PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Party

Sdiver
01-28-2005, 11:20
What do you put out for your parties?

Standard chips and dips with a keg sitting next to the Laz-e-boy....

Or is it one of those BYOB parties ?

Squidly
01-28-2005, 11:41
I'm going for some Jewish soul food. Usually do the chips/dip/cracker/cheese etc...
but I'm going to splurge this year http://www.pastrami.net/. Sent a gift basket to my stepdad at Christmas and he said it was great. I'm throwing in some pastrami as well. That and some Newcastle Brown Ale. I live in Arkansas and if I want something like this I have to order it out of state. Some of the famous NYC delis have online nationwide ordering like Katz's, 2nd Ave Deli, The Carnegie Deli, Barney Greengrass. Alcohol and cholesterol for the Superbowl.

Back to lurking....

bberkley
01-28-2005, 12:06
Last year I did an 8 lb. Pork Shoulder on the rotisserie for about 8 hours basting every hour with a Vinegar-based mop.

Eastern NC-style pulled pork BBQ. Good stuff. Served on buns with some cole-slaw on it. Most of the people at the party I went to had never had that kind of BBQ before.

I need a proper smoker so I can do it right.

aricbcool
01-28-2005, 17:24
My Dad and I usually just do pizza and beer (and maybe some buffalo wings thrown in for good measure). It's not too fancy, but it gets the job done. =0)

--Aric

Roguish Lawyer
01-28-2005, 19:04
Totally depends. What kind of party and who is coming?

Sweetbriar
01-28-2005, 20:45
Semi-potluck. I provide chilli, chips and dips, a dessert and sweet tea. Everyone else needs to bring something. I can rely on one fellow to pick up hotwings, another for cokes, etc. and so forth, and one unique individual to bring his favourite canned macaroni and cheese. We always have more than we can fit on the tables and plenty to take home. Mind you, this is the South and every single person cooks with a view to feed twenty.

Sweetbriar
02-16-2005, 16:36
Postscript:
One of the guys at our party judges all social functions based on the sheer quantity of available food. Good guy, but he definately has his standards. This year we had two tables full of stuff, not counting the drink table, and everyone stacked up like cordwood in the living room watching the game. (Small house.) He sent the following note around our list: "We had a great Super Bowl party. Possibly the best ever. Thanks D******!" We didn't see him again until Valentines where he showed up in time for the food, made a second plate to take home, and left again! LOL

There may be gourmet guerrilla's here, but they are a rare breed on the planet.
:rolleyes:

Sdiver
01-29-2007, 15:33
Bump

Instead of starting a new thread, and with the upcoming BEARS Victory this Sunday......

Who's throwing a Super Bowl party and what ya puttin' out ???

:munchin

x SF med
01-29-2007, 16:15
Totally depends. What kind of party and who is coming?

A bunch of QPs to abuse your Flat Panel big screen, drink your beer and Bourbon, smoke all your cigars, yell and scare all the cats and women in your house. What kind of food will you have for us? When do you pick us up at the airport?

Remember to lock up all your firearms and sharp pointy objects, and give the key to the CatWoman for safe keeping.

Roguish Lawyer
01-29-2007, 19:50
A bunch of QPs to abuse your Flat Panel big screen, drink your beer and Bourbon, smoke all your cigars, yell and scare all the cats and women in your house. What kind of food will you have for us? When do you pick us up at the airport?

Remember to lock up all your firearms and sharp pointy objects, and give the key to the CatWoman for safe keeping.

I am not sure the QPs could handle an all-out party hosted by me. :munchin :D

Razor
01-29-2007, 20:17

Because of the multi-page legal disclaimer and release form that requires a signature on each page...in triplicate?:p

Roguish Lawyer
01-29-2007, 20:19
Because of the multi-page legal disclaimer and release form that requires a signature on each page...in triplicate?:p

LOL, see, Razor knows how to respond to "please don't throw me in dat der briar patch!"

Goggles Pizano
01-30-2007, 07:11
Damn, now that was fun-ny!

I'm setting out a 6 ft. Italian hoagie and two crock pots of chili. Of course beer IV's for all! :D

CDRODA396
01-30-2007, 11:23
I have never thrown the soiree, I get myself invited to one...you know, "By, Through, With!"

However, I really like it when someone puts out a huge variety of finger foods...hot wings, little smokies, meat/cheese platter with crackers, chips/dip, so I can chose depending on my mood!

x SF med
01-30-2007, 11:25

Yeah probably too many of your liberal Dem friends would show, and there might be a battle royale.....:rolleyes: