PDA

View Full Version : Anyone prior Marine, now SF?

dtpaulete
01-26-2005, 18:10
I was wondering if their is anyone that a prior Marine, and is now SF. I was thinking about going SF, and just wanted to see what some Marines thought about it. How it differs? Is it easy to adapt to the different branches? Stuff like that.

The Dave
01-26-2005, 23:18
Sent a PM your way.

QRQ 30
01-27-2005, 00:04
I thought there was no such thing -- once a jarhead always a jarhead. Of coure some have progressed up the evelutionary ladder. :D :D

Welcome aboard!! I have known many in my day!! :lifter

resonant evil
02-06-2005, 16:32
I am in the Q course now and i know at least 10 marines personally. Of course there are more I don't know. I also know a couple of squids and flyboys.

Not hard to adapt.

I am still in the course so I don't really know how much the real Army differs. I have been in schools for 2 years.

TerribleTobyt
02-09-2005, 09:22
My Jr Medic on ODA-522 at Mott Lake, Brad Arvidson, started out a Marine. He always referred to that experience as,"bein in the crotch". Not sure what thats all about!!!!! ;)

And for a switch-SP5 Sam Helland ran Recon for RT Wyoming and RT Alabama in CCC back in 70-71. Sam ETS'd, went to cllage, got his degree and joined the USMC. In 1999, USMC BG Sam Helland was serving in Kosovo as the Deputy Commander of JTF Shining Hope.

So there!!!!!!!! ;) :D

Beef
11-28-2012, 10:42
Former Jarhead, 2d Recon Bn, 3d Force Recon Co., H&S and G/2/9. Bad Brad Arvidson was in same demo class as me in 1980. We were both cross training. at that point, he had all of the SF MOSs except O&I. and was on that list for that on the next training cycle. He had been in 1st Force Recon Co. in the early-mid 70's, if i recall. Great guy. The crotch. A common name for the Corps in the late 60's-70's. As in " Eat the Apple ands Fuck the Corps." We'd say that, but no one else could. LOL! Sticks and stones.....

Beef
11-28-2012, 10:50
Oh, yeah. I was on a team in C/2/20 that had the following billets filled by Jarheads: Tm Cmdr, Boss Hog-F-4 pilot; XO, Harold "Happy Hal," 2d Eng. Bn; Tm Sgt Don "Heavy D" 4th MAW USMCR, Sr Wpns Sgt, Jerry Jean Jr., 1st Mar Div.; jr Wpns Sgt, Me- Beef as above. We were know as the Jar Team.

SF_BHT
11-28-2012, 18:45
Why have you brought back to life a 7yr old thread?:eek:

Yes there have been a few that learned to read and graduated to the big boys. Let a dead thread rest.......:rolleyes:

lovemycountry
11-28-2012, 18:58
I was wondering if their is anyone that a prior Marine, and is now SF. I was thinking about going SF, and just wanted to see what some Marines thought about it. How it differs? Is it easy to adapt to the different branches? Stuff like that.

How about Gunther Herbert Wald? an ex-Marine who was a One-Zero and an E-6 on RT Virginia in January 1969?