View Full Version : Trump ambassador tells UN uncomfortable truths
bblhead672
12-21-2017, 13:41
UN approves resolution condemning US recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/21/un-showdown-looms-as-jerusalem-vote-nears-haley-threatens-to-take-names.html)
The United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly voted on Thursday to condemn President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
So refreshing to have a President who isn't afraid to stand up to the UN and tell them to pound sand.
"We will remember it when we are called upon once again to make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations," US Ambassador Nikky Haley said. "And we will remember when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit."
Haley added that Thursday's vote "will make a difference on how Americans look at the U.N. and on how we look at countries who disrespect us in the U.N., and this vote will be remembered."
The rest of the world needs to (finally) understand that the UN needs the USA more than the USA needs the UN.
We now need to back that up with actions. Step one is to cut back our contributions.
We now need to back that up with actions. Step one is to cut back our contributions.
I would eliminate them until they learned their place. The UN has never done anything for us. I like the fact that they decide that we are wrong for recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital. It's a clown factory!
The UN conveniently offered up a target list of friends & foes.
:mad:
One item I would ask Ambassador Haley immediately put forth:
As the EU is hell-bent on its personal form of single player unity, they should move to ONE(1) seat in the UN General Assembly.
And as the followers of the all-powerful goat humper are all bound as ONE, let them also have ONE(!) seat at the table.
The chair position rolling between the sub-states monthly, to give all the players an equal shot.
:munchin
rsdengler
12-21-2017, 14:13
UN...Stands for "Useless Ninnies".....I am thinking about asking for my money back since we foot about 22% of the bill; I don't think I am getting any value for my buck :munchin
Team Sergeant
12-21-2017, 14:25
If I were Prez Trump I'd tell the UN administration they are being moved to Somalia.
Just like the TSA, they are absolutely worthless.
If I were Prez Trump I'd tell the UN administration they are being moved to Somalia.
Just like the TSA, they are absolutely worthless.
A great idea seeing as how we have hosted it for 72 years now, let's just rotate it's headquarters, to Somalia 72 years, China 72 years Russia.................. you get my drift. It should have been given the boot after Hugo Chavez went on his anti U.S. rant back in September of 06. Finally an administration with a pair of cahones.
Badger52
12-21-2017, 18:12
The level of corruption in that whole body makes the Klinton Foundation look like a parlor game.
When people mention that tax "cuts" might result in deficit spending down the road I just tell them to eliminate the shortfall (translation: Your freakin' snowflake do-gooder spending program wishlist) and, voila, no deficit. Kicking UN to the curb would probably free up a worthy chunk of change. Like... more than pop bottles in my Radio Flyer hauled to the deli for the deposits maybe.
:munchin
Edit, to add for the UN Gen'l Assembly: look up "BFYTW" in your urban dictionary.
South Korea voted the same as DPRK. Right now....TODAY...good luck with your problems guys.
FVEY and NATO members voting against too. Wow.
Why are we wasting so much money on these places? It is indeed useless.
One item I would ask Ambassador Haley immediately put forth:
As the EU is hell-bent on its personal form of single player unity, they should move to ONE(1) seat in the UN General Assembly.
Damn, I didn't think of that. If the United State of America gets one seat (and one vote), then the "United States of Europe" should also get one seat and one vote.
The French would keep their permanent seat, but then so would the United Kingdom. The EU could seek to take a rotating spot in the ten non-permanent members for a two year term.
Yeah, I like that.
Or perhaps, the alternative ...
each State of the United States gets a voting seat at the UN.
Badger52
12-21-2017, 19:06
Or perhaps, the alternative ...
each State of the United States gets a voting seat at the UN.Ehh... I like your first idea better. Pretty soon Gov. Moonbeam would be asking for UN help with his pot crop.
:rolleyes:
The bottom line is that we have to do something. What Trump has done with this issue is to smoke everyone out to reveal their real positions. Makes it real public for the American electorate. I'm not sure that I would have layed down my "threat" before the vote, but then again, that's part of what smoked 'em out.
Me? I'd never mention this vote again. I'd simply decrease UN funding. Decrease funding for every country that voted against us. Increase funding for everyone who abstained, and demonstratively increase (with some public reason) those who voted with us. Overarching reason is to fund US infrastructure projects given the tax cuts.
Let everyone bitch. Ignore them.
BTW, I love that "one EU, one vote" idea.
Peregrino
12-21-2017, 21:14
The bottom line is that we have to do something. What Trump has done with this issue is to smoke everyone out to reveal their real positions. Makes it real public for the American electorate. I'm not sure that I would have layed down my "threat" before the vote, but then again, that's part of what smoked 'em out.
Me? I'd never mention this vote again. I'd simply decrease UN funding. Decrease funding for every country that voted against us. Increase funding for everyone who abstained, and demonstratively increase (with some public reason) those who voted with us. Overarching reason is to fund US infrastructure projects given the tax cuts.
