PDA

View Full Version : "First Man" movie

Pete
08-30-2018, 13:58
So they made a movie about the first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong.

Of course the Actor is a Canadian but there's more....

Seems the trip was for all the people of Earth so they cut any American Flag parts out of the movie.

Change history to make a political statement.

I'll pass.

"Canadian ‘First Man’ actor defends omitting American flag planting on moon: Achievement ‘transcended countries and borders’"

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/canadian-first-man-actor-defends-omitting-american-flag-planting-on-moon-achievement-transcended-countries-and-borders/

JJ_BPK
08-30-2018, 14:26
"Canadian ‘First Man’ actor defends omitting American flag planting on moon: Achievement ‘transcended countries and borders’"

Everyone gets a prize :mad:

tonyz
08-30-2018, 14:44
First man on the moon was an American - an exceptional achievement.

It is disappointing and wrong for the film depiction to not to show the American Flag being planted on the lunar surface by the first man on the moon. How could you not show that moment?

It seems fashionable today to deride America and Americans.

Old Dog New Trick
08-30-2018, 14:55
John F. Kennedy would be (should be) upset.

“For the eyes the world now look into space, to the moon and to the planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace,”

You all can search for the rest of the Rice University “Moon speech” one of the best ever given that pits the United States of America against all others. America FIRST!

Flagg
08-30-2018, 22:27
So they made a movie about the first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong.

Of course the Actor is a Canadian but there's more....

Seems the trip was for all the people of Earth so they cut any American Flag parts out of the movie.

Change history to make a political statement.

I'll pass.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/canadian-first-man-actor-defends-omitting-american-flag-planting-on-moon-achievement-transcended-countries-and-borders/

I’m a space nerd(and volunteer NASA Solar System Ambassador down here), especially the NASA golden years, having learning physics from the guy who was the engineering lead for a big slice of the Saturn 5 rocket flight control system.

I believe President Kennedy’s aspirational speeches, Neil Armstrong, and the entire US national space effort were quite magnanimous in balancing the Apollo moonshots as an American and Human achievement.

Besides the obvious Cold War battle between systems propaganda opportunities, it was a great opportunity for humanity as a whole to celebrate, as well as aspire to be a part of the shining light of the American Dream.

There’s some great nuggets of content about the post Apollo 11 era public relations tours OCONUS around astronauts, moon dust/rocks, and technology.

I will watch the movie, and hope it balances American with Human like it was actually done nearly 50 years ago.

Hiding the Stars and Stripes would be a disservice to countless folks who executed a complex mission.

Anywho, I’m going to a party tomorrow loaded with American flags, American cars, and American Motorycles, but much better beer ;)

And I’ll be the only American there.

The Dream lives.

miclo18d
08-31-2018, 04:34
I’m a space nerd(and volunteer NASA Solar System Ambassador down here), especially the NASA golden years, having learning physics from the guy who was the engineering lead for a big slice of the Saturn 5 rocket flight control system.

I believe President Kennedy’s aspirational speeches, Neil Armstrong, and the entire US national space effort were quite magnanimous in balancing the Apollo moonshots as an American and Human achievement.

Besides the obvious Cold War battle between systems propaganda opportunities, it was a great opportunity for humanity as a whole to celebrate, as well as aspire to be a part of the shining light of the American Dream.

There’s some great nuggets of content about the post Apollo 11 era public relations tours OCONUS around astronauts, moon dust/rocks, and technology.

I will watch the movie, and hope it balances American with Human like it was actually done nearly 50 years ago.

Hiding the Stars and Stripes would be a disservice to countless folks who executed a complex mission.

Anywho, I’m going to a party tomorrow loaded with American flags, American cars, and American Motorycles, but much better beer ;)

And I’ll be the only American there.

The Dream lives.
I will concede that American “factory” beer is of lower quality to MANY other countries beers (not including countries from S. America)

You will note that the American craft beer industry is booming right now and some of the beers I’ve had of late easily trump that statement.....look out.....beer.....the final frontier!

rsdengler
08-31-2018, 07:55
I will concede that American “factory” beer is of lower quality to MANY other countries beers (not including countries from S. America)

You will note that the American craft beer industry is booming right now and some of the beers I’ve had of late easily trump that statement.....look out.....beer.....the final frontier!

You got that right, where I live in Harford Co. MD there are quite a few new micro breweries near me. Sweet....love Craft Beers...When I went to Gettysburg last weekend, we visited the Appalacian Brewing Company downtown, had a few nice beers; Mountain Lager and Aero Head Bock (well, a few of these). Yeah...the final "beer" frontier.....:D

Oh, and the movie...most likely I will not go to see it, I usually don't go to the movies...even though it was a "human" achievement; our American Flag spoke volumes when they planted it on the surface of the Moon....it is and was a symbol not only of human endeavor, but of American will, sacrifice, and determination. The Entertainment Business needs to stop politicizing crap (they can just Bite Me); it's history, and planting that American Flag was seen by billions on that day. Ass Clowns.....:munchin

bblhead672
08-31-2018, 08:09
Saw the previews for "First Man" a few weeks ago at the theater. Through the entire preview I was thinking "Are they remaking the Right Stuff now?"

