PDA

View Full Version : Futures Command

Pete
04-27-2018, 16:14
Futures Command????

N.C. officials: State a natural fit for Army’s Futures Command

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180426/nc-officials-state-natural-fit-for-armys-futures-command

"Bringing the U.S. Army’s planned Futures Command to North Carolina makes sense, according to state officials.

And to prove it, they are asking the Army to take a look at how state officials and organizations already partner with or support key military groups, from sprawling Fort Bragg to the Army Research Office in Research Triangle Park.

Larry D. Hall, secretary for the North Carolina Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, said the relationships built between the state and those key Army facilities could prove to be the difference maker as the Army looks to whittle down a list of 15 finalists for the planned major command......."

Well, well, well another major command which will take part of Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command.

Notice - no commands ever go away.

7624U
04-27-2018, 17:30
https://www.army.mil/standto/2018-03-28

lay down of the organization above.

So all the G5's from Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command
said we need a Future Command. More billets for the 172% over strength O-6 population yay win win.

I think all the FOG's need to make a Past Command :D
Record all history so the Future Command does not make the same mistakes of the Past Command.

bubba
04-27-2018, 20:08
Sounds like the dept of redundancy dept needs more O-types to feed at the trough......

:munchin

WarriorDiplomat
04-27-2018, 22:12
https://www.army.mil/standto/2018-03-28

lay down of the organization above.

So all the G5's from Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command
said we need a Future Command. More billets for the 172% over strength O-6 population yay win win.

Record all history so the Future Command does not make the same mistakes of the Past Command.

Agreed promote everyone to O6 and get it over with already they are doing the same thing only slower

Badger52
05-04-2018, 12:46
Record all history so the Future Command does not make the same mistakes of the Past Command.'Course they'd have to actually read them.

Template for every white-paper cover sheet would be,

"No shit! True Story, There I was..."

TOMAHAWK9521
05-04-2018, 16:59
They probably figured they needed someplace new to house the overflow of all those do-nothing (I mean, waiting-for-command-position) O-5's and 6's that have been hot-bunking over in Bahgram all these years. I never saw so many field-grades in one place. You'd have thought that with all those war college geniuses just sitting around soaking up oxygen, they'd have figured out how to close the Trashcanistan campaign a long time ago.

2018commo
05-04-2018, 16:59
Working in RDT&E land, word is this four star command will swallow up big pieces of ATEC and RDECOM and are looking for stationing in a metropolitan area, with ties to high end academia, Boston seems to be in the running. The goal is to shorten requirement to fielding timelines. Although as others have stated perhaps its about officer billets, but the 21K billets we have on post, less than 2K are uniform.
Perhaps the No Colonel Left Behind outfits, Booz Allen, Battelle ect. are maxed out...
Roll out is rumored to be inline with the Army's Birthday.

WarriorDiplomat
05-04-2018, 18:59
Working in RDT&E land, word is this four star command will swallow up big pieces of ATEC and RDECOM and are looking for stationing in a metropolitan area, with ties to high end academia, Boston seems to be in the running. The goal is to shorten requirement to fielding timelines. Although as others have stated perhaps its about officer billets, but the 21K billets we have on post, less than 2K are uniform.
Perhaps the No Colonel Left Behind outfits, Booz Allen, Battelle ect. are maxed out...
Roll out is rumored to be inline with the Army's Birthday.

God NO

Badger52
05-04-2018, 20:00
God NOMy thought exactly. Most recent example in an article I happened to look at involved some high-end akademia at the behest of the old Ordnance Dep't FUBAR'ing what eventually became the longest-serving battle rifle ev-uh.

Yeah, let's overthink some more shit, that'll fix everything.

7624U
05-04-2018, 20:16

Exhibit A.

Counter Unconventional Warfare is a pillar of Irregular Warfare so is Counter Insurgency.

Ret10Echo
05-04-2018, 20:18
My thought exactly. Most recent example in an article I happened to look at involved some high-end akademia at the behest of the old Ordnance Dep't FUBAR'ing what eventually became the longest-serving battle rifle ev-uh.

Years and years inside the hallowed halls of the Ivy League do in fact provide practical, real-world experience. Yup.