PDA

View Full Version : Same-Sex Active-Duty Couple Marries at West Point

SouthernDZ
01-24-2018, 14:34
You knew is was only a matter of time......

Same-Sex Active-Duty Couple Marries at West Point
Sunday, 21 Jan 2018 03:32 PM

Two Army captains who met at West Point have returned there to be married, in what is believed to be the first same-sex marriage of active-duty personnel at the storied New York military academy. The New York Times reports Captains Daniel Hall and Vincent Franchino were married on Jan. 13. They're both Apache helicopter pilots stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. The men met in August 2009, when Franchino was a freshman and Hall was a senior. Their first date was in February 2012 in Washington, some months after the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was repealed in September 2011. That policy, in place since 1993, barred any gay person from disclosing their sexual orientation or talking about any same-sex relationship.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/west-point-wedding-same-sex/2018/01/21/id/838451/

PedOncoDoc
01-24-2018, 14:44
You knew is was only a matter of time......

Same-Sex Active-Duty Couple Marries at West Point
Sunday, 21 Jan 2018 03:32 PM

Two Army captains who met at West Point have returned there to be married, in what is believed to be the first same-sex marriage of active-duty personnel at the storied New York military academy. The New York Times reports Captains Daniel Hall and Vincent Franchino were married on Jan. 13. They're both Apache helicopter pilots stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. The men met in August 2009, when Franchino was a freshman and Hall was a senior. Their first date was in February 2012 in Washington, some months after the "don't ask, don't tell" policy was repealed in September 2011. That policy, in place since 1993, barred any gay person from disclosing their sexual orientation or talking about any same-sex relationship.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/west-point-wedding-same-sex/2018/01/21/id/838451/

Unsurprisingly, USNA was ahead of the Army on this one and did this over 3 years ago: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-naval-academy-hosts-first-same-sex-wedding-maryland-n102276

Team Sergeant
01-24-2018, 16:01
Am I the only one that finds it amusing that LGBTYSRTYB's are the only individuals on the planet that "must" draw attention that they enjoy a penis up their arse? :rolleyes:

PedOncoDoc
01-24-2018, 16:55
Am I the only one that finds it amusing that LGBTYSRTYB's are the only individuals on the planet that "must" draw attention that they enjoy a penis up their arse? :rolleyes:

There are certain adult film actresses that have made a career out of it, too...

(or so I've been told)

JimP
01-24-2018, 17:08
shit....I wish I had known about this stuff when i was active duty; I'd be a 20-star General by now!!!

A hot tub, a few bacci-boys, some man-blankets and sport a top-knot like the rest of the metrosexual, douche-bag hipsters. Hell, I'd be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs!!

bblhead672
01-24-2018, 17:31

There are certain adult film actresses that have made a career out of it, too...

(or so I've been told)

Don't forget politicians!

PedOncoDoc
01-24-2018, 17:41
Don't forget politicians!

Nah - too many of them like either pitching and/or catching depending on the crowd.

Five-O
01-27-2018, 07:38

This may not be a LGTQ issue but more of an Army Aviation issue. :D