PDA

View Full Version : Punishment too severe for crime, Free Monalisa!!!

Team Sergeant
03-15-2018, 09:02
Wonder how many google and faketube have killed so far? google, you and faketube have lots blood on your "viral" hands.

Monalisa Perez, you deserve a medal. :rolleyes:

Woman who killed boyfriend in failed YouTube stunt sentenced to 180 days

By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

A Minnesota woman who accidentally shot and killed her boyfriend in a YouTube stunt gone wrong has been sentenced to 180 days in prison after accepting a plea agreement.
Monalisa Perez, 20, pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter in December for killing her 22-year-old boyfriend Pedro Ruiz III last June. She was sentenced on Wednesday, the Star Tribune reported.
Under the plea agreement, Perez is banned for life from possessing a firearm and cannot receive payment for telling her story. She will serve her time in 10-day increments over the next three years.
According to court documents, the couple had prepared the stunt hoping for it to go viral.
Police said the couple set up two cameras outside their Halstad home. Their 3-year-old daughter and almost 30 other people were watching.
For the stunt, Perez, who was pregnant with their second child at the time, fired a shot from a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol at Ruiz from a foot away. They both believed a hardcover encyclopedia he held against his chest would shield him.
However, Ruiz was fatally wounded.

entertainment cont here:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15/woman-who-killed-boyfriend-in-failed-youtube-stunt-sentenced-to-180-days.html

Chucko
03-15-2018, 18:24
I wonder if there were any practice rounds through a book the same size? I would not want my wife even aiming in my general direction, just in case.

Ret10Echo
03-15-2018, 19:09
I remember reading about this right when it occurred.

As was once stated to me. "There are no more saber tooth tigers so there has to be more innovate ways to get rid of the stupid ones".

Box
03-15-2018, 19:59
cloroxing the gene pool 300 grains at a time.....

Joker
03-15-2018, 20:01
They both learned something from that book of the encyclopedia. :D

PRB
03-15-2018, 20:43
cloroxing the gene pool 300 grains at a time.....

Ha!

Can we volunteer candidates?

RichL025
03-15-2018, 22:01
They both learned something from that book of the encyclopedia. :D

Best quote, yet!

In all seriousness, I think 6 months of jail is about right for her abject negligence and stupidity.

PRB
03-15-2018, 22:24
Best quote, yet!

In all seriousness, I think 6 months of jail is about right for her abject negligence and stupidity.

Hell, you know it was his idea....hold my beer....

bblhead672
03-16-2018, 06:56
She should have been rendered incapable of producing further offspring from here gene pool.

cat in the hat
03-16-2018, 09:22
She is still servingg more time than the illegal who killed Kate Steinle.
That POS is suing the federal Government for "vindictive prosecution "

cbtengr
03-16-2018, 10:25
She is still servingg more time than the illegal who killed Kate Steinle.
That POS is suing the federal Government for "vindictive prosecution "

I wonder what ambulance chasing lawyer put that thought in his head? He needs to disappear along with his sleazy counsel.

PedOncoDoc
03-16-2018, 10:59
They should just tell the judge that they identified as "ammosexual" and this was an act between consenting adults....

tom kelly
03-16-2018, 15:29
DON'T DO STUPID SHIT: Morons do this; Now there is one less Moron. tom kelly,

rubberneck
03-16-2018, 15:53
Playing devils advocate here but she shouldn’t serve any time. It was a stunt gone wrong. The guy was the brains behind it. If Evel Kenievel died during his attempt to jump the snake river canyon should the men that helped him build the rocket car and ramp be prosecuted for manslaughter? IMHO big boy rules apply. Do something risky and die it’s 100% on you for trying it in the first place.

cbtengr
03-16-2018, 16:14
Playing devils advocate here but she shouldn’t serve any time. It was a stunt gone wrong. The guy was the brains behind it. If Evel Kenievel died during his attempt to jump the snake river canyon should the men that helped him build the rocket car and ramp be prosecuted for manslaughter? IMHO big boy rules apply. Do something risky and die it’s 100% on you for trying it in the first place.

Had Evel bit it because of some sort of human error there would no doubt have been some sort of repercussions, negligence is negligence.

rubberneck
03-16-2018, 17:02
Had Evel bit it because of some sort of human error there would no doubt have been some sort of repercussions, negligence is negligence.

IIRC they shot more than one telephone book to see if the round penetrated and it didn’t. Sadly of him It penetrated the one they ended up using. The point remains that he understood the risks, tried to mitigate them and still lost. Sucks to be him but it was his choice to do it.