PDA

View Full Version : Timely and appropriate response by James Woods

Stobey
09-05-2018, 11:10
James woods tweeted a very appropriate response to the Nike/Kaepernick idiocy. It is worth showing here.

JJ_BPK
09-05-2018, 11:42
I have been watching the ticker for a couple days to see if there is a measurable impact.

And there is.. But not what you want. The day traders are jumping in & out every couple hrs. If you play the game you can pop a 1/2 buck gain 2-3 times a day, playing 2-3K shares that, will add up.

Interest data point. Nike has run up from a low of 50USD to over 83USD, or cash value
of 80 billion to 134.4 billion..

Net Net,, They don't really care if the stock drops 20-30%. The large holders are still in the green. And I'm talking about the mutual funds and pension holders.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If, I say IF the mud stays stirred for 4 months, thru the Christmas season there may be a real impact.

MR2
09-05-2018, 12:43
All I want for Christmas is a bankrupt Nike...

bblhead672
09-05-2018, 18:12
All I want for Christmas is a bankrupt Nike...

Right after the Thanksgiving treat of a bankrupt Dick's!

Paslode
09-05-2018, 18:40
Right after the Thanksgiving treat of a bankrupt Dick's!

It's just a matter of time for Dick's.

Flagg
09-05-2018, 21:35
Business schools have been increasing focus on behavioural economics in recent decades.

25 years ago you would get laughed out of an economics conference discussing it.

5 years ago(AND last year for predictable human irrationality) the Nobel Prize was awarded for it.

Merging legit predictable human behaviour with economics has become a real science(sort of).

I'm starting to think a subset of behavioural economics is going to be(or already is, in this case):

partisan economics

Nike management and board have a legal fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

My guess is that this SJW campaign was tested with experimental groups and the result was net positive.

If not, they could get successfully sued.

If I'm as right as I am cynical, there are marketing teams experimenting with artificially created "outrage" to get their message heard above the noise.

Basically, corporations knowingly choosing sides in the current political divide in America, not so much for "moral" reasons, but strictly short term financial.

The marketing analytics tests say we should do X to create artificial outrage Y, for profit Z, and screw the consequences and all those on the other side of the divide.

If true, it would certainly magnify the fake news, hot button, car crash rubber neck issues today.

ProudGSMom
09-05-2018, 23:34
Flagg, but a couple other thoughts I’d like to add to the mix.

Nike headquarters is in Portland, as is their ad firm, Wieden+Kennedy, so any testing of ads would be in that decidedly liberal milieu. Meaning, no real relation to the mainstream America that has tanked Dick’s and caused NFL viewership to plummet. It is possible this is a colossal financial misstep on Nikes’ part.

Then again, I don’t know the demographics of those who wear Nike products. Perhaps they aren’t playing to an echo chamber, or rather, their customers exist in that chamber.

Last hard class
09-06-2018, 03:26
Dick's and Nike are two different beasts. Nike has a far better appreciation for its core customers than Dick's.

This article from Inc. sums it up well IMO.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/heres-data-that-proves-nikes-colin-kaepernick-ad-is-seriously-smart-marketing.html

LHC

JJ_BPK
09-06-2018, 03:59
Dick's and Nike are two different beasts. Nike has a far better appreciation for its core customers than Dick's.

LHC

Not sure appreciation is the word, I think "got'm by the balls" is closer.

Nike has wedged themselves into every sports venue on the planet, from your G-Kids T-ball thru colleges to the Pros.

The educational system's sport management (read: K-12 SJW) that insists you buy Nike uniforms, shoes, & field gear, so your kids become bulletin boards for the brand.

Everyone involved is getting millions of dollars in salary and/or kickbacks.

Think about this:

Nike stock is up 50% this year,, after 2 YEARS of kneeling at games.

Flagg
09-06-2018, 04:07

This article from Inc. sums it up well IMO.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/heres-data-that-proves-nikes-colin-kaepernick-ad-is-seriously-smart-marketing.html

LHC

Good article, cheers for sharing.

I just listened to a podcast that covered Subaru’s recovery from near financial ruin.

They did so by starting to focus on narrower customer personas, such as lesbians.

The high discretionary income and highly focused ads targeting lesbians was a genuine game changer for Subaru, helping bring them back from the brink of financial ruin.

Quite an interesting story.

It had nothing to do with SJW, it was all about the money.

——-

Anywho, I hope the partisan stand being made by companies lately doesn’t spread TOO far.

Nike and Starbucks might be much bigger and have more cash, but Black Rifle Coffee Company has a much higher growth rate, more guns, and far better hostile takeover capability.

