PDA

View Full Version : SF and Pineland Artwork and gifts

Mills
03-07-2018, 21:07
Gents, after years of subversion I have been able to convince my mom who is an artist to get into painting memorabilia for the regiment and Pineland as well.

Her designs are Renditions of Originals with a vintage twist. There are a good deal of the posters in circulation already through out the school house and other corners of the area complex, but I'd like to spread the word further. She's really worked hard her entire life and just never seemed to catch that "break". I'd like this to be something that earns her some residual income while paying homage to the regiment.

She is currently working on other group flashes with the regimental Crest as well, they just take a while.

If anyone is looking for gift ideas or just something to hang on the wall in your man cave, your support would be much appreciated, even if you can only pass the link on or favorite the shop, still appreciated.

http://https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinelandTradingPost (https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinelandTradingPost)

Any questions, feel free to private message me or contact her through her site.

Mills
03-08-2018, 03:50
Fixed. Somehow http was in there twice.

cbtengr
03-08-2018, 06:20
Your Mother is indeed quite the artist! As a person who makes things with his hands I can appreciate the time involved in her work. Her prices are more than reasonable. I will seriously mull over making a purchase.

rsdengler
03-08-2018, 07:25
Your mother does some very nice work. I may have to buy one to hang in my "Woman Cave" :o

Basenshukai
03-08-2018, 09:01
I just showed my wife. I want two of them (not "two" wives - perish the thought - but two items on there).

Badger52
03-08-2018, 10:39
Awesome! Thanks and a "Go Mom!" back to her.

When I was a kid (and everything but real life was in B&W) friends wanted to be cops, firefighters, etc. I always thought that going into the woods with some little people & coming back out with a Bn of light infantry to kick a dictator's ass was the most noble thing on the planet. (Actually, still sounds like a good idea...)

A PRF flag is coming my way; couldn't 'resist' - can go right above the vintage Sov' TRA & restricted area signs.

Thanks again so much for the "subversion" of your Mom, lol.
:lifter

Mills
03-08-2018, 12:42
Awesome! Thanks and a "Go Mom!" back to her.

When I was a kid (and everything but real life was in B&W) friends wanted to be cops, firefighters, etc. I always thought that going into the woods with some little people & coming back out with a Bn of light infantry to kick a dictator's ass was the most noble thing on the planet. (Actually, still sounds like a good idea...)

A PRF flag is coming my way; couldn't 'resist' - can go right above the vintage Sov' TRA & restricted area signs.

Thanks again so much for the "subversion" of your Mom, lol.
:lifter

Thanks man! I appreciate it as does she!

Let me know if there are any issues! Please favorite the shop if you can!

Chucko
03-09-2018, 18:03
I thought you guys might like looking at these things my sister made for me about 20 years ago. Somehow she took a print from a T-shirt I acquired plus some other stuff I had laying around and engraved them in a mirror somehow and put this ensemble together and gave them to me for Christmas one year. Some things aren't up to specs, but beggars can't be choosers and I was appreciative. Just another route a guy could take for heirlooms. Inn the transferring and uploading the got smaller for some reason, but you get the idea.

cbtengr
03-09-2018, 18:59
I thought you guys might like looking at these things my sister made for me about 20 years ago. Somehow she took a print from a T-shirt I acquired plus some other stuff I had laying around and engraved them in a mirror somehow and put this ensemble together and gave them to me for Christmas one year. Some things aren't up to specs, but beggars can't be choosers and I was appreciative. Just another route a guy could take for heirlooms. Inn the transferring and uploading the got smaller for some reason, but you get the idea.

I think that's pretty special and that she did a real nice job.

Badger52
03-09-2018, 20:13
Very cool! (I'm a walking example of why we should be grateful to have people with artistic bents walking the planet.)

JacobP
03-10-2018, 09:49
These are great! I've always had an interest in the Jedburgh teams and there aren't any good posters online.

SF_BHT
03-10-2018, 13:13
Great items. Just ordered one item for the den.

cbtengr
03-10-2018, 14:22
Mills I Have been in touch with your mother and am commissioning a piece, she has a gift!

Mills
03-11-2018, 06:52
Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it. Mom has spent years upon years upon years painting different odds and ends that never really seemed to take off or hold any kind of longevity. I'm hoping that by getting into the realm of military Heritage, with a focus on the Special Forces regiment, she can set things up to where it will provide her some residual income as she gets older, and maybe someday.....actually retire.

Ret10Echo
03-11-2018, 10:47
Favorited the Shop Mills.

Nice work. I'm thinking she'd easily be able to turn a 1st Group flash/crest to a 10th Group version :D

SF_BHT
03-11-2018, 12:47
The 5th flash is something I am also interested in.

