PDA

View Full Version : Austere Environment Shelters

Golf1echo
07-06-2018, 07:10
A bit of a combination of technologies that we have covered in different threads. But there is more involved than just technologies. Any thoughts? They are taking a look at this for new insights: 15-20 man austere shelter

Focus Areas:

Power
Waste/wastewater management
Construction materials/methods
Force protection/sensitive compartmented information facility
These solutions will enable smaller, dispersed, resilient and adaptive basing as outlined in the National Defense Strategy.

Golf1echo
07-18-2018, 08:16
While this could take many different forms and be made up of varying pieces, this image is not what I consider austere...probably a field hospital with a staff of 20 or so...lots of mechanical for an austere shelter system...

Edit: http://soldiersystems.net/2018/07/23/sofwerx-to-host-generation-x-austere-basecamp-capability-assessment-event/

G2squared
07-19-2018, 22:59
While this could take many different forms and be made up of varying pieces, this image is not what I consider austere...probably a field hospital with a staff of 20 or so...lots of mechanical for an austere shelter system...

Uh Yeah, I had to reread your post after looking at the pic to verify. That looks pretty much like a CSH config for temper tents and ISO shelters. Fully setup with ECUs. What's so special about that? Been using those for more than 20 years...
G2

Golf1echo
07-27-2018, 07:30
Water Filtration: This past week I ran into this filter system for disaster relief made by the folks at Aquamira at the "Outdoor Retail" show...certainly an interesting piece with it's ability to flat pack and operate with no power.

https://www.aquamira.com/divvy/

Eagle5US
07-27-2018, 08:23
Reminds me of our "Austere Combat Outpost" complete with 8ea. 60in flat screen plasma TV's for everything from class'ed traffic to COD II - Until our generator took a 107 rocket.

Then all the sudden it was "how are we going to do the CUB without the computer for power point and FBCBII?

I "piped up": Don't we have butcher block?

S-1 looked at me like I had a horn coming outta my head-

CSM was laughing so hard he damn near fell out of his chair....

Nowadays "austere" seems to designate "no a/c, only 2 hots a day, and a pX with a power zone and current magazines (paper ones) outside a 20 minute walk from your bunk"