-26-2018, 18:32
It's not just searches. If you have a Gmail account, and I have one I keep as a "burn" account on which nothing goes that's important, the TEXT of your emails is read* & used by Google immediately. Send a note to a friend, mentioning some type of "thing" (that you wouldn't use in a million years or haven't used in decades), explaining a bit about it, and wait for the ads for THAT to pop up, absent any searches for it.

* besides going fully to the big data repository at Never Say Anything due to their hooks into the Telco central offices and through the most powerful domain name-servers... owned & run by Google.

Remember when we thought the "conspiracists" were crazy to believe in conspiracies? or when the name conspiracists became a bad name to label someone. I have to admit it but it appears the one world government and big brother are legitimate fears all it takes is a step back and look at the progression of things.....I knew about analytics programs from years ago at least 10+ yrs ago I was suspecting that those little helper ads were not accidental but the FBI cyber analysts confirmed it then I can only imagine what the world of computer geeks have concocted as far as futuristic population control measures.

Paslode
11-26-2018, 21:50
I can only imagine what the world of computer geeks have concocted as far as futuristic population control measures.

Think autonomous.....like drones, tanks, planes and Cyborgs like the Terminator.

Requiem
11-27-2018, 02:07
In one embodiment, this detection can occur, e.g., by analyzing microphone signals, detecting user movements (e.g., in front of a device), detecting openings and closings of doors or garage doors, detecting wireless signals, detecting an internet protocol (IP) address of a received signal, detecting operation of one or more devices within a time window, or the like. Moreover, the high-power processor 20 and the low-power processor 22 may include image recognition technology to identify particular occupants or objects.

In other words, the goal is to track us throughout the home — observing who is in each room, where we are moving, and what we are doing.[/url]

I can see this being used by employers to monitor their employees every moment on the job. Evaluations would be based on what the monitoring device has recorded about your productivity according to number of keystrokes typed, time in the chair, phone calls answered, cups of coffee consumed, bathroom breaks taken, and so on.

S.

Badger52
11-27-2018, 07:23
Get off the internet.:munchinAnd "Moscow Rules" when you are.

tonyz
11-27-2018, 09:31
I can see this being used by employers to monitor their employees every moment on the job. Evaluations would be based on what the monitoring device has recorded about your productivity according to number of keystrokes typed, time in the chair, phone calls answered, cups of coffee consumed, bathroom breaks taken, and so on.

S.

Concur. Calls centers essentially monitor much of this already.

“The Internet of things...”

The Borg will know and share your data...for what use? Who interprets the data?...some snot nosed little bureaucrat ?

Health insurance premiums.
Life insurance premiums.
Auto insurance premiums.
Mortgage rates.
Utility rates.
Water rates.

Entire categories will be created with silver, gold and platinum type ratings...the nightmare of identity politics with even more BS subcategories.

Badger52
11-27-2018, 09:57
Remember when we thought the "conspiracists" were crazy to believe in conspiracies? or when the name conspiracists became a bad name to label someone. I have to admit it but it appears the one world government and big brother are legitimate fears all it takes is a step back and look at the progression of things.....I knew about analytics programs from years ago at least 10+ yrs ago I was suspecting that those little helper ads were not accidental but the FBI cyber analysts confirmed it then I can only imagine what the world of computer geeks have concocted as far as futuristic population control measures.Remember when all the lofty thinkers came up with Total Information Awareness? And anyone who questioned the State (yes, I use that word again in a perjorative sense) was un-patriotic and wearing a tin-foil hat. Well, it kinda went away... and amazingly we now have what we see confronting us now. Exhibit Q:

Proposed law would let State search gun owner's social media and internet history.
(https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/proposed-law-would-let-state-search-gun-owner-s-social-media-and-internet-history/1610876946)(CBS NY) - A new act introduced in the New York State Assembly this month would require pistol owners to submit to a "social media review."

Anyone applying for, or renewing a pistol permit would have to give up all login information, including passwords, for any social media sites they're a part of.

Posts from the past three years on site like Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat would be reviewed for language containing slurs, racial/gender bias, threats and terrorism.

One year of search history on Google/Yahoo/Bing would also be reviewed.

tonyz
11-27-2018, 10:30
Proposed law would let State search gun owner's social media and internet history.
(https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/proposed-law-would-let-state-search-gun-owner-s-social-media-and-internet-history/1610876946)

All obvious cases aside - this seems to introduce an enormous amount of subjectivity into the “approval” process. Oh, my bad...the “disapproval” process.

