PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for Electronic Payments?

JJ_BPK
09-11-2018, 10:19
I have used PayPal for years and no problems BUTT people are now suggesting other forms of electric payment.

What do you use?

Thanks

Paslode
09-11-2018, 14:53
I have a Apple Pay account but have never used it. I use PayPal and Debit/Credit card.

JJ_BPK
09-11-2018, 15:37
My daughter in London lives by Apple Pay. Will probably move to it at some time for commercial purchases.

But I also do a lot of personal buys on gun forums and a lot of people are getting bumped off PP when they see you buy WMD in the comments.

Zellle seems to have a good rep and 2nd A safe, for now.

Also, most banks are now offering this type of payment and Zelle is the backbone.

Paslode
09-11-2018, 20:41
Considering the recent payment processor assault on gun dealers and purge alternative media I am concerned with Apple Pay and all forms of payment aside from cash becoming the Judge, Jury and Executioner for many of our freedoms.

At this moment they can make it difficult for you to purchase, read or listen to things or people that do not fit their agenda.

On top of that Google and others are using our purchase records to sell advertising and who knows what else. Google and Facebook are lobbying for access to our banking and healthcare records.

It's the all seeing eye of big brother.

JJ_BPK
09-12-2018, 06:03
Considering the recent payment processor assault on gun dealers and purge alternative media I am concerned with Apple Pay and all forms of payment aside from cash becoming the Judge, Jury and Executioner for many of our freedoms.

At this moment they can make it difficult for you to purchase, read or listen to things or people that do not fit their agenda.

On top of that Google and others are using our purchase records to sell advertising and who knows what else. Google and Facebook are lobbying for access to our banking and healthcare records.

It's the all seeing eye of big brother.

Agreed, in total..

The bane of technology :mad:

In the UK, going money free is rampant. Just about everything including the smallest curry shop is money free, only accepting swipes.

I think for this interim period of say 5yrs, you will need a couple brands in the USA. Then your bank will settle on THE ONE AND ONLY process.

Then, instead of issuing you a CC, they will issue an app to your mobile device.

Unfortunately, my banks have not got on the band-wagon, but they do "allow" me to pick whomever I want, even multiples.

:munchin

Badger52
09-12-2018, 06:34
Tagged, as it's an interesting ponderable. I don't. Checked 'other'. The only thing that resembles that is my CC, thru my CU, which I pay as needed at their desk when I stop by, payment reflected at the speed of light. Other stuff done via ca$h, or if it needs to be mailed (free) MO from the CU.

It's about infrastructure. At one time or another we can joke about some event where "yeah, they're not going to be happy when the EBT cards don't work." More use of this just increases the demographic of those affected. Not deriding those who do that, it's a personal decision; just not a thing that works for me.
[/curmudgeon]
:)

Flagg
09-12-2018, 13:09
I use PayPal on occasion.

I do NOT use Apple Pay.

EFTPOS is big down here in NZ(no consumer fee electronic bank card use)

Credit Card but with RFID/NFC tocuhless transactions turned off.

Stripe looks promising.

There’s still great scope for peer to peer payment solutions in FinTec.

But sadly, Amazon, Apple, and Google will dictate our options as well.

Requiem
09-12-2018, 14:34
Use PayPal mostly as a payment option when clients request it. I'm not a fan of it.

Guymullins
09-14-2018, 09:43
I have used PayPal for years and no problems BUTT people are now suggesting other forms of electric payment.

What do you use?

Thanks

I began using PayPal because of Amazon refusing to send my book royalties by electronic transfer but insisted on sending cheques to me in Africa. These could take up to 8 weeks to clear. I got Amazon to pay my brother in London by EFT and he would send on the money via PayPal. It is relatively painless. Bank commission is low but converting currencies is a pain in the neck. One has to convert for instance Rupees into Dollars then to Rand and each step is a series of non-logical steps, then you wait 8 days for the money to reflect in your home account.

Sdiver
09-14-2018, 12:17
Use PayPal mostly as a payment option when clients request it. I'm not a fan of it.

I'm the same way.
NOT a big fan of it, or really any other from of electronic payment.

TJ11B
09-14-2018, 15:49
I've used paypal in the past, no problems here.

Swoop
09-14-2018, 16:00
I’ve used PayPal as well for a number of years and never had any issues.

JJ_BPK
09-15-2018, 05:50
My problem is multifold

1)vendors & civilians are being chased away from PP, BASED ON SJW's

2)THE WORLD is moving to the new paradigm of phone app c-card swiping.

I will continue PP and deal with the SJW
I will stay with Apple products(it's my kids & G-kids), so I may use apple pay

BUTT,,, Until the banking industry normalizes "swiping" apps, there will be non-integrated systems. EG: Apple pay will not send money to a Venmo account.

Additionally, as noted, the banks are trying to be SJW and playing with ANTI-2nd A

I suspect they will get into other SJW venues, Like not allowing contributions to a political party based on "COMMUNITY STANDARDS"

:mad::mad::mad:

Mustang Man
09-15-2018, 08:22
Cashless fast dining restaurants have been slowly popping up in NYC. I tried paying cash at one with out knowing and they told me to use card or some app. The idea defintley helps with speed, efficiency, and cutting costs. I just can't help but not like the idea of going cashless, it's not just NYC also. Someone was telling London has the same trend.