I remember the 80’s news stories around the “Cola Wars”.

I never thought corporate wars would ever go kinetic. :)

rsdengler
09-06-2018, 05:01
Exactly, it's always about the money. I never have, and never will buy a Nike product. Hey, I'm cheap I don't feel like spending my money on their over priced clothing or shoes. Plus, I am not an "urban, liberal" brain washed idiot.

Colin KaeperDick is another moron who makes millions of dollars for playing a sport from Sept-Jan. And by the way, he is a below average quarterback. Justice, right who is the hypocrite? If you want to stand for something, then put your millions where your mouth spews your hateful propaganda and volunteer for a worth while cause. Why don't you take a month and ride with a Police Department in the crap cities of this Country, or use your money for youth programs, or visit Veterans Hospitals. Yea, take a stand when you only have a one-sided view of the world and have no intention of seeing all sides. It's laughable, and disgusting when one individual who has never really sacrificed a damn thing in his life dictates to the masses on social awareness. Talk about being privileged, Athletes like Entertainers think they are above everyone else. No wonder this Country is so F'd up....:munchin

JJ_BPK
09-06-2018, 08:46
This is what might get their attention.
Along with the other Bazillion schools, colleges, and junior sports venues.

Keep an eye on your local school board meeting agendas.

College of the Ozarks Drops Nike over Kaepernick Ad Campaign

A college in Missouri has decided to “choose its country over company,” and do away with all athletic uniforms which display the Nike logo.

The College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Missouri, has chosen to part ways with Nike over the company’s decision to make anthem protester Colin Kaepernick, the face of their new ad campaign.

“In their new ad campaign, we believe Nike executives are promoting an attitude of division and disrespect toward America,” College of the Ozarks President Jerry C. Davis explained.

“If Nike is ashamed of America, we are ashamed of them. We also believe that those who know what sacrifice is all about are more likely to be wearing a military uniform than an athletic uniform.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/09/05/college-of-the-ozarks-drops-nike-over-kaepernick-ad-campaign/

PSM
09-06-2018, 10:20
Time for the military academies to drop them, too.

Flagg
09-06-2018, 13:33
This is what might get their attention.
Along with the other Bazillion schools, colleges, and junior sports venues.

Keep an eye on your local school board meeting agendas.

On a semi-related note, College of the Ozarks is a really interesting college.

Tuition is free, but all students must work something like 15-ish Hours per week to earn their keep.

Unbeatable value for dollar + character building thru earning your keep.

Best value in education.

Flagg
09-06-2018, 13:37
Exactly, it's always about the money. I never have, and never will buy a Nike product. Hey, I'm cheap I don't feel like spending my money on their over priced clothing or shoes. Plus, I am not an "urban, liberal" brain washed idiot.

Colin KaeperDick is another moron who makes millions of dollars for playing a sport from Sept-Jan. And by the way, he is a below average quarterback. Justice, right who is the hypocrite? If you want to stand for something, then put your millions where your mouth spews your hateful propaganda and volunteer for a worth while cause. Why don't you take a month and ride with a Police Department in the crap cities of this Country, or use your money for youth programs, or visit Veterans Hospitals. Yea, take a stand when you only have a one-sided view of the world and have no intention of seeing all sides. It's laughable, and disgusting when one individual who has never really sacrificed a damn thing in his life dictates to the masses on social awareness. Talk about being privileged, Athletes like Entertainers think they are above everyone else. No wonder this Country is so F'd up....:munchin

When I was recently in the US I picked up some Nike stuff for my wife/kids on sale.

I’m not interested in buying more.

To me, I associated Nike with high performance athletics.

Politics pollutes that considerably.

Performance trumps partisan position statements in my opinion.

Flagg
09-06-2018, 13:44
Flagg, but a couple other thoughts I’d like to add to the mix.

Nike headquarters is in Portland, as is their ad firm, Wieden+Kennedy, so any testing of ads would be in that decidedly liberal milieu. Meaning, no real relation to the mainstream America that has tanked Dick’s and caused NFL viewership to plummet. It is possible this is a colossal financial misstep on Nikes’ part.

Then again, I don’t know the demographics of those who wear Nike products. Perhaps they aren’t playing to an echo chamber, or rather, their customers exist in that chamber.

I suspect Nike(with such a massive global presence and supply chain) would be running many Marketing tests across national markets to estimate campaign performance.

It certainly sounds like brands are moving into the space of “what I wear is what I believe(politically)”

Which is kind of sad.

To me it feels a lot like similar behaviour we have with sports team brands.

