PDA

View Full Version : Accountability 101

casey
01-26-2005, 08:31
Another National alert that turns out to be a total hoax, one individual who was sought has been in Federal custody for over two months??? I understand that intel is not a precise science, but at what point does accountability come into play. I'm a strong believer that your reputation and creditability are everything, give away one, and you're a ghost to me, ignored forever. Just my .02.

FBI finds terror threat was fabricated
Tipster suspected of tie to smuggling
By Shelley Murphy, Boston Globe January 26, 2005
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/01/26/fbi_finds_terror_threat_was_fabricated/

The FBI announced yesterday that an alleged terrorist plot against Boston has turned out to be a false alarm, putting to rest concerns that rattled the city last week. The agency said there is nothing to a tipster's report Jan. 17 that four Chinese and two Iraqis, allegedly smuggled into the country from Mexico, had sought nuclear material and were headed to Boston to launch an attack. One member of Boston's Anti-Terrorism Advisory Committee, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said investigators now believe that Jose Ernesto Beltran Quinonez, the alleged tipster, made up the threat in some sort of dispute over money in a smuggling operation he was involved in… Agents from Mexico's Federal Investigation Agency located Beltran, 34, Monday in the Mexican border town of Mexicali, and he confessed to making the call, according to an official in the federal attorney general's office who spoke on condition of anonymity…

CPTAUSRET
01-26-2005, 13:44
Another National alert that turns out to be a total hoax, one individual who was sought has been in Federal custody for over two months??? I understand that intel is not a precise science, but at what point does accountability come into play. I'm a strong believer that your reputation and creditability are everything, give away one, and you're a ghost to me, ignored forever. Just my .02.

Concur!

Terry