PDA

View Full Version : The Valley Boys: How a Lone Special Forces Team is Fighting ISIS

JJ_BPK
07-02-2018, 06:52
Good story, I like it :]

The Valley Boys: How a Lone Special Forces Team is Fighting ISIS in Remote Mountains of Afghanistan

By Marty Skovlund Jr. |July, 2018

Buck, a former US Army Ranger-turned-Special Forces communication sergeant, quietly watched as a C-130 cargo airplane lifted off from the runway at Jalalabad Airfield with a deafening roar, quickly ascending into the pitch-black sky.

“I know there’s a scientific explanation for it, but it still blows my mind every time I see it,” Buck said. “I mean, something that big just doesn’t seem like it should be able to take off like that.”

The lone operator was patiently waiting for his hour-long flight out to combat outpost (COP) Blackfish, located in Nangarhar Province’s Achin District, where the rest of his Special Forces team was deployed. Only 11 kilometers from the Pakistan border, the remote camp is one of the most forward positions the US military holds in the fight against ISIS-Khorasan.

link (https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/blogs/coffee-or-die-magazine/the-valley-boys-the-special-forces-team-holding-the-line-against-isis-k)

frostfire
07-02-2018, 12:29
Gutes Lesen.
Thanks for sharing.

Oh what I would give to be in that midst, putting all the politically incorrect skills to good use....and I’m just a few hours away:(

Was hoping to see something bigger than 7.62 on the precision platforms. Maybe someone else have better eyes.

Flagg
07-02-2018, 12:29
Marty is a good bugger and his writing is really solid.

Ex-Ranger Regiment and has written an excellent book about Ranger Regiment called Violence of Action a few years back.

Badger52
07-03-2018, 04:59
Good story, I like it :]Ditto; thanks for sharing that link.