PDA

View Full Version : NFL Conference Championships

Roguish Lawyer
01-23-2005, 16:33
Well, I am stuck in the office and will have to watch both games on TiVo. But maybe some of you want to discuss mid-game . . . :(

lrd
01-23-2005, 18:09
Atlanta lost.

It's minus 1 in Pittsburgh.

Gypsy
01-23-2005, 19:04
RL at halftime it's 24-3 New England.

Roguish Lawyer
01-23-2005, 20:42
Thanks. I can follow the scores and stats on the Internet, but I was hoping for some play descriptions and stuff. Anyway, I'll see the games later on TiVo.

Congrats to Goggles, Magician (I think) and the other crazed Eagles fans.

The Patriots are no flash in the pan. They really have this team thing down. Troy Brown on D, etc. I'd think you guys would like that.

The Reaper
01-23-2005, 21:01
Well, it is over, now it will be Pats vs. Eagles.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
01-24-2005, 13:59
OK, I watched the Eagles-Falcons game last night on TiVo (plays only, fast-forwarded through everything else except replays I wanted to see). While I thought the Eagles were the better team, I thought Atlanta's offensive coordinator and quarterback deserve much of the blame for the loss. How many times were they going to run against 8 or even 9 guys in the box? Sure, they were successful doing it from time to time, to their credit, but why wouldn't they throw when they had single coverage outside?

Either Michael Vick is incapable of or prohibited from calling an audible in this situation, the team had no confidence in its receivers' ability to make a play in single coverage (or its quarterback's ability to throw the ball), or the guys calling the plays are so pig-headed and stupid that they wouldn't take advantage of what the defense gave them. I don't know if it would have made a difference, but I think the game would have been different with better offensive play-calling by Atlanta.

Haven't seen the AFC game yet, but I do not see Philly beating New England. Even if TO comes back in two weeks.

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 11:53
OK, saw Pit-NE last night on TiVo, same method. I was not surprised by the outcome at all. The game really came down to Brady v. Roethlisberger, which is an easy call. Roethlisberger, while he showed a lot of promise, lost the game for the Steelers; Brady won the game for NE.

The Eagles have a good defense and a much better quarterback than the Steelers, but I don't see them beating New England. In fact, while I don't expect it, I would not be shocked if the Patriots blow them out.

Goggles Pizano
01-27-2005, 12:13
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Affection tossed from the Linc. :D

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 12:21
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Affection tossed from the Linc. :D

LMAO! You know I was born in Philly, right?

lrd
01-27-2005, 16:29
OK, saw Pit-NE last night on TiVo, same method. I was not surprised by the outcome at all. The game really came down to Brady v. Roethlisberger, which is an easy call. Roethlisberger, while he showed a lot of promise, lost the game for the Steelers; Brady won the game for NE.

The Eagles have a good defense and a much better quarterback than the Steelers, but I don't see them beating New England. In fact, while I don't expect it, I would not be shocked if the Patriots blow them out.I had Brady and the Eagles on my FFL team. I'm rooting for the Pats because I work with a bunch of guys from Philly.

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 16:43
I had Brady and the Eagles on my FFL team. I'm rooting for the Pats because I work with a bunch of guys from Philly.

LOL -- I too am an FFL geek, and 7 of our ten GMs are in Philly. There is nothing more annoying than an Eagles fan. ;)

Goggles Pizano
01-27-2005, 18:38
Your from Philly and you slap a disrespectful remark like that on the team? YOU Sir, will have your membership card to Geno's revoked for one year! Take that Cali boy! :p

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 18:44
Your from Philly and you slap a disrespectful remark like that on the team? YOU Sir, will have your membership card to Geno's revoked for one year! Take that Cali boy! :p

LOL -- just born there. And I prefer Pat's anyway. :p :D

Jim's is good too. :lifter

Goggles Pizano
01-27-2005, 18:47
You can take the boy away from the cheez wiz, but...... :D

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 18:49
You can take the boy away from the cheez wiz, but...... :D

That's right! (And I prefer provolone, thank you. ;) )

Goggles Pizano
01-27-2005, 18:53
That is appropriate given your avatar. :cool:

"What are you gonna do? Nice college boy, does not want to get caught up in the family business, now you want to gun down a police captain-what 'cause he slapped you in the face a little bit? C'mere....Your taking this very personal.". ;)

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 19:19
That is appropriate given your avatar. :cool:

"What are you gonna do? Nice college boy, does not want to get caught up in the family business, now you want to gun down a police captain-what 'cause he slapped you in the face a little bit? C'mere....Your taking this very personal.". ;)

Mr. Corleone never asks a second favor once he's refused the first, understood? :D