Let everyone bitch. Ignore them.
BTW, I love that "one EU, one vote" idea.
Concur. Add the rest of JJ BPK's proposal with the "chair position rolling between the (EU) sub-states monthly, to give all the players an equal shot" and watch the bickering and back-stabbing quickly destroy whatever is left of Europe. :munchin
Old Dog New Trick
12-21-2017, 21:56
A short time ago she laid it out for them.
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=636531&postcount=10
Badger52
12-21-2017, 22:10
A short time ago she laid it out for them.
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=636531&postcount=10There are some 'serving' the President who could take lessons about what it means to be on-board with an agenda, and why.
The Demoncrats want a woman President, fine, here she is. :D
Democrats want a liberal activist woman propped up by hundreds of millions of donor dollars - NOT a self-confident strong woman that's able to stand on her own.
Old Dog New Trick
12-22-2017, 07:20
Japan should be watching the 7th Fleet sail away this morning. Seems they’d better suited to go to Micronesia and the Mariana Islands.
Next months stipend to S. Korea should reflect their vote. While watching all the Patriot missile batteries depress the launchers and the big bombers take off to the east over Japan and keep heading east.
There is unfortunately, nothing left of Thailand that we need to keep supporting a King that is known for his womanizing and drug use.
Elections have consequences, this should too.
mark46th
12-22-2017, 09:17
Interesting that five of the nine no votes were in the South Pacific.
Badger52
12-22-2017, 20:17
And there's treats (http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/12/22/nikki-haley-hold-reception-countries-snubbed-jerusalem-resolution/)
EU: "But... why don't we get invited?"
US: "BFYTW"
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley will hold a reception for the ambassadors of countries who did not support a U.N. General Assembly vote condemning the U.S. for its recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The invitation to the Jan. 3 reception, a copy of which was obtained by Breitbart News, was sent to the 65 countries who either rejected, abstained from, or declined to vote on the resolution that censured the U.S. for President Trump’s decision to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
“The Honorable Nikki R. Haley … invites you to a reception to thank you for your friendship to the United States,” the invite for the Jan. 3 reception says.
Airbornelawyer
12-22-2017, 22:43
I note several media outlets portraying Amb. Haley's remarks about remembering how countries voted as some sort of threat and example of the Trump Administration poisoning international relations. Apparently, they seem to have forgotten that it has been the law of the United States since 1983 for the State Department to keep track of and report to Congress on U.N. voting practices. This covers all votes as well as what the Administration designates as key votes.
In many respects, little has changed. The first report included "key" votes on topics such as Israel, El Salvador, South Africa, the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan, the US/OECS intervention in Grenada and the Vietnamese intervention in Kampuchea/Cambodia.
For example, General Assembly Resolution 38/7 of 2 November 1983, "deeply deplor[ing] the armed intervention in Grenada ...", was passed by a vote of 107 to 9, with 27 abstentions. Similar to this recent vote, the profiles in courage on the abstention side included such U.S. allies as Belgium, Canada, West Germany, Japan, New Zealand, the Philippines, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Among so-called U.S. allies voting against the U.S. were Australia, Denmark, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Thailand. Of the nine who voted against, besides the U.S. and several Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States nations who participated in the invasion, only El Salvador, Israel and Jamaica voted with the U.S.
I am of the opinion that the UN is going to be upset with US decisions for the next three years which is totally ok with me as I hate them. Their anger will stem from the fact that they aren't use to the US pushing back against their "All-Mightiness" during the last several years.
I think we should push back even harder and make American great again!
Old Dog New Trick
12-23-2017, 00:15
The media is a fickle horse. One day they love you (example one) the next day the want to kick you in the privates (example two)
1) Nicki stood up against her Southern constituents and told them the Confederate Flags will come down on all state buildings and property.
2) She works for President Trump now...
I think she is (now) and has done (then) an excellent job of governance and now an Ambassador of the highest order. You go girl! The gnashing of teeth going on in the UN is just what the veterinarian ordered.
Badger52
12-23-2017, 06:36
Europe- Russia can have them. WWII is over we did our best and they have turned on us. UK possibly but the Russian threat is no longer viable so fuck those commie bastards. Russia is less a communist state than they are. It was disappointing to see some countries who are (ostensibly) currently waging their own battle with the Merkelons over illegal immigration & other EU policies, with the quite vocal goal of retaining their soverign identity and culture, abstain.
The media is a fickle horse. One day they love you (example one) the next day the want to kick you in the privates (example two)
1) Nicki stood up against her Southern constituents and told them the Confederate Flags will come down on all state buildings and property.
2) She works for President Trump now...
I think she is (now) and has done (then) an excellent job of governance and now an Ambassador of the highest order. You go girl! The gnashing of teeth going on in the UN is just what the veterinarian ordered.
