PDA

View Full Version : SE Asia - information- local venomous snakes

Sacamuelas
01-25-2005, 12:57
Anyone traveling to help during the aftermath of the Tsunami should read as well as a good refresher for 1st Group medics.
Hope it helps.

Its 6+ megs as an adobe .pdf file, so I will not attach here. Use the link provided. Very good information.

CLICK ME (http://w3.whosea.org/bct/pdf/snakes.pdf)

QRQ 30
01-25-2005, 13:17
They're everywhere, they're everywhere!! The Russel's viper seems to have been the most aggressive and casused the most fatalities. :eek:

The Reaper
01-25-2005, 13:41
Australia has the most, the most aggressive, the most venomous, and IIRC, the largest poisonous snakes in the world.

Almost lost a Platoon Sergeant there.

TR

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2005, 13:53
Australain has the most, the most aggressive, the most venomous, and IIRC, the largest poisonous snakes in the world.

Almost lost a Platoon Sergeant there.

TR

I believe you are correct, we spent 30 days there just prior to returning for Nancy's tour of the WH.

Perhaps 6 or 7 of the top ten poisonous snakes worldwide reside there.

I was looking, but all I saw was a good sized Tiger snake beautiful bluish/black coloration, just about pure black. He was dead beside the road.

pulque
01-25-2005, 15:07
thanks Saca

Team Sergeant
01-25-2005, 16:32
IIRC we had a support troop in 1st Gp place a very small, but very poisonous Thai snake in his mouth for kicks, this snake was no longer than 4 inches. Last I heard he was in complete renal failure. Life is tough, but it's much tougher when you're stupid.

TS

If you're ever in the Ft Bragg area watch for the RattleBack Copper-Mouths, mean as hell. Usually see'em out at the Special Forces training sites/areas.