Following sports is fun and all, but I’ve always felt kind of sad for those who feel the need to continuously broadcast their identity/affinity group/tribe like walking billboards.

Real belonging(which we all strive for and arguably need) has far more depth than a sports jersey or brand “swoosh”.

tonyz
09-06-2018, 15:41
It certainly sounds like brands are moving into the space of “what I wear is what I believe(politically)”

Which is kind of sad.

Lol, oh it’s not all bad...wearing HK, Glock, SIG and others...

“...just shoot it !!”;)

Golf1echo
09-06-2018, 18:00
Is Hale Bopp due to come around again? Nike has had a few messiahs, Colin kind of looks like Marshal Applewhite.
...we can only hope :D

https://timeline.com/the-heavens-gate-mass-suicide-7f440ab4b333

Penn
09-12-2018, 10:16
We received this today.

Cobwebs
09-26-2018, 16:37
I was eating at a sports bar/restaurant in Rockford Michigan when the news came on about Nike and Kapernick... I remembered I was wearing Nike shoes...after dinner as we exited I sat down at a bench adjacent to restaurant and took off the shoes and hung them from a tree.
Many people walking by began cheering and taking pictures. Another patron leaving saw my shoes and hung his Nikes next to mine. I urge everyone to start a Nike tree in their hometown.... F them...:mad:

r

Requiem
07-02-2019, 00:04
Nike pulls it's latest sneaker from stores after Kaepernick objects to the American flag on them. Shame on Nike for catering to that over-privileged POS.

I have a firecracker I'd like to put somewhere enlightening...

Just don’t do it.

That was the message ex-NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick delivered to Nike over the planned release of a USA-themed sneaker, which featured a Betsy Ross flag on the heel, according to a report.

Nike nixed the released of the Air Max 1 USA after having already sent the sneakers to retailers because the protesting quarterback said he felt the use of the Betsy Ross flag was offensive and carried slavery connotations, sources told The Wall Street Journal. Source. (https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross)

S.

cbtengr
07-02-2019, 05:40
Nike pulls it's latest sneaker from stores after Kaepernick objects to the American flag on them. Shame on Nike for catering to that over-privileged POS.

Source. (https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross)

S.

Nike has given him way to much say when it comes to dictating their brand, it's all or nothing with that guy. F*** Nike and him.

glebo
07-02-2019, 06:07
So...who's paying who??? If Nike is paying Klusterfuck to advertise and sponsorship, and Klusterfuck dictates what Nike can market????

When did that shit change???

Box
07-02-2019, 06:25
So - I had a pair of NIke shoes that were cursed to serving as yard duty shoes when they pulled that shit with Colon Cleptonick - now they will just go in the trash.

The stink from my feet deserves better than Nike.

bblhead672
07-02-2019, 08:38
So - I had a pair of NIke shoes that were cursed to serving as yard duty shoes when they pulled that shit with Colon Cleptonick - now they will just go in the trash.

The stink from my feet deserves better than Nike.

If Nike made toilet paper, I wouldn't wipe my ass with it.

JJ_BPK
07-02-2019, 09:13
So...who's paying who??? If Nike is paying Klusterfuck to advertise and sponsorship, and Klusterfuck dictates what Nike can market????

When did that shit change???

If the Army pays the E4-Mafia,, does the SMG listen to their whining??

Nike is afraid of the SJWers :mad:

rsdengler
07-02-2019, 09:16
Nike and KaeperDICK....All I have to say is "You can Both Kiss My Little White Ass"......Happy 4th of July; that Red, White, and Blue Flag will be flying high and proud this Holiday. I think a few firecrackers shoved up their lackey asses would be a nice ending to any good fireworks finale........Light Em Up...Happy 4th.....:D

PSM
07-02-2019, 10:09
Arizona Gov. Ducey to pull Nike incentives over Colin Kaepernick controversy

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5)-- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced Tuesday that he is ordering the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentives for Nike, who wants to build a manufacturing plant in Goodyear.

The Arizona Governor made the announcement in a series of tweets following a Wall Street Journal report that said former NFL player Colin Kaepernick urged Nike to pull a USA-themed sneaker, which featured a Betsy Ross flag. According to the report, Kaepernick and others found the shoe offensive.

"Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured an old version of the American flag," Nike said in a statement to CNN Business Monday evening.

Ducey tweeted that "today was supposed to be a good day in Arizona, with the announcement of a major Nike investment in Goodyear, AZ."
"And then this news broke yesterday afternoon. Words cannot express my disappointment at this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike," Ducey added. "Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government and free enterprise have allowed them to prosper and flourish. Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism."