Besides Mad Dog, I think Haley is one of his absolute best appointments. She has more backbone than many males (notice I didn't say "men") that I know.
The media is indeed a fickle horse, but so is the public that anxiously awaits its daily feeding of media inspired food and marching orders. I see the sheeple as little birds waiting in their nests with their mouths wide open waiting to be fed its dose of "what to believe" for breakfast, lunch, and supper!
I did not like her response to Obama's speech where she backhandedly criticized Trump as part of the R response. But I think she is doing a good job now toeing the line.
I especially love that we have a woman doing the job. Bet all those middle eastern countries' reps apreciate dealing with her.
I especially love that we have a woman doing the job. Bet all those middle eastern countries' reps apreciate dealing with her.
As much as I despised H. Clinton, that was the only thing I liked about her being Secretary of State. It wasn't that it was her, but the fact it was a female.
I agree that she she had made some statements in the past that I didn't agree with, but overall, I think she was a great appointment. I suspect the press she is getting won't hurt her with her future political aspirations as she is young, and up-and-coming to be sure.
Team Sergeant
12-23-2017, 16:18
As much as I despised H. Clinton, that was the only thing I liked about her being Secretary of State. It wasn't that it was her, but the fact it was a female.
Glad to hear you're sure about that...... :munchin
Glad to hear you're sure about that...... :munchin
Ok. Fine! I'm making an assumption there...but, that will have to do as I am not willing to volunteer to verify my assumption's veracity. :D
WarriorDiplomat
12-23-2017, 17:07
As much as I despised H. Clinton, that was the only thing I liked about her being Secretary of State. It wasn't that it was her, but the fact it was a female.
Wait what Billary is a female....whoa
Combat Diver
12-25-2017, 04:34
Calling it “a big step in the right direction,” U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Sunday night announced a historic reduction in the U.N. biennial operating budget.
Haley said the plan calls for a $285 million cut for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known,” Haley said. “We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked."
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/25/haley-announces-285m-cut-in-2018-19-un-operating-budget.html
Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that.
CD
Calling it “a big step in the right direction,” U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Sunday night announced a historic reduction in the U.N. biennial operating budget.
Haley said the plan calls for a $285 million cut for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known,” Haley said. “We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked."
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/25/haley-announces-285m-cut-in-2018-19-un-operating-budget.html
Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that.
CD
It's about time.
Haley said the plan calls for a $285 million cut for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
Need to make that $3.3 Billion, small step but not big enough. How much is that wall going to cost. Divert UN money to that. CD
Reading that made my day! I agree...I say cut it all and use it for raises for the military and fix the VA.
The way I understand it, this is the U.N. cutting itself back not the US cutting funding...which I think we should do anyway on top of this reduction. The wall would be a great use of the $$.
Team Sergeant
12-25-2017, 18:28
UN uncomfortable truths.........
Everyone here that have been on or ever planned to "rescue" UN personnel and units from hot zones raise your hands...........
The United Nations is a joke and a huge waste of money.
Peregrino
12-25-2017, 19:23
UN uncomfortable truths.........
Everyone here that have been on or ever planned to "rescue" UN personnel and units from hot zones raise your hands...........
The United Nations is a joke and a huge waste of money.
Ohhh come on now; you have to be more precise. They're not really a "huge waste of money"; they're just a huge waste of OUR money. Honestly, you have to give them a little credit. After all they are "the" global forum for the Eurotrash "stripey pants crowd" to advance their NWO agenda. And where else can third world thugs go to badmouth the US to a sympathetic audience? It's all about the cocktail hour and being "seen" by the right people. :munchin
CloseDanger
12-25-2017, 19:52
Isn't this fun! :)
The day Nikki Haley was appointed UN Ambassador, I knew she was being groomed for a Presidential run. Her political shortcoming (at a national level) was lack of international experience. This position fixes that. She is a double minority and a Republican to boot. I hope Hillary lives long enough to see the Republicans put the first female President in the White House.
x/S
Everyone here that have been on or ever planned to "rescue" UN personnel and units from hot zones raise your hands...........
I think it would probably be much easier to ask for a show of hands for those that have NOT.
Intel NCO
12-26-2017, 07:25
The day Nikki Haley was appointed UN Ambassador, I knew she was being groomed for a Presidential run. Her political shortcoming (at a national level) was lack of international experience. This position fixes that. She is a double minority and a Republican to boot. I hope Hillary lives long enough to see the Republicans put the first female President in the White House.
x/S
Lord I hope so.. :munchin
The day Nikki Haley was appointed UN Ambassador, I knew she was being groomed for a Presidential run. Her political shortcoming (at a national level) was lack of international experience. This position fixes that. She is a double minority and a Republican to boot. I hope Hillary lives long enough to see the Republicans put the first female President in the White House.
x/S
THAT...would be way to good...and IN YOUR FACE for the dems... I love it...