Not including the American flag in the movie is typical of the leftist movie making industry. At least they didn't change the flag to the UN flag.

Box
08-31-2018, 08:27
So...

In the context of this movie, Somalia DOES have a space program.

Excellent.
...which means that Venezuela helped put the rover on Mars.

...hell, lets just agree that the Taliban helped land a probe on a comet and stop letting elitists take all the credit for shit

"YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT"

PSM
08-31-2018, 12:17
Ryan Gosling’s next movie, “Iwo Jima,”:

Flagg
08-31-2018, 14:36

Agreed. ;)

Blue Moon bought by Miller

Hoegaarden bought by AB

They’re both really solid big volume beers

The best one yet is a chilli 🌶 beer served on tap at Rock & Brews in Manhattan Beach waiting for a flight back to NZ.

It literally compels you to drink more of it to put out the slow rising flames 🔥 eminating from it.

IIRC it’s the same craft beer supplier that brews limited edition craft beers as fund raisers for the military, I recall an Extortion 17 inspired beer for the families.

I just don’t understand hipsters love of PBR.

Even poor college students used to laugh at PBR. :)

WarriorDiplomat
08-31-2018, 17:07
So a nation is formed and have in under 200yrs went from muskets and horseback, to industrial revolution, light bulbs to putting a man on the moon and can't even get credit for that.
...jeeeez

The rest of the world to get credit for American exceptionality.....the fallen Messiah BHO the gift that keeps on giving

Uman
08-31-2018, 19:52
Hey it was the USA and only the USA who could have done what we have done in a very short amount of time. December 17, 1903 to July 20, 1969. First flight to first moon landing. Kitty Hawk to The Sea Of Tranquility, The Wright Flyer to the Saturn V Along the way we won two World Wars, stopped out polio, small pox, to name a few things. Can you say Capitalism and the American Culture.

Flagg
08-31-2018, 20:01
Hey it was the USA and only the USA who could have done what we have done in a very short amount of time. December 17, 1903 to July 20, 1969. First flight to first moon landing. Kitty Hawk to The Sea Of Tranquility, The Wright Flyer to the Saturn V Along the way we won two World Wars, stopped out polio, small pox, to name a few things. Can you say Capitalism and the American Culture.

Richard Pearce here in NZ is in the hunt for “first” human flight, but I don’t have a dog in that fight.

Throw in the Boeing 747 first flight Feb 9, 1969 just before the Apollo 11 Moonshot with a wingspan longer that the first Wright flight as well.

T-Rock
09-01-2018, 00:23
To be inclusive, I'm surprised they didn't change Armstrong's gender or race. All the flag omission does is hand a participation trophy to the rest of the world.

Nevertheless, as a 6yo I remember distinctly watching the planting of the American Flag, and what a big deal it was for American ingenuity, as relayed to me by my mother and father. I remember my father turning out the lights so our whole family could see the tv better, and him taking pictures, including the planting of the flag .

Below are a couple of old photos, one which is hard to see, the American Flag, as it occurred in real-time as our family gathered around the tv, and the other of our family watching history in the making.

Freaking liberals ruin everything, they're trying to sanitize all history.....

EricV
09-01-2018, 06:13
They need to sell it to overseas audiences like the Chinese. I wonder if they took the flag patches off the shoulders. I think the rocket had USA on one side, and UNITED STATES on the other. Bet they rubbed those out too.

scooter
09-01-2018, 06:41
In the trailer, flag patches are on the suits, and UNITED STATES is on the Saturn V rocket. The Flag and USA are probably on there too based on this, but the shots of the rocket are from angles where you can't verify that.

Looks like everything is historically correct, just aren't showing the flag planting.

Combat Diver
09-04-2018, 06:43
Something else not to watch out of Hollyweird.

CD

bblhead672
09-04-2018, 12:21
Buzz Aldrin isn't very happy about it either.

Buzz Aldrin slams 'First Man' movie controversy, posts photos of US flag on moon with 'Proud to be American' hashtag (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/03/buzz-aldrin-slams-first-man-movie-controversy-posts-photos-us-flag-on-moon-with-proud-to-be-american-hashtag.html)
Legendary Apollo 11 astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin took a swipe at the upcoming movie "First Man" late Sunday for its director's decision not to show the planting of the American flag on the moon during the historic 1969 mission.

Aldrin, 88, who was the second man to step on the moon, behind crewmate Neil Armstrong, posted historical photos of the flag-planting and added the hashtag “Proud to be an American.”

Just because Armstrong's sons defend the omission doesn't mean their father would approve either.

The hollywierd a-holes can all take a giant leap for mankind off the Grand Canyon and make the country a better place.