PDA

View Full Version : Moc Hoa, Nui Cota, Bac Lieu, Tra Vinh, Sadec

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2005, 11:41
Any of you old SOG vets spend any time in these locations??

How about Rach Gia, Rach Soi?

It seems like most all my time was spent providing CAS over these AO's.

Terry

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2005, 12:26
I should add, that there were few incursions into Cambodia, and Laos as well.

Terry

SP5IC
01-25-2005, 17:13
I was in A-411, so Moc Hoa was my B Team. The name of the bar was Slyverter's Lounge. LTC Fernandez was the XO.

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2005, 18:05
I was in A-411, so Moc Hoa was my B Team. The name of the bar was Slyverter's Lounge. LTC Fernandez was the XO.

What year? I was wounded, and medevacced out 14 Oct 66 flying for you guys out of Moc Hoa.

I was leading a heavy team of B-model gunships, and we were looking for bad guys, since it was the wet season (no landmarks) I carried one of your CPT's on board just to keep us somewhere near the Cambodian border. He sat on the ammo trays in back, and we found plenty of bad guys. I took two bullets in my right arm while flying as Aircraft Commander. We just about lost the ship, came real close to crashing into the water, I saw water on the outside of the windshield, and my blood on the inside. Your CPT leaned forward between the seats, pulled the jacket of one of the bullets that hit me out from between the two bones on my right forearm, put a tourniquet above the wound, stuck the bullet jacket in my shirt pocket and said "Here Terry, there's a souvenir for you". Very macho dude, because we came really close to crashing in the water at about 80 knots, at that speed we would have made one hell of a mess of that aircraft, and those onboard.

Any idea who that CPT might have been?

Terry

SP5IC
01-26-2005, 18:41
The name of the bar was Sylvester's Lounge. If you are interested, Steve Sherman's "Work In Progress" is located at - well, it's down for me, but the url is: www.greenberet.net/books/ -it's not working, but he has the best list of all team members in Vietnam from A to C.
His firm is Radix Press. I have a CD with a couple of AARs from My Phuoc Tay. BTW ladies & gentlemen, my DEROS was supposed to be 26 January 1968. I was medevaced 18 July 1967.