PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

bblhead672
11-20-2018, 10:15
Still couple of days away, however I'm leaving the city for several days to hang out in the hills of southwest Texas with wife and daughter/son in law.

Despite the growing challenges to our freedom and liberty, I still have many things to be thankful for this week. Faith, family, health, friends and many others.

I am very thankful for the men and women who are serving the country from CONUS bases to far flung corners of the world, especially the Quiet Professionals. Thanks to all past and present.

I hope all here, especially the QP's and their families, have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

rsdengler
11-20-2018, 11:02
Still couple of days away, however I'm leaving the city for several days to hang out in the hills of southwest Texas with wife and daughter/son in law.

Despite the growing challenges to our freedom and liberty, I still have many things to be thankful for this week. Faith, family, health, friends and many others.

I am very thankful for the men and women who are serving the country from CONUS bases to far flung corners of the world, especially the Quiet Professionals. Thanks to all past and present.

I hope all here, especially the QP's and their families, have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

Awww....That sounds great! Have a wonderful time :)

I want to thank all those that are still so far away from home, and to those who continue to protect us in this great Country of ours. I will be somewhat alone, but thinking about everyone who cannot be with their loved ones for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving.....All be safe....and remember there are those of use who will always care, and will always be grateful:o

tonyz
11-20-2018, 15:29
Happy Thanksgiving all !

“For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.”

― Ralph Emerson

Swoop
11-21-2018, 05:57
Happy Thanksgiving to all who have served and those still serving.

A special thanks and prayers for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country and our freedoms and to their families.

God Bless and DOL

Golf1echo
11-21-2018, 08:02
I hope everyone has a very good Thanksgiving... nice food, friends, family and the awareness of our many blessings. Special thoughts for those that are deployed and their families, many blessings and successes.

echoes
11-21-2018, 15:03
Happy Thanksgiving to all who have served and those still serving.

A special thanks and prayers for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country and our freedoms and to their families.

God Bless and DOL

Agree Sir, 100%!

We are so Thankful for Our Brave SF Men!!!;)

Holly

Pete
11-21-2018, 15:41
Well, everybody is coming over to our place for the big Turkey feast on Thursday.

D3's boyfriend is bringing the Pumpkin Pie, D1 and husband will bring something that everyone hates but will take a small amount of - the rest is on us. Down to one stove this year so the ham will cook out on the grill. Indirect heat off to the far side.

SF_BHT
11-21-2018, 17:50
Breaking my stead fast rule of flying during thanksgiving. Sitting in Houston waiting for the next connection to KY. Dad is getting up there so I bit the bullet and am putting up with turkey day airport crazy.

Looking forward to seeing him and some of the rest of the family.

Hope all have a fine turkey day tomorrow.

Requiem
11-21-2018, 19:20
Safe travels for those of you who are on your way to be with loved ones. Count your blessings that you still have those people in your life (even if they drive you nuts sometimes) and raise a glass to them.

Our thanks and tender thoughts to all those away from home serving our country. Your place here at home is missed and we raise a glass to you.

Many thanks to those who serve here at home and have to work the holiday to keep us safe and healthy. May your shift be an easy one and the break room be full of goodies. We raise a glass to you!

Happiest of Thanksgivings to all.

Cheers!

Susan