Ducey tweeted that "It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it."
"Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours. I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here"

Gov. Ducey stated the state's economy is doing "just fine" without Nike and added Arizona doesn't need to "suck up to companies that that consciously denigrate our nation’s history."

"And finally, it shouldn’t take a controversy over a shoe for our kids to know who Betsy Ross is. A founding mother. Her story should be taught in all American schools. In the meantime, it’s worth googling her."

This news comes just after the Goodyear City Council unanimously approved the shoemaker's plan to open a multi-dollar manufacturing facility during a meeting on Monday night.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/gov-ducey-to-pull-nike-plant-incentives-over-colin-kaepernick/article_d9b2fa92-9cbd-11e9-96ee-2b6e1d0335c4.html#utm_source=azfamily.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Flists%2Fmorning-news-update%2F%3F-dc%3D1562072409&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

My one and only pair, about 30 years ago, fell apart in about 3 months. I've never even tried on a pair since then.

They would just infect AZ with their Left Coast propaganda anyway.

cat in the hat
07-02-2019, 11:11
Converse has many options of red white and blue including many with US flags.

Someone posted a link to a pair a while back and I figured that they would last for every Fourth of July for the rest of my life.

PedOncoDoc
07-02-2019, 13:44
If he protests the Betsy Ross shoes based on the logic of the flag being a product of an era of slavery, I wonder about his thoughts on the constitution and the rights he is provided therein...

Box
07-02-2019, 14:21
Its Americas fault that Colon Camperwiggle wasn't a first round draft pick

Its Americas fault that Colon Pumpernickel only got to be a starting quarterback because a BETTER guy sustained a concussion halfway through the season.

Its Americas fault that Coalbin Humperdink didn't get a superbowl ring.

Its Americas fault that the NFL had already fined him twice for his do-as-you-will behavior BEFORE America forced him to start taking a knee

Its Americas fault that the 49'ers were 28-30 while he was part of the team.

Its Americas fault that after getting his job as starting QB, his team STOPPED going to the super bowl -

Its Americas fault that after his first full years as a starter, his team failed to make it to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.

Its Americas fault that he couldnt keep his job as the starting QB

Its Americas fault that when he opted out of his contract to be a free agent, the world didnt beat a path to his door with 100 million dollar contracts for him to be a starting QB.

Its ALL Americas fault.

Well - for a guy with Psalm-18 on his arm and a chip on his shoulder for his fellow man - may the LORD reward him according to his righteousness

Requiem
07-02-2019, 14:33
If he protests the Betsy Ross shoes based on the logic of the flag being a product of an era of slavery, I wonder about his thoughts on the constitution and the rights he is provided therein...

He and that AOC chick would make a great couple. :p

Colin: Honey, you can't wear those flag-themed panties. Don't you know about Betsy Ross and slavery?

AOC: Betsy Ross? The founder of Ross Dress for Less? OMG, she had slaves?!!

Colin: No Dimples, she was a designer.

AOC: And Ross carries her clothing line? OMG! Organize a protest! I'll practice my cry-baby face right now.

Colin: That's my girl.

Stupidity with no bounds. Think of the children. No, wait. These two shouldn't procreate.

JJ_BPK
07-02-2019, 14:43
Quote of the week :lifter

Its Americas fault that Colon Camperwiggle wasn't a first round draft pick

Its Americas fault that Colon Pumpernickel only got to be a starting quarterback because a BETTER guy sustained a concussion halfway through the season.

Its Americas fault that Coalbin Humperdink didn't get a superbowl ring.

Its Americas fault that the NFL had already fined him twice for his do-as-you-will behavior BEFORE America forced him to start taking a knee

Its Americas fault that the 49'ers were 28-30 while he was part of the team.

Its Americas fault that after getting his job as starting QB, his team STOPPED going to the super bowl -

Its Americas fault that after his first full years as a starter, his team failed to make it to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.

Its Americas fault that he couldnt keep his job as the starting QB

Its Americas fault that when he opted out of his contract to be a free agent, the world didnt beat a path to his door with 100 million dollar contracts for him to be a starting QB.

Its ALL Americas fault.

Well - for a guy with Psalm-18 on his arm and a chip on his shoulder for his fellow man - may the LORD reward him according to his righteousness

tonyz
07-02-2019, 16:56

Source. (https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross)

S.

Nike = Dead to Me

bblhead672
07-03-2019, 07:37
James Woods Releases New Statement About Twitter Suspending Him
https://www.dailywire.com/news/47033/james-woods-releases-new-statement-about-twitter-ryan-saavedra

Guess the man got under the skin of Twitter's leftist monitors too many times.