PDA

View Full Version : Are you masculine?

Last hard class
09-01-2018, 09:03
It seems Walmart wants to expand the definition of masculinity. I was watching ESPN the other day when the below advertisement popped on the TV. This company is wholly owned by Walmart . I guess I'm just an old dinosaur. Because it seemed to me these guys could use a little testosterone therapy. Then again my dictionary is not new either.

http://creativity-online.com/work/bonobos-evolvethedefinition/55049

LHC

Guymullins
09-01-2018, 10:20
It seems Walmart wants to expand the definition of masculinity. I was watching ESPN the other day when the below advertisement popped on the TV. This company is wholly owned by Walmart . I guess I'm just an old dinosaur. Because it seemed to me these guys could use a little testosterone therapy. Then again my dictionary is not new either.

LHC

Why would anyone call their company Bonobos a type of Chimpanzee?
If they can't get the species right, why would they get the gender right?

JJ_BPK
09-01-2018, 10:28
Sound and looks like they are trying to define the new feminity??

BUTT my dictionary is ole too... :mad:

cbtengr
09-01-2018, 12:04
It was as if they had all heard the word for the first time.

TWITCHY
09-01-2018, 14:16
My reply: “Is there a mustache in Mexico?!”

Their conformity to “non-conformity” is appalling and, sadly, expected. I do not have a son to teach how to be a masculine man; however, my daughter will know what a man should be - both from my good and bad examples (I try to emphasize the good and apologize for the bad).

Twitchy

exsquid
09-01-2018, 17:54
This is why I haven't grown a beard even though I don't have to shave anymore. Too many skinny jean wearing hipster types growing mega beards so they can feel more manly. At least one of those men in that commercial was actually a woman and several were what we considered in the old days to be flamboyantly gay. When I was a teenager I worked in the fine dining restaurant industry which is notorious for being very gay friendly so I knew a fair number of openly gay men. The funny thing is, most of them were more masculine than a lot of straight guys I see today.

x/S

miclo18d
09-02-2018, 00:41
This is why I haven't grown a beard even though I don't have to shave anymore. Too many skinny jean wearing hipster types growing mega beards so they can feel more manly. At least one of those men in that commercial was actually a woman and several were what we considered in the old days to be flamboyantly gay. When I was a teenager I worked in the fine dining restaurant industry which is notorious for being very gay friendly so I knew a fair number of openly gay men. The funny thing is, most of them were more masculine than a lot of straight guys I see today.

x/Sall you need to know is this line....

JJ_BPK
09-02-2018, 05:21

x/S

There is the Santa gig?
Not full time
Crazy Customers
Supplied uniforms
Off-Season unemployment checks

Just saying :munchin

cat in the hat
09-02-2018, 11:25
Of course not, you are an inefectual panzy who expects the world to be nice to you and accept your shortcomings as natural and make allowances for inability to overcome your own failures.

How is being strong, aggressive or powereful" a negative?
Like anything else, masculinity (at least as these fools present it) is just another tool that some make use of. Like anything else it comes down tools how it is used (like a gun in the right hands)

Pete
09-02-2018, 12:26
If you don't meet standards - change them until you do.

Works for some.

PSM
09-02-2018, 12:54
Bonobos: Pygmy Chimps. Sounds right.

Razor
09-02-2018, 18:38
Perhaps the fact that bonobos are known for wide-spread (no pun intended) homosexual behavior (and the gay community constantly point to this as some kind scientific proof that being gay is normal) played a part in the company selecting this name?

TJ11B
09-03-2018, 05:35
What the hell did I just watch? I just kept waiting for the Tampax commercial to start. :D

bblhead672
09-03-2018, 08:37
Wide array of male progressives...they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. One common characteristic - no brain.

PedOncoDoc
09-04-2018, 07:33
Wide array of male progressives...they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. One common characteristic - no brain.

Also, testosterone levels are probably bottomed out from strangulation of their testicles by their skinny jeans - at least that might help keep them from reproducing...

doctom54
09-04-2018, 12:07
Also, testosterone levels are probably bottomed out from strangulation of their testicles by their skinny jeans - at least that might help keep them from reproducing...

LMAO

rsdengler
09-05-2018, 06:38

LOL....Too Funny...Nope, don’t worry, those skinny-legged jean wearing sissies can never be defined as “Masculine”. So reproduction is non-existent in their case. Might as well be categorized as “Eunuchs” with Vagina Envy.:munchin

Old Dog New Trick
09-06-2018, 19:15
The new Captain Marvel is super masculine!

If the new Superman and new Wonder-woman had a child it would be Mar-Vel (I guess that’s like Jamie-Lynn or something.) Then she’d just have earn the rank of Captain in some combat arms branch like the Marine Coprs or Rangers.

GratefulCitizen
09-06-2018, 19:31
Bonobos.
How appropriate.

The matriarchy of the great apes.
IIRC, the only reason they survive is because they're cut off from competition by major rivers (an inland island).

Have to double-check to be sure, but bonobos are being actively protected by scientists studying them.
Throw some regular "hyper-masculine" chimps on that island, and they would kill and conquer.

Hard to find a more fitting moniker.

<edit>

First part of this clip nails it.
They want to redefine masculinity because, under current previous standards, they couldn't compete.

xyxyhttps://youtu.be/ZBK8QktuViw

Team Sergeant
09-09-2018, 22:04

LHC

Why?

ESPN is worse than CNN/MSNBC.

Texas14
09-10-2018, 07:56
My 19 year old son came from from his freshman year at UNC this past May. I told him to leave his dirty clothes by the washer and I'd get them in the morning. I found a pair of skinny jeans in his laundry. He still thinks he left them on campus.

By the way, if you cut them right, skinny jeans make excellent bore patches for your muzzle loader or shotgun. They kept jamming up in my rifles, though.