Mills
03-11-2018, 17:19
Believe me, I'm already beating her up about the fifth group flash... Haha

The old black-and-white 5th group flash is currently in the works, just because she's had a few requests for it. What do you guys think? Do you want black flash or the Vietnam Circa / current Flash?

If you guys are interested in a specific group Flash with regimental crest, please message myself or her direct on Etsy. Then once it's complete, she can post it on the site and we can message you guys that are interested in specific ones.

Thanks again fellas!

Joker
03-11-2018, 18:26
In my opinion, she should do all of the Groups' flashes, at least one of each.

SF_BHT
03-11-2018, 19:47
Believe me, I'm already beating her up about the fifth group flash... Haha

The old black-and-white 5th group flash is currently in the works, just because she's had a few requests for it. What do you guys think? Do you want black flash or the Vietnam Circa / current Flash?

If you guys are interested in a specific group Flash with regimental crest, please message myself or her direct on Etsy. Then once it's complete, she can post it on the site and we can message you guys that are interested in specific ones.

Thanks again fellas!

I’m torn as I wore both. Vietnam was always my favorite.

Badger52
03-12-2018, 16:27
Got my PRF flag today - gorgeous work, along with a nice personalized note from Penny. Talented indeed. This will get framed into something durable, as it's going to hold sway at the campsite of an annual get-together in June with some, shall we say, forest brothers. (One of those things where there is much open-fire, steaks, beer & brass made the old-fashioned way.)

Lovely & wonderfully talented lady.

Mills
03-19-2018, 09:01
Got my PRF flag today - gorgeous work, along with a nice personalized note from Penny. Talented indeed. This will get framed into something durable, as it's going to hold sway at the campsite of an annual get-together in June with some, shall we say, forest brothers. (One of those things where there is much open-fire, steaks, beer & brass made the old-fashioned way.)

Lovely & wonderfully talented lady.

Thanks a bunch! She truly does appreciate the support. I'm glad you like the product!

abc_123
03-20-2018, 19:05
Oh wow. That is nice stuff. Love to see more flashes... more whatever. I just bought a bunch of AR 15 parts (well, like several rifles worth) so i'm laying low for a paycheck or two, but I will place an order soon. Love the PRF flags!

IMHO, she should simply cycle thru painting all the SFG flashes as a base product as well as the PRF flags. There is a market for paintings and prints. She would sell both steadily.

Mills
03-21-2018, 14:15
Hey guys, just to give you a heads up... Mom has started working on the Vietnam era 5th Special Forces Group Flash. After a lot of great feedback from you guys, she is going to start cycling through all of the different groups with regard to hand painting the flashes on canvas. She will also have them made into posters for a more economical option as well. Those will always be available where as the paintings will take a little more time.

Eventually, if this thing seems to grow, we're going to try and get her off of the Etsy site and get her involved in a more legitimate website that will give her a little more flexibility.

On another note, the new stickers are in!

Thanks again for all of the support, and keep the suggestions coming!

cbtengr
03-21-2018, 15:07
I had your mother create a new piece for me that was based on a 101st Patch from WWII. A lot of different contractors were used back then to supply the division. This patch stood out to me and she really nailed it!

Mills
04-04-2018, 12:48
I know this is small potatoes right now fellas based on the situation my family is in...We are moving along, mainly due to the support of many of you. Thank you again for all of the help, those who know what I'm talking about.

On another note, my mom finished up the 5th group circa Vietnam era flash and Crest on her site for those who are interested! We are trying to get this thing to take off so she can work on setting up a legitimate website versus Etsy as they are really holding her back. Any leads on whosalers or potential retail outlets, please pass them along as we are really hoping that her work can get out there and maybe.....just maybe.....get her to the point where she won't have to work full time as a senior citizen and this whole thing can run itself.

Thanks again!

PSM
04-04-2018, 20:20
Is her plan to do only SF or SoF? Many more possible customers in other units. Might start with the biggies like 1st CAV, 3RD ID, 4 TH, etc.

Mills
04-05-2018, 05:13
Is her plan to do only SF or SoF? Many more possible customers in other units. Might start with the biggies like 1st CAV, 3RD ID, 4 TH, etc.

She did the 101 patch, however I think she is waiting for some more demand first on those, or a custom order as they take around 6 hours to complete in total. Being that we have no representative in any of said units, we have kind of pumped the brakes on those.

Dean Jarvis
04-11-2018, 19:34
Just received my 5th flash and couldn't be more pleased. Got it hanging in the Man Cave. :lifter

bblhead672
04-12-2018, 07:50
Just received my 5th flash and couldn't be more pleased. Got it hanging in the Man Cave. :lifter

Looks nice.

So does that Indian sign beneath it.

Mills
04-12-2018, 22:31

Glad you like it!

She currently has more 5th group stuff in stock if anyone is interested!