PedOncoDoc
11-27-2018, 10:55
All obvious cases aside - this seems to introduce an enormous amount of subjectivity into the “approval” process. Oh, my bad...the “disapproval” process.

I'd love to see this go before the court as an infringement on fourth amendment rights. This seams an unreasonable search in an effort to limit second amendment rights...

Old Dog New Trick
11-27-2018, 12:09
I'd love to see this go before the court as an infringement on fourth amendment rights. This seams an unreasonable search in an effort to limit second amendment rights...

If this law were passed you wouldn’t have to wait for the courts to decide. That frog in the hot water would finally jump up and spit some Beechnut that dude’s eye and shoot ‘im down with an ol’ Colt 45.

That law would violate all things Constitutional and war would begin shortly thereafter.

Badger52
11-27-2018, 15:23
If this law were passed you wouldn’t have to wait for the courts to decide. That frog in the hot water would finally jump up and spit some Beechnut that dude’s eye and shoot ‘im down with an ol’ Colt 45.

That law would violate all things Constitutional and war would begin shortly thereafter.Several states already have some form of this in place. We've seen it advocated before that whacko's (who always turn out to be a person "known to authorities") shouldn't have weapons. So far I haven't heard of anyone who has petitioned on a rights violation based on not having opportunity to refute the allegation that caused their firearms to be pre-emptively confiscated. The absence of the opportunity for a person to refute or undergo an eval PRIOR to the taking of property by the State is troubling. And they vary, in terms of "safeguards" from state to state so the concept is - again - equal protection is out the window. Or maybe it's just that if a person got unjustly "swatted" under such a law they're currently broke from fighting it and can't afford counsel. (Hell, in a lot of jurisdictions one has to engage in separate court action to petition for the return of their firearm lawfully used in a self-defense situation.)

Hell... that's a whole 'nuther thread.
Oh. Wait....
:rolleyes:

Old Dog New Trick
11-27-2018, 16:09
The current “Red Flag” laws are a different level of abuse (Un-Constitutional abuse) than what this NY Act is attempting to impose. As with violations of second, fourth and first amendments this violates the fifth, and tenth amendments as well. Probably others if actually used to deny or cause undue hardship or equal protection under the law.

You are right, we need a high echelon lawyer to sue the police, state and responsible persons on someone’s behalf that had their weapons wrongfully taken because a family member reported them for revenge or whatever that didn’t meet the criteria but was acted upon out of “an abundance of caution.” And the whole law needs to go to the SCOTUS.

On topic, can you imagine Alexia or Google ease dropping on a domestic issue where voices are raised things get hot and while the “alleged” victim doesn’t call the police...Alexia or Google home speaker does?

Badger52
11-27-2018, 16:39
On topic, can you imagine Alexia or Google ease dropping on a domestic issue where voices are raised things get hot and while the “alleged” victim doesn’t call the police...Alexia or Google home speaker does?Yes, we already know those silly indulgences can eavesdrop. It's a matter of 'when', not 'if'.

tonyz
11-27-2018, 17:45
And the beat goes on...excerpts below, complete article at link.

Google accused of manipulation to track users
November 27, 2018
Phys.org

Seven European consumer groups filed complaints against Google with national regulators Tuesday, accusing the internet giant of covertly tracking users' movements in violation of an EU regulation on data protection.

The complaints cited a study by the Norwegian Consumer Council that concluded the Internet giant used "deceptive design and misleading information, which results in users accepting to be constantly tracked."

Council official Gro Mette Moen charged that "Google uses extremely detailed and comprehensive personal data without an appropriate judicial basis, and the data is acquired by means of manipulative techniques."

"Location data can reveal a lot about a person: real time movements, frequently visited places, daily routines, interests, etc," the Norwegian complaint said.
"Constant location tracking and aggregation of location data over time can be used to build very detailed profiles of individuals and to infer religious beliefs, political leanings, and sexual orientation, among other things," it added.

Monique Goyens, director general of The European Consumer Organisation said: "Google's data hunger is notorious but the scale with which it deceives its users to track and monetise their every move is breathtaking.

"The situation is more than alarming. Smartphones are being used for spying on our every move."

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-google-accused-track-users.html