PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo is amusing but this is even funnier………The Inquisition

Team Sergeant
04-25-2018, 22:28
I’m wondering if the pope will also revitalize ethnic “Witch Hunts” too? I hope so, I’ve never witnessed a “going medieval” execution of a witch. I for one would love to see this cottage industry kick-started again.

:munchin

Pope Francis praises exorcisms as a way to 'fight against evil' and 'escape from the power of sin' during weekly Vatican address

The pope said that baptism holds the key to being able to perform exorcisms

Once baptised, Christians are given the tools to fight the devil, the pope said

The pontiff said prayer and the sacraments should be used to exorcise demons

By George Martin For Mailonline
Published: 14:23 EDT, 25 April 2018 | Updated: 15:09 EDT, 25 April 2018

Pope Francis has praised exorcisms as a 'way to fight against evil' and 'escape from the power of sin' in a controversial weekly address.

The pontiff, in an impassioned speech in St Peter's Square in Rome, urged Christians to 'drive out evil' and emphasised the importance of baptism in order to exorcise demons.

According to the pope, those who are baptised are given the power to fight against the devil - with exorcism, or self-cleansing through prayer, becoming an essential part of Christian life.

He said the sacrament of baptism 'enables those who receive it to fight against the spirit of evil' - adding that 'all Christian life is a battle' and that believers should take precautions against the deceit of the devil.

'We know from experience that the Christian life is always prone to temptation, especially to the temptation to separate from God, from his will, from communion with him, to fall back into the webs of worldly seductions,' he said.

Demons continued here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5657065/Pope-Francis-praises-exorcisms-way-fight-against-evil.html

The Reaper
04-26-2018, 08:37
The Inquisition is in the finest traditions of The Church.

TR

bblhead672
04-26-2018, 10:06
I’ve never witnessed a “going medieval” execution of a witch. I for one would love to see this cottage industry kick-started again.

Let's start with Queen Witch Felonia Von Pantsuit!

cbtengr
04-26-2018, 15:55
Personally I am pleased to see the Pope sticking to what he knows best. This is his area of expertise, not climate change and not issues concerning immigration.

Joker
04-26-2018, 16:08

Hear. Hear.

7624U
04-26-2018, 16:39

Can't Burn the devil, I vote for water boarding with the hose hooked to the dead sea.